just saying

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Went to out to eat at bob evans. Had a girl who never brought me a refill. got my food late but she had time to go out side and talk on her phone and smoke a cig while our food was in the window!
so when I was about to leave she had the nerve to say thank you for the tip when I left none. Its not that hard. you bring the drinks, make sure they get the salad BEFORE THE MEAL!!! and make sure the drinks are filled. Not that hard. never will stop at that bob evans again
rude

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

just saying wrote:
Went to out to eat at bob evans. Had a girl who never brought me a refill. got my food late but she had time to go out side and talk on her phone and smoke a cig while our food was in the window!
so when I was about to leave she had the nerve to say thank you for the tip when I left none. Its not that hard. you bring the drinks, make sure they get the salad BEFORE THE MEAL!!! and make sure the drinks are filled. Not that hard. never will stop at that bob evans again
Most servers aren't like that! I've been a server for years
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

If a server sucks, they don't get a tip, but if they simply bring our food, and refill our drinks when they're low, they make an easy $10. We over tip for standard service, and don't tip at all for crap service.
brett

Hookstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

TIPS... To Insure Proper Service
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

brett wrote:
TIPS... To Insure Proper Service
Yeah...but proper service should come before any compensation for such.
amen

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

just saying wrote:
I totally agree with you!!!!!
Servers act like we HAVE to leave a tip, yeah right! The ONLY time I leave a tip is if their service was good. If not, then they don't get a tip. Simple as that!
So, you servers that act like you always deserve a tip, better get real!
Justin

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I only tip the pretty ones none of the ugly ones.
Rachel

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Justin wrote:
I only tip the pretty ones none of the ugly ones.
You better always tip me :). If your married same with your wife :)
bri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

amen wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you!!!!!
Servers act like we HAVE to leave a tip, yeah right! The ONLY time I leave a tip is if their service was good. If not, then they don't get a tip. Simple as that!
So, you servers that act like you always deserve a tip, better get real!
If you're too cheap to leave a tip. You should eat fast food or cook at home. Servers make 2.13 an hour. They depend on tips to survive jack*ss
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

bri wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're too cheap to leave a tip. You should eat fast food or cook at home. Servers make 2.13 an hour. They depend on tips to survive jack*ss
Maybe if they want a tip, they should do a job deserving of a tip. I'm not going to tip a lazy server who provides shitty service just because their hourly wage sucks.
just saying

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

HEY BRI

It dont work that way..no im not cheap..but when I have to get up and walk and get my own drink then fuck the server. I had to get another server to see if our food was ready....which it was...who care what they make...if they dont give good server then they dont get a tip. I dont own the restarant ...im not responsible for their wages. So if you want to smoke talk on your phone ect...you dont get a tip. my service was so bad if I had complain to the manager I would of got my meal for free. just remember...a tip is a tip..its not an entitlement!
amen

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

bri wrote:
<quoted text>If you're too cheap to leave a tip. You should eat fast food or cook at home. Servers make 2.13 an hour. They depend on tips to survive jack*ss
Well, sweetie, that's not MY problem, now is it?
If a server is rude or not paying attention to the customers & making sure they have everything they need & are comfortable, then they Won't get a tip from me! A lot of these servers are so rude & it just makes me wonder why they are working with the public. Don't get on here & act like its everyone else's job to pay servers just bc they make "$2.13 an hour". If you don't like it, then get another job!!
Just saying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I was a server, so I know what it's like to have to WORK for tips. Talking on your phone and smoking while you are busy is unacceptable. If you must take an emergency phone call or a quick restroom break, it is not that hard to ask somebody to watch your tables for you. With that being said, I agree with those that say the tip depends on the level of service. The service I receive has to be EXTREMLY poor for me not to tip at all, but it has happened. When I have excellent service, I leave an excellent tip.
amen

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Just saying wrote:
I was a server, so I know what it's like to have to WORK for tips. Talking on your phone and smoking while you are busy is unacceptable. If you must take an emergency phone call or a quick restroom break, it is not that hard to ask somebody to watch your tables for you. With that being said, I agree with those that say the tip depends on the level of service. The service I receive has to be EXTREMLY poor for me not to tip at all, but it has happened. When I have excellent service, I leave an excellent tip.
Exactly!!!
you are, 100% right.
Some of these servers need to get this "tip entitlement" out of their crazy heads!
tip if hot

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

nothing if not
STFU

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

If you sit down and complete your meal , you better at least tip 3dollars. Servers only make 2 dollars an hour. Im tired of all the cheap skates looking for excuses not to tip the Servers. Maybe they should calculate the tip to atleast min wage on top of the order, that way cheap mofos like yoy will go to burgerking.
1 post removed
America rocks

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey I want to become a server so I can make 16 to 20 dollars a day! These ppl dont need to tip, the economy is crap! Nobody can afford to tip so its your fault! If you dont like being a slave dont be one, I wouldnt slave for a corporation for ungrateful underminded corrupt americans that are aware of this countrys struggle and use power trips to make themselves feel better when things arnt perfect! Exspect everything to become a whole lot worse, get out of that field...
beetle

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

I always tip $5. If they ignore me half the time I only leave a few dollars.
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

STFU wrote:
If you sit down and complete your meal , you better at least tip 3dollars. Servers only make 2 dollars an hour. Im tired of all the cheap skates looking for excuses not to tip the Servers. Maybe they should calculate the tip to atleast min wage on top of the order, that way cheap mofos like yoy will go to burgerking.
Not if I have to get out of my seat and ask for a refill, or ask another server. If you suck at your job, your only tip will be to go f*ck yourself. If you can't do the job, don't cry about the lack of tip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min Another Damn Liberal 54,451
Amanda Quimby worker at postal service plant 26 min Pam 4
Low life mark plants 1 hr Einstein 1
Mark Plants a below average attorney 1 hr Einstein 2
Happy ending massage? 1 hr slide 2
Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority -- Charles... (Jul '13) 1 hr corrupt manager 377
Marshall running back Kevin Grooms 2 hr Please 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE