who is the best kanawha Co. magistrate?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dis and dat

Charleston, WV

#42 Aug 26, 2013
Curious Creeker wrote:
I personally saw Carol Fouty with an ex-con and drug dealer in a bar about 30 years ago and was shocked. Also a drug dealer in my hometown was "friends with her" - so I was so leery of her that when a friend of mine got a warrant for someone and she was the judge and related to the person the warrant was for - I asked him if he wanted a different magistrate? She was suprised and asked who I was - I told her "somebody that knows you are related to this accused person" - she did not deny it. Anyway my friend dropped the charges. I did not fear her - but never trusted her and would never have allowed her to handle anything for me or anyone I knew personally.
The best magistrate I've know was/is Jack Pauley. No scandals with his family and I also knew his sweet mother - they had ethics. And I never heard any scancal on him. Charleston is a small town - rumors abound when there is corruption, but rumors are not proof. The "head" of the magistrate court needs to take responsbility for her actions too though.
Know what, I think you are lying - wish i knew you as a man or woman, which ever you are, cause I would like to discuss some things with you, face to face. You are lying and you are hiding - this makes you a coward.
dis and dat

Charleston, WV

#43 Aug 26, 2013
just thot of something else to say here - u saw her in a bar about 30 years ago. U could very well have, for she was a federal marshal at that time, dummie. u people in Charleston, WV crack me up, so uninformed and think you are livng in a big ole city like new york. wake up you hillbilly.
sure as h

Charleston, WV

#44 Aug 26, 2013
jimmy wrote:
I would like to believe that one exists, BUT given the situation involving Kanawha County Magistrate Carol Fouty, I seriously doubt it.-- Every single one of the magistrates in the Kanawha County Magistrates Court were aware of the corrupt practices of Fouty, BUT failed to do anything about it. Their silence equates to support of the corrupt practices of Fouty!-- The Kanawha County Circuit Court judges were aware of Fouty and her corrupt practices BUT the circuit court judges did NOTHING about it. Again, their silence equates to support! In my opinion that makes a statement AND I firmly believe that each and every magistrate and circuit court judge should be removed from office. I believe that the Supreme Court should bring in temporary magistrates and judges from outside the state of west virginia AND clean up the court system.
We are hot tonight, aren't we. I believe all teachers should be drug tested too. You remind me of a teacher who hasn't come down from her pills. hahahah
sure as h

Charleston, WV

#45 Aug 26, 2013
citizen truth wrote:
My vote goes to the least corruptible, former Law Enforcement officer...Paris Workman.
You gotta be kiddin, his son was a drug dealer and was on a trip to make buy in Florida with Neary, and Neary was killed. Paris's son, bARELY MADE IT. Paris knows his kids are idiots and do drugs, but he does nothing about it. So, Mr. Least Corruptible, you must be another Paris Workman. Get your head outta the sand and be responsible.
Joe hater

Charleston, WV

#46 Aug 26, 2013
Shelton is involved in alot of illegal activity .
hahayaya

Derry, PA

#47 Aug 26, 2013
citizen truth wrote:
My vote goes to the least corruptible, former Law Enforcement officer...Paris Workman.
Just ask 'Which is the best crook at the court house?'
pound cake

Charleston, WV

#48 Aug 27, 2013
couch potato wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for clarifying -- It would be nice to know which Magistrates did try tdo something about Fouty. I for one would send a letter commending them for their efforts to the West Virgina Supreme Court and to every Circuit Court judge over there. I have respect for those magistrates that tried to do something. Now it needs to be investigated "who" and "why" were the magistates past efforts unsupported. Let us take a look at "who" these individuals are and the reason that action was NOT taken against Fouty. Any info on dates, incidents involving Fouty and the NAMES of those that could have done something and didn't ARE to be reported. The Court system in West Virginia belongs to the citizens of this community and is NOT the "playground" for a bunch of corrupt individuals to take advantage of all of us.-- I for one WANT to believe that I can get a fair hearing should I have to go the Court. Right now THAT'S NOT THE CASE. Charges are to be brought against Carol Fouty AND if the prosecuting attorney Mark Plant CAN'T SEEM TO DO HIS JOB -- THEN MARK PLANT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THIS is all a bunch of crap that the regular citizen CAN'T trust the very people elected to protect us.
then why didn't the US Attorney's office take up the case? Probably there was not enough PC (probable cause_)you sound as if you do not understand the judicial system. Should go to law school and learn something before opening thy mouth and inserting that big long thing into it.
sissy

Charleston, WV

#49 Aug 27, 2013
My God - go after the Supreme court, esp. Janie Moore. She must have known lots of stuff that went on in magistrate Court and why didn't she say something? Maybe there was nothing she could say, you think? Fouty was the best Judge in the building at 111 Court Street. Always will be. Some of you haters were put in jail and you are just expressing sour grapes now. Get over it and go on with your lives.
weeeeeee

Saint Albans, WV

#50 Aug 27, 2013
carol fauty......like always...wish she would re run, so I can vote for her again!
1 post removed
SHAGGY

Charleston, WV

#52 Apr 15, 2016
josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on boomaus!
Is'nt Fouty dead or close by now! All these people are mental midgets! They don't make much money either!
bas123

Charleston, WV

#53 Apr 15, 2016
The most honorable and respective magistrate that is fair is Paris Workmam, Marva Crouch, Carol Fouty, Julie Yeager, Kim Aaron, The worst and most disrespectful aholes are Joe shelton, Hollering, Harshbarger
Cody britton

Chicago, IL

#54 Jan 8, 2017
Carol fouty an joe shelton along with the exception of
Jack pauley seem to be the best 3 i know or knowed of
They are fair not perfect but who is the main thing they
Are fair and firm but caring . that means everything.
Honestly

Hurricane, WV

#55 Jan 9, 2017
The only requirements to be a magistrate are a high school diploma or ged, 21 years old, and not a felon. You could theoretically be one of the stupidest people in the county and know less about the law than anyone and become a magistrate.
1 post removed
blackpot

Saint Albans, WV

#57 Jan 9, 2017
Cody britton wrote:
Carol fouty an joe shelton along with the exception of
Jack pauley seem to be the best 3 i know or knowed of
They are fair not perfect but who is the main thing they
Are fair and firm but caring . that means everything.
Carol Fouty lol
bob

Charleston, WV

#58 Jan 10, 2017
blackpot wrote:
<quoted text>

Carol Fouty lol
Carol Fouty has not been magistrate for years
truth

Saint Albans, WV

#59 Jan 18, 2017
bob wrote:
<quoted text>Carol Fouty has not been magistrate for years
Yeah, I'm quite aware. She was the most crooked magistrate there ever was. I was laughing at people who thought she would be a good one.
Trutj

Chicago, IL

#60 Aug 10, 2017
dis and dat wrote:
<quoted text>Know what, I think you are lying - wish i knew you as a man or woman, which ever you are, cause I would like to discuss some things with you, face to face. You are lying and you are hiding - this makes you a coward.
I agrr. 100% it"s bull yeager sucks and unprofessinal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People who still smoke cigarettes while pumping... 1 hr Comeon 13
Kanawha City to become the new 'West Side" (Sep '14) 2 hr Janet 33
Sandy Bradley 2 hr Love 12
Crystal Hoffman arrested again 2 hr Intheknow 14
What happened to chevron? 3 hr Pete D 2
Accessory After The Fact-Legal Definition -Felony 4 hr RNs 1
Immunity For Full Story 4 hr Erin 5

Charleston Jobs

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages