Gazette Reporter Gary Harki is wrong ...

Gazette Reporter Gary Harki is wrong again!!!!

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Fed up with bad reporters

United States

#1 Mar 3, 2011
Mr. Harki's ongoing slamming of the State Police and police in general appears to be falling apart as he is proven wrong again in the Derick Snavely case. Mr. Harki from what I have been told has bragged that it is his goal to get on with a major newspaper as an investigative reporter so in order to make a name for himself he thinks slamming and reporting falsely about alleged mis conduct will get him noticed. Mr. Harki's reporting is suspect and usually contains a little fact mixed with much embellishment. Mr. Harki's false reporting about the police has caused much distrust of them by the public, essentially being the same type of reporter that a bad cop is to his line of work. Mr. Harki is actually more dangerous than a bad cop because most people tend to believe what they read. Mr. Harki at one point in his life probably realized that he could never make it as apolice officer so just like many wanabees, turned his trade into attacking the very people that protect us. Mr. Harki has not written a single article that I have seen in the past 6 months that hasnt slammed the police, so with his limited talent I dont see how he will ever attract a major newspaper. He has put his career goals a head of serving the public with accurate information. Mr. Harki you are an embarassment to the Gazette and all legitimate reporters. And this is not Derik Snavely writing this. You owe that man an apology and you owe all police officers an apology. Stop worrying about your career and worry about the truth!!!
I agree

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2011
I agree perhaps a law suit against him for slander will get his and the gazettes attention
Emily carpenter

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2011
He will one day realize his harsh words may have dire consequences in the event he needs help from law enforcement. Good luck!
Harki1

New York, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2011
come in guys..im just a little fat guy. stop picking in me. those big bad policemen are all wrong and im right.
Ger Real

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 28, 2011
Fed up with bad reporters wrote:
Mr. Harki's ongoing slamming of the State Police and police in general appears to be falling apart as he is proven wrong again in the Derick Snavely case. Mr. Harki from what I have been told has bragged that it is his goal to get on with a major newspaper as an investigative reporter so in order to make a name for himself he thinks slamming and reporting falsely about alleged mis conduct will get him noticed. Mr. Harki's reporting is suspect and usually contains a little fact mixed with much embellishment. Mr. Harki's false reporting about the police has caused much distrust of them by the public, essentially being the same type of reporter that a bad cop is to his line of work. Mr. Harki is actually more dangerous than a bad cop because most people tend to believe what they read. Mr. Harki at one point in his life probably realized that he could never make it as apolice officer so just like many wanabees, turned his trade into attacking the very people that protect us. Mr. Harki has not written a single article that I have seen in the past 6 months that hasnt slammed the police, so with his limited talent I dont see how he will ever attract a major newspaper. He has put his career goals a head of serving the public with accurate information. Mr. Harki you are an embarassment to the Gazette and all legitimate reporters. And this is not Derik Snavely writing this. You owe that man an apology and you owe all police officers an apology. Stop worrying about your career and worry about the truth!!!
Are you for real? Derek Snively screwed a "suspect" while he was in uniform and on the clock. If you think that is acceptable behavior from a law enforcement officer then I would say you are basically reinforcing the negative image of police.

Everybody in this State knows that the State police is full of sadistic, jack booted thugs. I have first hand knowledge of the beating of a Charleston attorney by the State Police and if anything, it's been under reported. The officers involved in that incident should be in prison.

But instead, the state police closed ranks around them and would not even release their name to the press.

Law enforcement attracts a certain type of person that tends to be prone to sadistic, bullying tendencies. Most abuse their power, skirt the law and consider themselves above the very laws they are supposed to enforce.

I can tell you for a fact that half of what goes on in the State Police that should be reported, isn't.

You must be some broad who's married to a state trooper.
Ger Real

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 28, 2011
I agree wrote:
I agree perhaps a law suit against him for slander will get his and the gazettes attention
The last thing the state police would ever due is file a slander suit against the Gazette. Know why? Because they would then be exposed to having all their filthy, criminal, and underhanded activities dragged out into the light of day.

The vast majority of crimes committed by State Police never come to light because the state police work over time to protect their own.

If you don't know that then you are either very young, not-to-bright, or you too are married to one of those thugs.
Get Real

Charleston, WV

#7 Jun 28, 2011
Should be "Get Real" not "Ger Real".
Get Real

Charleston, WV

#8 Jun 28, 2011
Emily carpenter wrote:
He will one day realize his harsh words may have dire consequences in the event he needs help from law enforcement. Good luck!
So you're a cop's wife too. You are a good example of what I'm talking about. Cops are not only a bunch of sadistic bullies but they're vindictive as well.

I didn't know they could pick and choose who they "help".
Emily Carpenter

Charleston, WV

#9 Sep 21, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a cop's wife too. You are a good example of what I'm talking about. Cops are not only a bunch of sadistic bullies but they're vindictive as well.
I didn't know they could pick and choose who they "help".

Everyone is entitle to their own opinion...don't be a dick
Idc

Springfield, NJ

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Shocker....the media is wrong AGAIN!!!!
emily carpenter

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 29, 2013
I hope you're new job busts you out to be the same lying peice of shit you are
DR Feel

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Such harsh words peoplr! We need to start loving one another just a little bit more, Dont you think?
Gossips

San Angelo, TX

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Gazette reporters like to run with their imagination. If you don't honor their requests for interviews, they print whatever they want.

I think someone needs to tighten the leash on those DBs...Eric Eyre is one of the worst among them!!

They pay no consequence for inaccurate reporting!! They're printing their opinion & gossip, not "news".

No wonder the print news is going to die within the decade.
emily carpenter

Charleston, WV

#14 Feb 11, 2013
You wouldn't believe how vindictive their wives are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walking path by the Kanawha river 29 min naturalwonder 26
I put a roman candle in myASSHOLE 49 min Marcy 3
Lawyers - Explain this please 1 hr Nancy 9
Avoid the Dead Zone Haunted House (Aug '15) 2 hr George Washington 100
Most beautiful news lady 5 hr Mike Carroll 34
Megan Jeffrey 5 hr Barney 3
Health Right on the west 5 hr Dave9381 2

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance