who is the best kanawha Co. magistrate?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
citizen truth

Roanoke, VA

#1 Apr 20, 2012
My vote goes to the least corruptible, former Law Enforcement officer...Paris Workman.
jimmy

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 20, 2012
I would like to believe that one exists, BUT given the situation involving Kanawha County Magistrate Carol Fouty, I seriously doubt it.-- Every single one of the magistrates in the Kanawha County Magistrates Court were aware of the corrupt practices of Fouty, BUT failed to do anything about it. Their silence equates to support of the corrupt practices of Fouty!-- The Kanawha County Circuit Court judges were aware of Fouty and her corrupt practices BUT the circuit court judges did NOTHING about it. Again, their silence equates to support! In my opinion that makes a statement AND I firmly believe that each and every magistrate and circuit court judge should be removed from office. I believe that the Supreme Court should bring in temporary magistrates and judges from outside the state of west virginia AND clean up the court system.
chan

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 20, 2012
There are no good ones.
unknown

United States

#4 Apr 21, 2012
Its not just fouty they all thhe same some just hide it better
fed up

Huntington, WV

#5 Apr 21, 2012
the current magistrates have been saying something for years, yet no one would listen, we have stood up but we can't talk about the details, so dont confuse our silence with turning a blind eye, if you only knew the whole story, you would not lump all magistrates in the same category, everytime we would say something, we were told "its under investigation"
RLD

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 21, 2012
A couple of them have done be favors and Fouty wasn't one of them! It's all about who you know and who can pull strings for you.
unknown

United States

#7 Apr 22, 2012
Im saying its ALL of them!
boomaus

Astoria, NY

#8 Apr 22, 2012
I thought Julie Yeager was the one who initially blew the whole thing wide open.
When Fouty's "maid" was arrested for the DUI and possession it was Yeager who arraigned her.
Fouty asked if Yeager could do something to help and Yeager complained.
That's what the initial story said, if memory serves.
I know only one personally, Kim Aaron, and I can't say anything about her actions as a Magistrate, but she seems like an honorable person to me.
boomaus

Astoria, NY

#9 Apr 22, 2012
Oh, an when I say Fouty's maid I really meant indentured servant.
josh

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 23, 2012
boomaus wrote:
Oh, an when I say Fouty's maid I really meant indentured servant.
Right on boomaus!
concerned property owner

Charleston, WV

#11 May 6, 2012
fed up wrote:
the current magistrates have been saying something for years, yet no one would listen, we have stood up but we can't talk about the details, so dont confuse our silence with turning a blind eye, if you only knew the whole story, you would not lump all magistrates in the same category, everytime we would say something, we were told "its under investigation"
I hear what you are saying -- BUT how is the average citizen to know "which" ones have tried to do something AND which ones "supported" Fouty and her corrupt pratices? Fouty was able to "commit" crimes AND HER BEHAVIOR WAS "ALLOWED" BY SOMEBODY IN THE COURT SYSTEM, prosecuting attorney's office, Kanawha Couty Commissions office and other people in positions of power in Kanawha County.- These individuals NEED to be removed from their positions! When a magistrate "sells" out the "rights" of "ONE" CITIZEN -- that magistrate/judge "sells" out EVERYBODY'S rights in the community! SELECTIVE "JUSTICE" depending on "who" your friends are?--- Doesn't work for me AND should NOT work for anyone in Kanawha County!
Maybe a "NEW" METHOD involving the selection for MAGISTRATES and Judges in Kanawha County should be considered. NO ELECTION but be appointed by the governor, AFTER A COMPLETE INVESTIGATION has been done by the Senate/Legislatures on each nominated candidate, as well, as other requirements.--- Maybe a review by a commission set up in the "northern" part of West Virginia to review ALL the candidates for the magistrate and judge positions.-- One thing about it --- IT WOULD CERTAINLY REDUCE THE CORRUPTION that appears to be taking place in Kanawha County.--- I for one AM VERY CONCERNED REGARDING THE MAGISTRATE CAROL FOUTY AND the reported corruption.----CHARGES ARE TO BE BROUGHT AGAINST HER! I don't understand "why" Kanawha Cty Prosecutor Mark Plant hasn't moved on this! Why has the Kanawha County Commission MOVED ON THIS MATTER?
Lady Shylock

Charleston, WV

#12 May 6, 2012
Pistol Pete Lopez
couch potato

Charleston, WV

#13 May 11, 2012
if Yeager reported Fouty THEN she has my vote. I think that Traci Carper-Strickland WAS AWARE OF FOUTY and probably was a partner in the corruption. Traci Carper-Strickland NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE BENCH. SHE is head Magistrate and FAILED the citizens of Kanawha County.-- Go HOME Traci Carper-Strickland and SLEEP ON YOUR OWN TIME!
In the know

Hurricane, WV

#14 May 11, 2012
Yeager did not report Fouty. Traci Strickland is a good magistrate and always conducts herself professionally. Several magistrates said something about Fouty, several times and nothing was done.
couch potato

