stop whining about coal
grandious

Barboursville, WV

#1 Sep 21, 2013
coal is dead. get jobs in natural gas production, hauling, refining or equipment manufacturing. Or, keep saying "oh wo is me" and wait till everything passes you by. power plants are switching to gas. get over it. coal like the unions are on the down slope. wait till you hit bottom or make a change now.
for real

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Sep 21, 2013
tell that to a coal miner, jerk face. dare ya. i know though. your only hard on line. thats a guarantee and you wouldn't last a day down in a shaft with one! that's another guarantee.
treng

Barboursville, WV

#3 Sep 21, 2013
for real wrote:
tell that to a coal miner, jerk face. dare ya. i know though. your only hard on line. thats a guarantee and you wouldn't last a day down in a shaft with one! that's another guarantee.
Is that the mentality of the coal miners that are left? They would rather go to jail for assault than stay working and take care of their families needs. Sounds like a plan....no wonder the mines are closing and the miners are making less and less money.
nutz

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 21, 2013
yeah smart ass lets get a windmill on all our houses'thats you obama ppl what idiots'and useing lp would cost 50% more then what were paying now' but if your a welfare bum it wont cost nothing
fart

Barboursville, WV

#5 Sep 21, 2013
natural gas is cheaper to burn than coal dumbass. the only windmill is in your pie hole mouth that blows hot air. you're just a holler hoot redneck.
lol

Charleston, WV

#6 Sep 22, 2013
Gas jobs are hard to get I really put in a genuine effort for a long time before joining the coal mines I'd much rather do it even now than to work my balls off in a mine is there enough gas jobs out there to replace the miners jobs no should those lucky enough to have a gas job bit rub it in and mock miners no. When supporting my family don't care which route I take as long as there is one obamas decisions will ruin this state some May end up in gas but mist will have to leave gas might be nice and easier work but coal raised and put this state on the map through hard work and at the cost of many lives but this coal has took care of the people of this state so have some state pride if ur a West Virginian born and raised ur talkin smack about someone in ur family also because coal is a part of us all
1 post removed
Gas Guzzler

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 22, 2013
If you are connected with the coal business then Obama has really ""F"" you. That is what you get for voting Democrat.
pete

Killeen, TX

#9 Sep 22, 2013
grandious wrote:
coal is dead. get jobs in natural gas production, hauling, refining or equipment manufacturing. Or, keep saying "oh wo is me" and wait till everything passes you by. power plants are switching to gas. get over it. coal like the unions are on the down slope. wait till you hit bottom or make a change now.
You are ignorant, there are not enough jobs available to employ all of the coal industry. Let me guess you or your man works in natural gas huh? I bet you would be whining like a little b i t c h if the n gas industry was going under. Worry about your self. Wv is coal stupid.
pete

Killeen, TX

#10 Sep 22, 2013
To invest to be able to use only natural gas will cost killions idiots, its cheaper to use but we have to pay for development first know it all..
ruh roh

Culloden, WV

#11 Sep 22, 2013
Appalachian Power plans to convert to natural gas

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201305310003

Celanese Corp. giles county Va.broke ground this morning on a $150 million project to wean itself off coal-powered energy in favor of more environmentally friendly natural gas.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/business/2181042-...

Dominion Virginia Power said Wednesday it is asking Virginia regulators for permission to convert its oldest coal-fired power station in Fluvanna County to natural gas ...cost %54 million

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/domi...

NRG Energy plans to retrofit the New Castle PA. coal-fired electric power plant to run on natural gas,

http://shalestuff.com/controversy-2/castle-po...
Limmuel

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Sep 22, 2013
When I need gas I just stop by Taco Bell. I didn't vote Obama either./ Our community is not in need of an organizer. We need jobs.
rin tin tin

Culloden, WV

#13 Sep 22, 2013
pete wrote:
To invest to be able to use only natural gas will cost killions idiots, its cheaper to use but we have to pay for development first know it all..
You sound desperate. No more triple time pay for working on your birthday. the world is changing.
billy

Winfield, WV

#14 Sep 22, 2013
fart wrote:
natural gas is cheaper to burn than coal dumbass. the only windmill is in your pie hole mouth that blows hot air. you're just a holler hoot redneck.
speaking of blowing how's your mom
fart

Culloden, WV

#15 Sep 22, 2013
billy wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of blowing how's your mom
my moms dead. died when I was 2 years old.
Kenneth

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Sep 23, 2013
No coal jobs. Blame Obama.
Kenneth

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Sep 23, 2013
billy wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of blowing how's your mom
I think she is down at the truck stop supervising your mom giving the truckers BJs.
MIKE

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Sep 24, 2013
There are very few natural gas jobs in this area,most or all are up north. Any one who knows any thing knows wv needs coal to survive,if you dont then you are just plain stupid, it affects every every business in wv coal pays and coal miners and there familys love to spend money. The windmills do not work billions of tax payers money wasted. Natural gas is some ehat cleaner but does not produce the btu's coal does so it is less effictive, and solor power is a joke.None of this are my opinion they are facts, and no Im not a coal miner nor is any one in my family, just a small business hoping the economy picks back up. Oh yeah and for give my spelling and grammer, this is not a english papper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the Justice? Hard to let it go! 1 hr April 31
Most beautiful news lady 3 hr Honestly 22
Is The HCA of WV Doing Its Job? (Dec '15) 4 hr Politics 68
News Drug Addiction Epidemic Town Hall Meeting set f... 4 hr Politics 5
Divorced dating 4 hr Honestly 26
How do you get a topix deleted? 5 hr Politics 12
Hospital Merger Bill is Anti-Business and Anti-... 5 hr Politics 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages