I need some advice of my own.

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2013
I have become single recently and would like some good advice on where I should start to look for a good woman. I'm in my mid thirties so I'm not gonna go clubing or bar hoping, I'm past all that! I want a good woman and I don't go to church so where should I start? Please sarcastic idiots please stay off!
2 posts removed
Never too old

Martinsburg, WV

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Just because you are in your mid 30's doesn't mean you can't still go bar hopping or clubbing. I still do and I am in my late 40's. I enjoy it and YES there are plenty of women to meet. Some good some not so good and some you may not want momma to meet, but hey" that is the beauty of being single you can say yes or say no.

I got divorced at age 37 and two years later met a very pretty, clean. nice and wonderful lady at the Atlantis night club and we dated for 2 1/2 years. We even moved in together and all was good.

She wanted to get matrried and I did not so we decided mutually to go our separate ways.

What i'm saying is if you don't like going to bars then don't, but if you do and you think your 30's is too old then you are wrong.

Give the bar scene a try and let nature take it's course!
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Jan 27, 2013
JustWant2BEhappy wrote:
I have become single recently and would like some good advice on where I should start to look for a good woman. I'm in my mid thirties so I'm not gonna go clubing or bar hoping, I'm past all that! I want a good woman and I don't go to church so where should I start? Please sarcastic idiots please stay off!
I noticed that your first taker was one that you specifically ask not to reply! and that was "Sarcastic Idiots"! You're always going to get them when you want good information. Sorry I can help you, wish I could, but I have a steady Boy Friend anyway, and I live out of State. Good luck to you.
will be waitin

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 27, 2013
JustWant2BEhappy wrote:
You could try the grand palace or traxx if you just need someone to help you work through things while your looking
Never too old

Martinsburg, WV

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Nancy my response wasn't sarcastic! Just wanted him to know good women frequent bars also.
will be waitin

Charleston, WV

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Never too old wrote:
Nancy my response wasn't sarcastic! Just wanted him to know good women frequent bars also.
So if my lifestyle is different it has to be sarcastic ? Maybe I know something about him you don't ?
bahahaha

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2013
will be waitin wrote:
<quoted text>
You could try the grand palace or traxx if you just need someone to help you work through things while your looking
wow. id call this person a smartass but theyre not all that smart. both of those places have been closed. nearly a decade for the Palace.

to the original poster - best of luck to you. try the local gym or rec center...i know a few couples who met that way.
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jan 28, 2013
Never too old wrote:
What bars do you suggest? And thx for your input.
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Jan 28, 2013
bahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. id call this person a smartass but theyre not all that smart. both of those places have been closed. nearly a decade for the Palace.
to the original poster - best of luck to you. try the local gym or rec center...i know a few couples who met that way.

Thx and that also sounds like a good idea. Yeah being single has it's up sides but I'm just sick of getting lonely at night! Sometimes I really miss my ex alot and really get discouraged about meeting someone else because she kinda raised the bars as far as standards! She was really smart and so pretty.
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#12 Jan 28, 2013
will be waitin wrote:
<quoted text>
So if my lifestyle is different it has to be sarcastic ? Maybe I know something about him you don't ?
Um no you don't! I'm as straight as an arrow!!!
Ok let me make this clear so no more idiots get mixed up! I'm a straight man looking for a good WOMAN ok!!! K thx
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Jan 28, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed that your first taker was one that you specifically ask not to reply! and that was "Sarcastic Idiots"! You're always going to get them when you want good information. Sorry I can help you, wish I could, but I have a steady Boy Friend anyway, and I live out of State. Good luck to you.
I know there will always be some idiots but just tryn to fend off as much as you can you know lol and thx Nancy I appreiate your post! And too bad your takin, you sound really sweet. Your bf is a lucky man lol
JustTryit

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Have you ever thought about an online site like match.com ? A friend of mine has a account on match.com and he gets quit a few dates and other things from there. You may wanna check it out?
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Tonight is pretty bad :( I can't sleep because I'm thinking of her! I can still smell her perfume on my bed. I keep thinking of her touch and kiss and how soft and smooth her skin is! I know I got it bad. This sucks! Idk what to do, I miss her so much, I just want to die right now!
Hmmmmm

Lansing, WV

#16 Jan 29, 2013
JustWant2BEhappy wrote:
Tonight is pretty bad :( I can't sleep because I'm thinking of her! I can still smell her perfume on my bed. I keep thinking of her touch and kiss and how soft and smooth her skin is! I know I got it bad. This sucks! Idk what to do, I miss her so much, I just want to die right now!
If you loved her then you should be right beside of her or you should be trying to work things out with her not whining about it over topix infront of everybody where she can't hear you! Sounds like your just looking for attention
JustWant2BEhappy

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you loved her then you should be right beside of her or you should be trying to work things out with her not whining about it over topix infront of everybody where she can't hear you! Sounds like your just looking for attention
No not wanting attention and how she gonna see this when for one how she gonna know who this is and for two she doesnt get on topix.
yeah prob shouldnt have aired it out last night but just thought id get it off my chest? Believe me if i could be beside her tryin to work it out then i would but im pretty sure her man wouldnt approve so much, dont you think! But thx for being so nice it means so much!Hope your never brokenhearted and hurting.
justwanttoBehapp y

Charleston, WV

#18 Jan 30, 2013
JustWant2BEhappy wrote:
<quoted text>No not wanting attention and how she gonna see this when for one how she gonna know who this is and for two she doesnt get on topix.
yeah prob shouldnt have aired it out last night but just thought id get it off my chest? Believe me if i could be beside her tryin to work it out then i would but im pretty sure her man wouldnt approve so much, dont you think! But thx for being so nice it means so much!Hope your never brokenhearted and hurting.
Ok everyone I have a announcement to make, I am gay and my ex is a transsexual ,when he finally changed fully into a woman after surgery I just didn't want him anymore but love is love either way and his new man don't even know yet??
1 post removed
Bored

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 30, 2013
To the man who originally post.. I see where u said u missed her & ppl can be jerks in here!! I'm getting ready to become divorced & it is hard transitioning back into the single life. Honestly I think it's best to let her go. If she loved u as much as u seem to love her she would be there with u. Just be single for awhile sometimes it's the best thing to do until the right person comes along. Hope things work out for you :)
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
To the man who originally post.. I see where u said u missed her & ppl can be jerks in here!! I'm getting ready to become divorced & it is hard transitioning back into the single life. Honestly I think it's best to let her go. If she loved u as much as u seem to love her she would be there with u. Just be single for awhile sometimes it's the best thing to do until the right person comes along. Hope things work out for you :)
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm sorry your getting divorced, it's never easy.
JustWant2BEhappy

Chesapeake, OH

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Bored wrote:
So how long was you married? I've been single for awhile now and it doesn't get ant easier. I don't think that there is a "right" person out there for me to come along.
Bored

Charleston, WV

#23 Feb 1, 2013
JustWant2BEhappy wrote:
<quoted text>
So how long was you married? I've been single for awhile now and it doesn't get ant easier. I don't think that there is a "right" person out there for me to come along.
Would've been a year in may, but we've been thru so much it's just not the same!! I've lost all trust with him so its better to just move on!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr UTrashy 1,481
Heaven? 1 hr Grace 38
HPV and Related Cancers 2 hr Wake Up 10
bobbi jo 2 hr Josh 17
Breaker breaker Hound dog Tom Clark 3 hr Hound dog Clark 1
Kanawha Electric Sucks 3 hr George Dickle 16
Nicole HELMS (Jun '15) 3 hr Lil bird 73

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance