Charleston Town Ctr Parking Garage

Charleston Town Ctr Parking Garage

Posted in the Charleston Forum

real new minority

New Kensington, PA

#1 Apr 11, 2013
Why does the city of Charleston charge people $1.75 to park at the mall. Is it just me or does it seem they are charging you extra to spend more money. That garage has been paid for time & time again over the years and could def use some upgrades. On another note, could they at least hire some parking attendants who are not complete retards and open more than one booth during the lunch hour rush. Today they had cars backed up to the Municipal Auditorium on Truslow St. due to having only one booth open. Most days that old hag Bonnie is working the booth and bitches & complains to patrons chatting them up while the line of cars start backing up. Is this just me, or does this irritate others?
I know

Martinsburg, WV

#2 Apr 11, 2013
It's not owned by the City of Charleston. A private company that owns the mall owns it.
My opinion

Baltimore, MD

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Because they can. Have you ever been to a major ballpark, zoo or amusment park or even a hospital for that mtter. They all charge for parking because they can. Anything to make that extra dollar, and people pay it.
new minority

Cedar Grove, WV

#4 Apr 11, 2013
I know wrote:
It's not owned by the City of Charleston. A private company that owns the mall owns it.
My bad, I didn't realize it wasn't owned by the city. It's still kinda ridiculous that you have to pay parking to go shopping.
new minority

Cedar Grove, WV

#5 Apr 11, 2013
My opinion wrote:
Because they can. Have you ever been to a major ballpark, zoo or amusment park or even a hospital for that mtter. They all charge for parking because they can. Anything to make that extra dollar, and people pay it.
Been to all of the above, and totally agree with you but it still sucks to have to pay to park at any of those places especially the hospital.
Opposed

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 12, 2013
You do not have to pay for parking! Park in a residenrial neighborhood one mile away and walk to the mall. When you are done, walk a mile back to your vehicle carrying your purchases. You have just saved $1.75.
I do not pay

Charleston, WV

#7 Apr 12, 2013
You can park in the Sears automotive lot. They don't monitor it unless there is a concert or event at the Civic Center. There are also meters in the Municipal Auditorium lot and on the Lee St ground level side of the actual mall parking garage. Normally, when I pull in there my meter has at least a half hour left on it. FREE PARKING WITH NO MILE WALK! Also, on Lee st side there are no lift gates blocking the service lane. Plenty of people park in there all day every day.
Jenna

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jun 23, 2013
I was going to visit this mall but since you have to pay to park I believe I will go to fayette mall
1 post removed
good experience

Poca, WV

#10 Jun 23, 2013
Are you seriously mad about $1.75 parking charge? Go to any other city in American and get hit with $25-50 a day.

Under 2 bucks is a steal for covered parking 40 seconds or less from your destination.

But let me guess. That $6 a pack of cigs is a heck of a deal?

Try parking on the street and pay a buck an hour and if your 8 seconds late its $5 and then $25 in 48 hours. Please!
Idiot detector

Charleston, WV

#11 Jun 23, 2013
new minority wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad, I didn't realize it wasn't owned by the city. It's still kinda ridiculous that you have to pay parking to go shopping.
,, you pay to do ( anything) no adays!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cold spot (Mar '17) 11 min Hahahha 9
Cold Spottin (Aug '14) 18 min Mullen 32
Cold spot 24 min kkk 100
Sherry from Dunbar 28 min Ewww 16
Sears coming back to mall 28 min jamil 20
Kent Leonhardt Ag Commisioner 33 min interested 12
Julie Yeager IS A THIEF! 1 hr Medic 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance