5. Mississippi
6. Maine
7. Tennessee
8. South Carolina
9. Missouri
10. Michigan

West Virginia
> Pct. of working age population with benefits: 9.0%
> Pct. with recurring neck and back pain: 39.0%(the highest)
> 2011 labor force participation rate: 54.1%(the lowest)
> 2011 unemployment rate: 7.8%(23rd lowest)

No state had a higher percentage of working age people receiving SSDI benefits than West Virginia. In addition, the benefits received from by the federal government were more generous compared to most states. The average monthly benefit of more than $1,140 in 2011 was the 10th highest of all states. Almost 21% of recipients received monthly benefits of at least $1,600, a higher percentage than all but three states. Like most states on this list, West Virginia is among the less-educated states in the country. Just 18.5% of the adult population had a bachelorís degree, the lowest percentage of all states. Also, few residents in the state had jobs. Just 54.1% of residents were considered part of the labor force in 2011, by far the lowest percentage of any state in the nation.
T Tebow

Huntington, WV

#2 May 21, 2013
You are shocked?
wv by god

Charleston, WV

#3 May 21, 2013
that's how we keep all the jerks out
1 post removed
fukkyu indaazzz

Charleston, WV

#5 May 22, 2013
wv the cucksocker state
Hahaha

Greenville, VA

#6 May 22, 2013
.....and so many are proud to call it their "crazy check," too. Dipshits.
swan

Charleston, WV

#7 May 24, 2013
Yes and they are so proud of their unhealthy lifestyles and refuse to change, which is how they get on disability. It is something they strive for. They smoke, do drugs, refuse to exercise, eat a high fat and high calorie diet, abuse one another, have sex with children, encourage their children to do poorly in school etc. etc. WV will always be at the bottom of the barrel. Always has been, always will be.
why

Charleston, WV

#8 May 24, 2013
Why does this matter? I love WV and I really don't care what everyone else around here is doing or not doing. Ignore the system suckers, obese, and drug addicts if you don't like them. It's not that difficult to do.
me and only me

Charleston, WV

#9 May 24, 2013
the bulk of the disabiltys in wv is stae and county workers, lawyers and doctors. does that answer your question?
Dude

Charleston, WV

#10 May 24, 2013
Way to go WV !!!
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#11 May 24, 2013
I want all you cry babies out there to know that I'm really glad you all work hard and pay your taxes so I can get my. Crazy check every month, I never had but one job in my life and that only lasted 4 days, it was just to hard! I have been getting my check since back in 1980, I get a check, food stamp card, housing, utilities , and even got a car to drive, I get medical and prescription card free, I don't care what you all think of me because when you stop to think about it,, who is the idiots here? Lmao, we'll have to go pack car and camper to go fishing this weekend, you all keep up the good work!
T Tebow

Huntington, WV

#12 May 24, 2013
Fat Man wrote:
I want all you cry babies out there to know that I'm really glad you all work hard and pay your taxes so I can get my. Crazy check every month, I never had but one job in my life and that only lasted 4 days, it was just to hard! I have been getting my check since back in 1980, I get a check, food stamp card, housing, utilities , and even got a car to drive, I get medical and prescription card free, I don't care what you all think of me because when you stop to think about it,, who is the idiots here? Lmao, we'll have to go pack car and camper to go fishing this weekend, you all keep up the good work!
Huh, with that English degree you obviously have, I figured your job as a university professor would be going well.
1 post removed
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#14 May 24, 2013
Lmao I don't care what's gonna happen after I'm gone, and what the hell is self respect and pride? I'm proud as hell we have a country I can live in where everyone else will take care of me!!! I'm luckiest guy in the world,, well one of them anyway!
Lou Lou

Charleston, WV

#15 May 24, 2013
That's right fat man I have been on public help since 1990,& my family have been on it for generations and I plan to stay on it as long as the rest of the ppl work!!!
Diva biz

Huntington, WV

#16 May 25, 2013
swan wrote:
Yes and they are so proud of their unhealthy lifestyles and refuse to change, which is how they get on disability. It is something they strive for. They smoke, do drugs, refuse to exercise, eat a high fat and high calorie diet, abuse one another, have sex with children, encourage their children to do poorly in school etc. etc. WV will always be at the bottom of the barrel. Always has been, always will be.
Your statement is 100% true because these people choose to make a career out of getting a check. I use to be a social worker and I had a client tell her 16 year old daughter, that she had 2 years to get pregnant and have a baby, so she could get her own welfare check. Mama wasn't telling her daughter to graduate high school & go to college, or learn a trade, but no get knocked up & get a check.
Diva biz

Huntington, WV

#17 May 25, 2013
This is why the drug use problem of pills and meth, has actually been a good thing. All of the druggies & junkies need to OD and die, resulting in less bottom feeders sucking up WV tax dollars. Most are on checks, food stamps, SSI, Medicaid, are of no use anyway, so encourage them to take 5 Opana or 10 Tylox at one time, so we can be rid of them. Good to see Heroin making a come back because junkies OD and die on that stuff faster than Raid kills a cockroach.
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#18 May 25, 2013
I have you know I don't mix drugs, that's to dangerous , I prefer opanas over everything else, in fact thx for reminding me need to call Riteaid!! Have a great weekend
1 post removed
swan

Charleston, WV

#20 May 25, 2013
Fat Man is just a troll.
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#21 May 25, 2013
FYI swan, I am not a troll, I'm a real person that has figured out how to beat the system and I think the rest of you all are just jealous because you are not smart enough to do it!! Tyvm
1 post removed
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#23 May 25, 2013
FYI dinger,, my grand parents passed there know how to my parents and my parents passed it on to me and I am passing it on to my kids! Don't say nothing is free because I can really prove you wrong, you just need to be smart enough to do it!!
1 post removed
Fat Man

Charleston, WV

#25 May 25, 2013
FYI I damn sure don't want or need your pity and neither do my kids, my dad told me as his dad told him, be proud of the man you are and don't worry about what people think or say about you because it don't matter if you are happy, and only way I could get any happier is if they gave me a raise, so don't be sorry for me because I'm doin just fine!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weavers are pure trash. 1 hr be warned 1
kavi 1 hr LoL 2
Blessed are the heterosexual family 1 hr Blinded by the li... 3
girl at kc gomart 1 hr Yawn 2
Hooray! Said everyone. 1 hr Another thug down! 1
Just found out my fiance dated a black man 2 hr whitey 23
Clint Eastwood will die lonely and miserable 2 hr Love Clint 3
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web