Charleston, WV

#15 May 11, 2012
In the know wrote:
Yeager did not report Fouty. Traci Strickland is a good magistrate and always conducts herself professionally. Several magistrates said something about Fouty, several times and nothing was done.
thanks for clarifying -- It would be nice to know which Magistrates did try tdo something about Fouty. I for one would send a letter commending them for their efforts to the West Virgina Supreme Court and to every Circuit Court judge over there. I have respect for those magistrates that tried to do something. Now it needs to be investigated "who" and "why" were the magistates past efforts unsupported. Let us take a look at "who" these individuals are and the reason that action was NOT taken against Fouty. Any info on dates, incidents involving Fouty and the NAMES of those that could have done something and didn't ARE to be reported. The Court system in West Virginia belongs to the citizens of this community and is NOT the "playground" for a bunch of corrupt individuals to take advantage of all of us.-- I for one WANT to believe that I can get a fair hearing should I have to go the Court. Right now THAT'S NOT THE CASE. Charges are to be brought against Carol Fouty AND if the prosecuting attorney Mark Plant CAN'T SEEM TO DO HIS JOB -- THEN MARK PLANT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THIS is all a bunch of crap that the regular citizen CAN'T trust the very people elected to protect us.
the eye

San Angelo, TX

#16 May 11, 2012
In the know wrote:
Traci Strickland is a good magistrate. Does a lot of work for the children of the county as well dealing with all the truancy issues
dog catcher

Charleston, WV

#17 May 12, 2012
the eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Traci Strickland is a good magistrate. Does a lot of work for the children of the county as well dealing with all the truancy issues
o.k THEN magistrate Carper-Strickland HAD EVEN MORE REASONS TO BE CONCERNED about the USE of the magistrate position by Fouty for dismissing charges against ADDICTS and setting them back on the street. Fouty even turned that individual brought in by law enforcement "even when the guy admitted" to being under the influence - Fouty let the "individual" GO back out onto the streets and the guy was rearrested. THE tragedies that could have happened go without saying. FOUTY EVEN "changed" the court documents to COVER IT UP! THAT ACTION RIGHT THERE IS CRIMINAL.
-- MAGISTRATE CARPER-STRICKLAND has been over there (IN CHARGE) OF THE OTHER MAGISTRATES and SHE doesn't have ISSUES with Fouty's illegal conduct? Come on now! I don't buy it! Nope, Carper-Strickland is to be brought up on charges as well as Fouty. Something is NOT right -- Fouty did NOT act alone for all these years AND GET AWAY WITH CORRUPT PRACTICES WITHOUT THE HEAD MAGISTRATE KNOWING ABOUT IT AND ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN! Magistrate Carper-Strickland needs to be dismissed -- she failed the citizens of Kanawha County!
cowboy biker

Charleston, WV

#18 May 15, 2012
the eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Traci Strickland is head magistrate! So if a person is "head' Magistrate THEN that position comes with certain job desriptions OR else "why" would the position exist. Strickland HAD TO HAVE KNOWN ABOUT FOUTY AND HER CORRUPTION -- so "why" hasn't the question been asked by the "authorities" doing the investigation? I think and say that Traci Carper-Strickland ISN'T BEING CALLED ON THE CARPET about Fouty BECAUSE Traci Carper-Strickland is the daughter of Ken Carper (head of the Kanawha County Commission). Which then in turn leads me to believe that Ken Carper is involved with the support of the corruption of Fouty. Seems that Ken Carper could be controlling the Magistrate Court by and THROUGH HIS DAUGHTER TRACI CARPER-STRICKLAND. Sounds like a corrupt "racket" of a "few" good ole' boys controllling the magistrate court. I don't think I'm wrong AND GUESS WHAT that new DEPT OF JUSTICE UNIT set up to look at the corruption in West Virginia needs to be told that fact! I say let's clean house and get rid of every single one of the Kanawha County Magistrates and let's NOT let Ken Carper or anybody on the kanawha county commission or ANY WV government agency that might have influece have any say in the matter.
texas toast

Charleston, WV

#19 May 16, 2012
it's sure not Traci Carper STrickland. She's the daughter of Ken Carper that just happens to be the head of the Kanawha County Commission! Fancy that! He controls Kanawha County and his daughter does his bidding in the magistrate court. What a bunch of crap! Justice doesn't exist in Kanawha county. Just a bunch of "small minded" people trying to look like they are somebody at the expense of the rest of the people. Get rid of Carper at the Kanawha County Commission and get rid of his daughter in the magistrate court.
old one

Charleston, WV

#20 May 17, 2012
Why does the position of "head magistrate" exist if not to supervise the work load and practices of the other magistrates?-- Isn't that what that all other "jobs" have -- a supervisor looking over the work product of the people they are supervising? Fouty's has been known for years of corrupt practices BUT nobody stepped up to the plate and did their job. Corrupt behaviors are only reinforced if they go unchecked. Fouty's behaviors have been allowed to exist AND obviously have been allowed to exist TO TAKE CARE of citizens that might disagree. Fouty is the "thug" magistrate doing the dirty work for the ones that wanted to maintain their own image in the community. Well, Fouty, is caught and SHE absolutely needs to be prosecuted. Any judge or magistrate over in that court that sides with this corrupt Fouty are to be scrutinized and removed from their position. If the person supports corruption THEN that person is NOT the person that needs to be on the bench. If cleaning house with every judge and magistrate in Kanawha County being relieved of their position THEN so be it! Abuse covered up never gets better. This community needs to take care of its dirty magistrates and judges quickly and efficiently AND get on with healing the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hero 45 min our heros 1
Marissa Loftis abandoned her son 54 min What 34
Booms? (Feb '14) 1 hr Dooms 67
Kenny Bass 1 hr The truth 8
dave Hendrickson 1 hr smiley 3
Are you a member of the mile high club? 2 hr Jules 5
Doug Skaff arrested for DUI 2 hr Hmmmm 26
Charleston Dating
Find my Match

Charleston Jobs