Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe Citizen

Charleston, WV

#1 May 30, 2011
What is up with Charleston police trolling for tickets on Sunday morning out on Coridor G? We just left church to go get a prescription filled for our sick son out at the Walmart and was flowing with the traffic when we passed two Police cars. The first one just passed by and my wife realized she needed to slow down a little because the speed limit was only 50 mph. She was slowing when the second car turned on his lights and dangerously crossed a busy median to chase us since we were the last car in a four car group.

My wife realizing that she was speeding pulls over imediately and gets her information ready for the officer. This officer Null walks up and ask what is the hurry and were are we going. My wife being very polite and realizing she was speeding answers him.

The problem is he charges her with 68 in a fifty which is not at all what she was doing. She was breaking from the first police car and even then was never going more then 60! We was just the last in a four car group that was all speeding. Now this officer who must be working for the insurance company has really hurt my family with this ridiculous ticket.

The shame of it is that I work in law enforcement myself and would never have done what he did. He will cop-out that he is doing his job but writing tickets to get revenue for Charleston to good citizens who are having a bad day is just wrong. This officer was petty and rude and mean! He is not even liked by his fellow officers. If He wants to be a big tough guy He can go to the East or West end and arrest some real criminals, but that might be real work.

I wish this guys would consider the economic impact of the traffic violations that they seem to enjoy writing so much. The same guys leave work and speed all the way home. My wife at the time He pulled her over is dealing with husband fighting cancer and and Father who is suffering from a accident that has left him brain damaged. She was nice to this jerk but then cried for most of the night. As a Christian I pray for this and every man. But Karma catches everyone sooner or later.
well ill tell ya

New York, NY

#2 May 30, 2011
Well maybe if you weren't speeding, the officer wouldn't have stopped you. As for you " working in law enforcement" you're obviously not a cop, so don't say that you work in law enforcement.
well ill tell ya

New York, NY

#3 May 30, 2011
Oh I didn't even read the last paragraph... So if you have cancer or some similar sickness you're allowed to break the law? Hmm
Joe Citizen

Charleston, WV

#4 May 30, 2011
well ill tell ya wrote:
Oh I didn't even read the last paragraph... So if you have cancer or some similar sickness you're allowed to break the law? Hmm
I don't write traffic citations but I do work for the DOJ. I work with offenders all the time not once in a while so I have the right to say what I said. I am sorry to have offended you.
NotAboveTheLaw

New York, NY

#5 May 30, 2011
Joe Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't write traffic citations but I do work for the DOJ. I work with offenders all the time not once in a while so I have the right to say what I said. I am sorry to have offended you.
So, just because you work for the DOJ you have the right to break the law? You and your family can speed and it should be ignored? You're not the only one with cancer! Your wife isn't the only one who has a family member with medical problems. The problem is people who work in law enforcement thinking their above the law. Officers are merely criminals with badges and guns. About 1% of officers in this area deserve respect.
wtf

United States

#6 May 31, 2011
So officers should have to go to the next exit to turn around to stop a car? And yeah they kind of have to chase a car to stop them. Duh? You admit she was speeding, take it to municipal court and argue the speed he clocked you if you say there was a error in it. And why speed anyway? You're only getting there a minute or two early... Why? Just to complain about getting caught speeding?
Joe Citizen

Charleston, WV

#7 May 31, 2011
NotAboveTheLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just because you work for the DOJ you have the right to break the law? You and your family can speed and it should be ignored? You're not the only one with cancer! Your wife isn't the only one who has a family member with medical problems. The problem is people who work in law enforcement thinking their above the law. Officers are merely criminals with badges and guns. About 1% of officers in this area deserve respect.
I do not think that at all. We were speeding! A citation for the correct infraction was all that was expected. I really do beleave that He probably had clocked the vehicle in front of us but if you make any waves at all you are being a jerk. As for the 1% coment, That is insane! Most of the best people I know work in the criminolgy field. That being said when they call in the stop a quick look at anyones history will show if this is a problem or not. My wife had no points or citations until now. To protect and serve does not always mean taking a hard line all the time.
Joe Citizen

Charleston, WV

#8 May 31, 2011
wtf wrote:
So officers should have to go to the next exit to turn around to stop a car? And yeah they kind of have to chase a car to stop them. Duh? You admit she was speeding, take it to municipal court and argue the speed he clocked you if you say there was a error in it. And why speed anyway? You're only getting there a minute or two early... Why? Just to complain about getting caught speeding?
Sir we pulled over imeditatley, the officer did not have to chase us. I do agree with you that there is no need to speed and I have a clean record. She was just flowing with trafic which any honest person will admit is what we all do most of the time. But you are right about you coment. Just wondered how big of a problem this is on corridor-g?
NotAboveTheLaw

New York, NY

#9 May 31, 2011
Joe Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Sir we pulled over imeditatley, the officer did not have to chase us. I do agree with you that there is no need to speed and I have a clean record. She was just flowing with trafic which any honest person will admit is what we all do most of the time. But you are right about you coment. Just wondered how big of a problem this is on corridor-g?
I drive Corridor G six days a week. I can count the number of times I've even seen police out there on one hand! You are just whining because you got caught. Maybe you shouldn't be working for the DOJ. You're just like the officer you are complaining about. You think the rules don't apply to you! As for saying you pray for him, aren't Christians supposed to follow laws? Now you're a hypocrite! Quit while you're ahead and stop posting. You're obviously to ignorant to keep yourself from looking like a fool.
PISSED OFF

Charleston, WV

#10 May 31, 2011
because they are abuttssholes just like dolar a day jones the over weigh cops in charleston better worry about there health then fine some body with a dam tail light out they rather get a fine out of somebody than up hold the [law] thats why i quick going in to charleston and there city. to many stores up the river i live in chespeake wv i liked to slap the [hell] right of them all they are a bunch of over weigh cry babies
The Dude

Charleston, WV

#11 May 31, 2011
That should not be hard to do, just go speeding down the Interstate in Charleston, when you get stopped by that over weight cry baby, get out of your car walk back to the police car and smach the $hit out him. yeah good luck with that, we will be seeing your mugshot in the funny papers, like most people in here, running your mouth marble but never backin $hit up......
PISSED OFF wrote:
because they are abuttssholes just like dolar a day jones the over weigh cops in charleston better worry about there health then fine some body with a dam tail light out they rather get a fine out of somebody than up hold the [law] thats why i quick going in to charleston and there city. to many stores up the river i live in chespeake wv i liked to slap the [hell] right of them all they are a bunch of over weigh cry babies
Joe Citizen

Charleston, WV

#12 May 31, 2011
NotAboveTheLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive Corridor G six days a week. I can count the number of times I've even seen police out there on one hand! You are just whining because you got caught. Maybe you shouldn't be working for the DOJ. You're just like the officer you are complaining about. You think the rules don't apply to you! As for saying you pray for him, aren't Christians supposed to follow laws? Now you're a hypocrite! Quit while you're ahead and stop posting. You're obviously to ignorant to keep yourself from looking like a fool.
You sir are a miserable man. Christians are supposed to follow Gods laws and My family does try to do that. But we are all Human and make mistakes. You need to educate yourself before calling ignorant! But you are right about the posting! This is my last. Good day
1 post removed
wow

Penn Laird, VA

#14 May 31, 2011
Sheesh! Why all the hate? This guy isn't suggesting he's above the law at all. He's just saying the cop didn't need to be rude & should make sure he's clocked the speed for the right car. A few extra mph can have a big financial impact on a family (speeding vs. reckless driving, etc), so the cop should be sure. People driving a few miles over the limit aren't hardened criminals & they don't need treated that way.

He said he had no issue w/ getting a ticket for what his wife did. Just didn't appreciate the cop acting like an ass. Like none of you have drove a little over the limit unintentionally!
No one is above the law

United States

#15 May 31, 2011
Sorry, you just work for the DOJ. If you were an actual police officer then you would have a FOP medallion to go on your license plate (obscuring part of the number, but that's ok) and they wouldn't give you a ticket. Or if you did get some new gung-ho guy that tried to do the right thing and actually write you one, you could get it dismissed cause you'd be FOP!
CharlestonReside nt

Charleston, WV

#16 May 31, 2011
PISSED OFF wrote:
Dude! If you are going to complain, at least use proper grammar and spell your words right. It totally kills what you are trying to say here. I counted 17 problems here not including your run-on sentences. Is that what they teach in Chesapeake? As far as slapping the (Hell) out of them as you have stated; go ahead and see what happens...most of them can take on two or three alone. Maybe you can slap them with another run-on sentence or bad grammar. They will laugh themselves till they cant fight.

Since: Mar 11

Charleston, WV

#17 May 31, 2011
Joe Citizen wrote:
What is up with Charleston police trolling for tickets on Sunday morning out on Coridor G? We just left church to go get a prescription filled for our sick son out at the Walmart and was flowing with the traffic when we passed two Police cars. The first one just passed by and my wife realized she needed to slow down a little because the speed limit was only 50 mph. She was slowing when the second car turned on his lights and dangerously crossed a busy median to chase us since we were the last car in a four car group.
My wife realizing that she was speeding pulls over imediately and gets her information ready for the officer. This officer Null walks up and ask what is the hurry and were are we going. My wife being very polite and realizing she was speeding answers him.
The problem is he charges her with 68 in a fifty which is not at all what she was doing. She was breaking from the first police car and even then was never going more then 60! We was just the last in a four car group that was all speeding. Now this officer who must be working for the insurance company has really hurt my family with this ridiculous ticket.
The shame of it is that I work in law enforcement myself and would never have done what he did. He will cop-out that he is doing his job but writing tickets to get revenue for Charleston to good citizens who are having a bad day is just wrong. This officer was petty and rude and mean! He is not even liked by his fellow officers. If He wants to be a big tough guy He can go to the East or West end and arrest some real criminals, but that might be real work.
I wish this guys would consider the economic impact of the traffic violations that they seem to enjoy writing so much. The same guys leave work and speed all the way home. My wife at the time He pulled her over is dealing with husband fighting cancer and and Father who is suffering from a accident that has left him brain damaged. She was nice to this jerk but then cried for most of the night. As a Christian I pray for this and every man. But Karma catches everyone sooner or later.
Yea, I see people like you all the time on Corrider G. Sounds like your wife can't drive. Sorry. I'm usually pretty down on local law enforcement but Corrider G is a death trap full of utter maniacs and if anything, they need stricter enforcement - especially between Oakwood and 61 and particularly, Lucado. South Hills people are the nastiest drivers in the State.

I, however, got a big fat ticket while I was spending a fortune in a down town Charleston business. I actually watched the woman stand there until the meter expired. I did not give her the satisfaction of asking her not to give me a break. I just collected the ticket and got in my car.

But I'm sick of those spiders laying in wait in their little webs. It's actually an issue for me when I go downtown so I don't go as often as I'd like.

Now that's economic impact.

And I strongly suspect that you do not work at the DOJ because you're post makes no sense in that the DOJ does not work with "offenders" the way the police do.

1 post removed
Leo McGarry

Princeton, WV

#19 May 31, 2011
Joe Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> You sir are a miserable man. Christians are supposed to follow Gods laws and My family does try to do that. But we are all Human and make mistakes. You need to educate yourself before calling ignorant! But you are right about the posting! This is my last. Good day
Thank God! "Supposed to follow Gods laws and My family trys to do that", by slandering a police officer doing his job? A police officer is "rude and mean" if they do their job. They are ignorant if they take no action. What are they to do?

I bet "Joe Citizen" (who works for the DOJ and can't put two sentences together?), is an overweight, sit at my keyboard janitor type, loser.

Hey "Joey", quit crying your baby tears and pay the ticket. Get your checkbook out and slow you and your bible thumping "Christian when it is convenient " wife down while you are at it.
PISSED OFF

Charleston, WV

#20 May 31, 2011
i tell you dude if you dont like my grammber you can kiss my f ass bitch has enybody said you run your mouth to munch buddy mable you need to keep your dam mouth to your self it might get smash off bug off butt riff.
1 post removed
bwahahaha

Charleston, WV

#22 May 31, 2011
PISSED OFF wrote:
i tell you dude if you dont like my grammber you can kiss my f ass bitch has enybody said you run your mouth to munch buddy mable you need to keep your dam mouth to your self it might get smash off bug off butt riff.
Holy crap! Go back to school and pay attention this time. Hooked on phonics may be of some assistance to you.
wtf

Charleston, WV

#23 May 31, 2011
Joe Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Sir we pulled over imeditatley, the officer did not have to chase us. I do agree with you that there is no need to speed and I have a clean record. She was just flowing with trafic which any honest person will admit is what we all do most of the time. But you are right about you coment. Just wondered how big of a problem this is on corridor-g?
No, I actually do go the speed limit or within 5 mph of it for 2 reasons, because I can't afford a ticket, and speeding only gets you there a minute or so early, it's not worth it. I work my ass off and can't afford to let 2 dollar Danny or any other stack of trash politician pilfer my wallet anymore than they already do. I usually end up with people riding my ass wanting me to change lanes so they're fat lazy ass doesn't have to (several officers too, just because you're in a cruiser don't mean I'm gonna move for you, lights and siren, go around, or stay the fu$k behind me and off my bumper, asshole).

Which, cooincedentaly I NEVER change lanes for some jack ass that likes to tail gate. Why should I? I actually end up dropping it down a gear and slow down until they figure out I'm not moving for them. I drive 119 nearly every single day back and forth to work, and I've never been pulled over up there, but I've witnessed some extremely stupid stunts pulled by idiots, and seen several crashes. People going from the left lane to the right lane and not even looking... why? Just to go to KFC. Complete retards. If anything they need more patrols up there.

If I were speeding and got caught I'd expect a ticket. Theyre officers, not Burger King, you can't have it your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min Another Damn Liberal 57,268
Cops to be charged with murder 21 min Pvt Slaughter 1
Anonymous Drug Tips 35 min Quick 139
This man can legally marry in WV 1 hr PATRICKWHORISEY 1
Dr Sandra Lewis 1 hr Confused 1
Adult Breast Feeding/Adult Nursing Relationship (Aug '12) 1 hr hungry12 8
Best psychic in town 1 hr WV friend 1
White girls that bang black guys (Feb '14) 9 hr black guy 66
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Kanawha County was issued at September 02 at 3:57PM EDT

•••
•••
•••