laundry tech at camc
hello

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Does anyone know how much money a laundry tech at camc makes?
Stinky

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Starts out at $9.10 an hour but its a nasty job. You will probably start in soiled linen. You will be sorting soiled surgery linen. It's not for everybody. You can transfer to another dept. after 1 year. CAMC is a good place to work regardless of what you read on here. The benefits are some of the best I've had. Example : 90-10 insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Good luck to ya if you apply.
hello

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Thank you I appreciate your help & yeah they do have good benefits my mom worked there for years before she retired
1 post removed
stfu

Charleston, WV

#5 Mar 28, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
<quoted text>Dear God, why would anyone work for such a low wage? Is that considered good for Wrong Turn country? Sorting out someone's dirty laundry would be disgusting indeed. Seems like it should pay at least $50-60 thousand per year for even a hillbilly to do that. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
And you call $50-$60,000 a year good money? Lmfao! Seems like youre the trash if that sounds like good money!
Honest Work

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Honest pay for an honest days work is what built America. I hope and pray you get the job and do well with it. I once worked at CAMC Memorial Division in the early 80's doing the same exact thing in the laundry room and was described for 1 1/2 years before transfering to another department. I stayed at CAMC for another 10 years before moving out of state.

Yes the benefits are great and the opportunities for advancement within in the company are endless if you take advantage of them. Goodluck!

P.S.

I now work for Dow Chemical and will retire later in the year and I owe all my success in life to CAMC for giving me a chance.
enuff

Nitro, WV

#7 Mar 28, 2013
I would hate to touch the Hags dirty drawls.
Me either

Charleston, WV

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Yes I agree enuff I wouldn't touch them for $50-60,000 a year.
wondering

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
<quoted text>Dear God, why would anyone work for such a low wage? Is that considered good for Wrong Turn country? Sorting out someone's dirty laundry would be disgusting indeed. Seems like it should pay at least $50-60 thousand per year for even a hillbilly to do that. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
You should not try to put anyone down for working, no matter the wage. I'm sure all of our taxes pay for everything you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do veterans get enough? 15 min TrueSoldier 51
Will anyone take Dr Derakhshan's prescriptions? (Sep '14) 35 min yea 103
Tom Clark comes out! 1 hr Tom Clark 20
josh holbert 1 hr Tom Clark 11
Tom Clark likes??? 1 hr Tom Clark 3
Create your own Forum 2 hr sad Company 787
gwhs 3 hr Alum 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages