Fired Nitro Firefighter Appeals His T...

Fired Nitro Firefighter Appeals His Termination

There are 268 comments on the WCHS story from May 18, 2011, titled Fired Nitro Firefighter Appeals His Termination. In it, WCHS reports that:

A Nitro firefighter who was suspended and then fired is now going after the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS.

Groupie123

United States

#23 Sep 5, 2011
Time2moveon: Specifically - when anything involving the PD, the chief's wife is there inserting her vitreous diatribe. IMHO, the firefighter's girlfriends, live-ins, wives should also have their say. I also agree with Citizen. DC does care about Nitro, and hopefully, he will be elected.

Time2moveon: Perhaps it's time for you to move on. You seem to be full of "old stuff" that's been over and done with for years. But regarding the FD and PD, their "stuff" has been going on for years and years thanks to a do nothing mayor. I do agree with you on one point - the city's employees are the people that keep Nitro running; trash pick-up; fire/police protection, etc. But the abuse the the employees hand to the city is uncalled for. I know you'll ask for specifics, but you know what they are.

DC is out best bet. IF he wins, I hope he will clean house. YOU know what that means.

Casebolt hasn't pitted anyone against anyone. The employees do that all by themselves. If I were the firefighter who got his job back, I'd be very afraid of my co-workers. Remember who is working in the FD. Most of them have anger issues anyway. YOU also know what I mean. Don't ask for specifics.

I agree that this is Nitro - not Chicago. But Nitro has been a wicked little city for ages. Time for a clean up and clean out. Don't you think!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#24 Sep 5, 2011
Groupie I just read your post. I am not going to speak for Time2MoveOn but I have never heard the Police Chiefs wife saying anything about the Nitro Police Department. You may feel Time2MoveOn knows the specifics but I sure don't. Please share them here for us who are not totally in the know.

Also, I didn't find the information provided by Time2MoveOn as "old stuff". the actions of Dave Casebolt, John Young didn't appear to me to be old stuff. In fact raises my concerns about the current Mayors judgement in allowing his appointee to create so much controversy for the city.

You said, "but the abuse the employees hand to the city is uncalled for." You told Time2MoveOn that they knew what they are. But again for those of us not totally in the know what in the world are you talking about?

I have been hearing too much about Dave Casebolt in town recently. And if he is indeed behind much of the controversy right now I for one will work hard against him. This town needs NEW Leadership. Someone without a personal agenda and someone who will put the city before themselves and their personal biases.

Dave Casebolt IMHO is pitting employee's against each other.

Dave Casebolt would be no better than having former Mayor Don Karnes back in office. I hope everyone remembers what a nightmare that was.

Location hidden

#25 Sep 5, 2011
I wish all of you would just stop. Haven't you learned anything from the past.

The bashing of the fine men who work in the Nitro Fire Department is terrible. They have internal conflicts right now with one another and don't need this public airing of their business as it just keeps those feelings hard against one another.

Groupie123 you said if you were the firefighter who got his job back, you'd be very afraid of my co-workers. by asking people to remember who is working in the FD. Most of them have anger issues anyway.

You are right here they all have anger issues including A.J. Shinn. I don't want to put out the specifics of this as it could prove embarrassing for A.J. I only reference so that you all will stop.

I know that focus of much of the comments are about Debbie Jordan's sons that are employed as firefighters in the Nitro FD.

Enough is enough. I guess until you realize that every negative action you put out will come back to you double, this will continue. I for one have learned the hard way and when it is too late you don't get a DoOver.

Location hidden

#26 Sep 5, 2011
DoOver you are very polite. But I think people need to hear about A.J. Shinn and his anger issues.

This man has had many knock down drag out fights with his own father. One particular incident left his arm broke.

If this man will fight and beat down with his own father what do you think he would do with another man.

I don't think he fears the other firefighters. I think they fear him and his irrational explosive behavior.

Location hidden

#27 Sep 5, 2011
I have known A.J. Shinn since high school he has always been a hot head. and the fact about him having physical fights with his father is correct.

and one of the those fights did lead to his arm being broken.

A.J. has never been able to accept an apology from anyone and has never given one. He is incapable of letting things go.

I also can say that he is not fearful of anyone he works with. and I would be willing to bet that he is still up to his tricks and just doing things to aggrivate the situation and just piss other firefighters off.

Location hidden

#28 Sep 6, 2011
Looks like we have a Captain in the Nitro Fire Department who is totally pissed off about being passed over to be appointed as the Fire Department Ex Officio.

Mark Jarrett was appointed over Jeff Elkins who had more time than him. Jeff can't stand that nor can his wife Lorie.

And now it is clear with the actions of tonights council meeting. it appears that council may be in collussion with Jeff Elkins and A.J. Shinn to try and take their personal issues and do something to other employee's in the fire department.

Looks like they may be trying to get rid of one or two captains to make room for A.J. to be promoted to Captain.

more info to come on the councilman who claimed there were going to be major changes in the not only the fire department but the city.

Jeff Elkins is claiming that he is being intimidated in the department. Really Jeff. Why not just put in video cameras with audio in the fire department. but I can tell you it won't be the other fire fighters with an issue with this it would be Jeff Elkins and A.J. Shinn.

let's see what out dimwitted council does now. just remember the fire department is covered by the fire civil service and this could end up costing the city of nitro lots of money if and when they over step.

A committee is to now investigate. Lets see how this committee conducts itself with the department and how impartial they are. we will all be waiting.
OnTime2Move

Culloden, WV

#29 Sep 7, 2011
MikeWC wrote:
DoOver you are very polite. But I think people need to hear about A.J. Shinn and his anger issues.
This man has had many knock down drag out fights with his own father. One particular incident left his arm broke.
If this man will fight and beat down with his own father what do you think he would do with another man.
I don't think he fears the other firefighters. I think they fear him and his irrational explosive behavior.
Some of that irrational explosive behavior goin on at the City Council meeting last night from an on duty fireman but I see no mention of that person. Why is that?

Location hidden

#30 Sep 7, 2011
OnTime2Move hat irrational behavior by an on duty fireman.

Are you talking about Chad Mathes asking, "What Investigation?" of council. And his comment to council that there as no leadership.

Talking about several do nothing captains in the department. I can understand his frustration. hearing about a so called investigation into his department. One that was not made public properly.

I think chief Jordan tried to tell mebers of council that a letter must be sent in order to do this properly. But Nitro Council is not about doing anything properly.

Now we have Captain Jeff Elkins saying he is afraid and intimidated. What world is this man living in. He needs to put a muzzle on that wife of his and stand up and do his job. Anyone at the meeting last night sees who wears the pants in that family.

I don't think the comment by the on duty fireman was irrational or explosive behavior.

We will see where all this goes. I hope the fire chief get's an attorney and puts a final end to this nonsense.
concerned

United States

#31 Sep 8, 2011
Time2MoveOn wrote:
<quoted text>
The only rights that have been violated are those of the Fire Civil Service and not by any firefighter or member but the Nitro City Council Members who stepped in where they did not belong and interject.
Just what right of A.J. Shinn was violated?
His right to be insubordinate?
His right to continually be late for his shifts?
His right to disrespect his fellow firefighters?
His right to park in areas firefighters had already been told were not parking areas?
etc. etc. etc.
A.J. Shinn needs to get over himself. The paper called him a single father. He is no single father - he lives with the mother of his child and her other children.
on a TMZ note - rumor has it (a little mouse told me) he and his wife are pretty chummy with another firefighter and his wife and they like to "swing" and not with their children at the park.
Is this the same little mouse you put in your butt to pleasure yourself while you fantasize about your coworkers?
concerned

United States

#32 Sep 8, 2011
Time2MoveOn wrote:
What is the deal with the two firefighters who have their wives dealing with their employment with the Nitro Fire Department.
I couldn't believe the meeting. This firefighter sat there with his words on his page to read and another firefighters wife standing next to him like a dog owner with a dog on a leash.
did she give him a treat for reading his part.
I can't believe we have 2 firefighters that are bringing their wives into their work business.
But then again, One Captain whose wife is very vocal for this firefighter.. Her husband is a captain and suppose to maintain a neutral position. He has clearly taken a position on a personnel matter - I just wander how this captain treats the other firefighters when they are on duty.
He has clearly taken sides.
I for one think the wives need to get back to the house and be seen and not heard.
they have no place interjecting themselves in the fire house and civil service procedures.
If this firefighter hadn't done anything wrong he never would have been relieved of his duty.
Again, to the wives of these firefighters in the words of a former councilmans wife - "WOMEN SHOULD BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD."
Maybe you should be seen and not heard time2. Do you have anything better to do than post twenty times a day? You have no place interjecting mice into your rear.

Location hidden

#33 Sep 8, 2011
looks like this concerned has a litte to much experience with mice in his rear.

If I were a forensic physchologist I would think that concerned is actually A.J. Shinn or Jeff Elkins or Jeff's wife Lorie.

looks like Time2MoveOn hit a nerve on the above post about A.J. Shinn.

I won't lower myself to the gutter you are in but if that is the best you can do maybe you shouldn't embarrass yourself. Even under a username where you can't be identified.

The argument by those supporting A.J. Shinn has totally been lost if this is what they are now reduced to.
concerned

United States

#34 Sep 8, 2011
MikeWC wrote:
looks like this concerned has a litte to much experience with mice in his rear.
If I were a forensic physchologist I would think that concerned is actually A.J. Shinn or Jeff Elkins or Jeff's wife Lorie.
looks like Time2MoveOn hit a nerve on the above post about A.J. Shinn.
I won't lower myself to the gutter you are in but if that is the best you can do maybe you shouldn't embarrass yourself. Even under a username where you can't be identified.
The argument by those supporting A.J. Shinn has totally been lost if this is what they are now reduced to.
I am not one of the above mentioned people, I have no idea who they even are. I was just reading some of your sexist/slandering posts and thought I would comment. Stick to politics and leave the personal stuff out of it. Or not, I don't care. If I were a "forensic psychologist" I'd say you post under two different names and agree with yourself.

Location hidden

#35 Sep 8, 2011
concerned I agree that people need to stick to the politics and leave the personal stuff out of it.

But that is all that has really been posted on this board is personal stuff.

But people only got mad when it was no longer about Rusty Casto and Debbie Jordan but Dave Casebolt and John Young etc.
Groupie123

Statts Mills, WV

#36 Sep 9, 2011
MikeWC wrote:
Groupie I just read your post. I am not going to speak for Time2MoveOn but I have never heard the Police Chiefs wife saying anything about the Nitro Police Department. You may feel Time2MoveOn knows the specifics but I sure don't. Please share them here for us who are not totally in the know.
Also, I didn't find the information provided by Time2MoveOn as "old stuff". the actions of Dave Casebolt, John Young didn't appear to me to be old stuff. In fact raises my concerns about the current Mayors judgement in allowing his appointee to create so much controversy for the city.
You said, "but the abuse the employees hand to the city is uncalled for." You told Time2MoveOn that they knew what they are. But again for those of us not totally in the know what in the world are you talking about?
I have been hearing too much about Dave Casebolt in town recently. And if he is indeed behind much of the controversy right now I for one will work hard against him. This town needs NEW Leadership. Someone without a personal agenda and someone who will put the city before themselves and their personal biases.
Dave Casebolt IMHO is pitting employee's against each other.
Dave Casebolt would be no better than having former Mayor Don Karnes back in office. I hope everyone remembers what a nightmare that was.
Will you give me an example of how Dave Casebolt is pitting employees against each other?

I've heard nothing about Dave Casebolt that would disturb me. From his actions at city council, I believe he has Nitro's best interests at heart.

I agree that we need new leadership because there isn't any in any department. However, I don't think that is going to happen because of the actions of some key people in Nitro. When it comes election time, some people will stop at nothing to ruin someone else's reputation. Lying and trouble making is just second nature to some Nitro employees. Guess they've had a good teacher. Certain Nitro employees run Nitro. The residents know who those people are. Maybe next year will be the year of change. I really believe the current employees are in trouble and are afraid and don't want change.

Location hidden

#37 Sep 9, 2011
Groupie if you are not disturbed by a current councilman having meetings with other council people at River Valley Properties. If you are not disturbed with a councilman who does not have anything to say about a Treasurer failing to report more than 900,000 to council. If you are not disturbed by that same councilman then attacking the police department because supporting documentation could not be supported at the time of an audit. If you are not disturbed by a councilman who uses his position to get a friend a 20,000 bid for a bucket truck that at the time the city needed one, his friend didn't even own one. If you are not disturbed by a councilman who is posting on this board under an assumed name and calling out city employees incorrectly and telling them, "Don't tempt me". I do not know what to say to you.

You said there is no leadership in any department. I disagree with you. A.J. Hill is a very good public works director. Jack Jordan is an excellent police chief. Ernie Hedrick is also a very good Fire Chief. Those are the only department heads in the city.

Is there disention right now in the fire department I think everyone will agree. This all came out of one fireman refusing to take a suspension which he ultimately had to serve before returning to work. Another captain who felt he should have been made an Ex Officio officer in place of another captain. He and his wife were offended. Know there is a little chaos. This will be worked out within the department.

There is no problem in any other department. Not that I am aware of.

You said, "Lying and trouble making is just second nature to come Nitro employees." Who are you talking about?

You then go on to say, "I guess they've had a good teacher." I don't know what you mean here.

You then say, "Certain Nitro employees run Nitro. The residents know who those people are." Of course they do. Each department head runs their department which in turns runs the city. A city only exists for public services. Police, Fire and Trash Pickup.

but for those departments and services there would be no need to be an incorporated city. Then no need for a city council or mayor.

Who do you think should run the city. Everyone knows that a city runs on the backs of the employees.

The mayor sets the tone and oversees the running of the day to day. Council is there to update and pass ordinances and set a budget. If they want to run the city they should put in an application and be a police officer, fire fighter or public works employee.

There are no employees afraid in Nitro. They are now protected employees. They all have civil service protection just like the police and fire.
Myohmy

Hansford, WV

#38 Sep 9, 2011
You all keep asking about this 900,000 surplus on this anonymous board to people who can't answer. Why didnt you ask any questions about "the river valley property meetings" in the council meeting tuesday? Why didn't you ask any questions about the bucket truck debacle? If it wasn't a bunch of crap, you would have brought it up at the council meeting on tuesday night. Don't they have a place on the agenda for public comment and questions? Makes these statements a lot less credible when you won't say them in a public forum! Easy to accuse folks of all sorts of things when you camouflage yourself!
Time2MoveOn wrote:
Groupie if you are not disturbed by a current councilman having meetings with other council people at River Valley Properties. If you are not disturbed with a councilman who does not have anything to say about a Treasurer failing to report more than 900,000 to council. If you are not disturbed by that same councilman then attacking the police department because supporting documentation could not be supported at the time of an audit. If you are not disturbed by a councilman who uses his position to get a friend a 20,000 bid for a bucket truck that at the time the city needed one, his friend didn't even own one. If you are not disturbed by a councilman who is posting on this board under an assumed name and calling out city employees incorrectly and telling them, "Don't tempt me". I do not know what to say to you.
You said there is no leadership in any department. I disagree with you. A.J. Hill is a very good public works director. Jack Jordan is an excellent police chief. Ernie Hedrick is also a very good Fire Chief. Those are the only department heads in the city.
Is there disention right now in the fire department I think everyone will agree. This all came out of one fireman refusing to take a suspension which he ultimately had to serve before returning to work. Another captain who felt he should have been made an Ex Officio officer in place of another captain. He and his wife were offended. Know there is a little chaos. This will be worked out within the department.
There is no problem in any other department. Not that I am aware of.
You said, "Lying and trouble making is just second nature to come Nitro employees." Who are you talking about?
You then go on to say, "I guess they've had a good teacher." I don't know what you mean here.
You then say, "Certain Nitro employees run Nitro. The residents know who those people are." Of course they do. Each department head runs their department which in turns runs the city. A city only exists for public services. Police, Fire and Trash Pickup.
but for those departments and services there would be no need to be an incorporated city. Then no need for a city council or mayor.
Who do you think should run the city. Everyone knows that a city runs on the backs of the employees.
The mayor sets the tone and oversees the running of the day to day. Council is there to update and pass ordinances and set a budget. If they want to run the city they should put in an application and be a police officer, fire fighter or public works employee.
There are no employees afraid in Nitro. They are now protected employees. They all have civil service protection just like the police and fire.
Optimus Prime

United States

#39 Sep 9, 2011
NHS83 wrote:
concerned I agree that people need to stick to the politics and leave the personal stuff out of it.
But that is all that has really been posted on this board is personal stuff.
But people only got mad when it was no longer about Rusty Casto and Debbie Jordan but Dave Casebolt and John Young etc.
NHS83 et all
Heed my words citizens of Nitro, WV, USA: Two wrongs do not equal one right. My planet was destroyed by the same acts of corruption and nepotism that I see happening in your small town. Only now, that Megatron is defeated and your planet is safe can I post on a public forum under my true identity. Yes NHS83, it is true that when the corruption of Nitro, WV, USA's current ruling regime was addressed, the ruling families and their few desperate supporters became upset with the threat to their meager positions of power. And now, that the winds of change howl in their ears, these same parasitic fondelers of taxpayer money turn to the only tactics they have ever known: lies and threats.
Bumblebee

Hansford, WV

#40 Sep 9, 2011
Optimus, I may have sharted a little as i fell out of my chair when I read this post! This is superb!please don't stop posting!
Optimus Prime wrote:
<quoted text>
NHS83 et all
Heed my words citizens of Nitro, WV, USA: Two wrongs do not equal one right. My planet was destroyed by the same acts of corruption and nepotism that I see happening in your small town. Only now, that Megatron is defeated and your planet is safe can I post on a public forum under my true identity. Yes NHS83, it is true that when the corruption of Nitro, WV, USA's current ruling regime was addressed, the ruling families and their few desperate supporters became upset with the threat to their meager positions of power. And now, that the winds of change howl in their ears, these same parasitic fondelers of taxpayer money turn to the only tactics they have ever known: lies and threats.

Location hidden

#41 Sep 9, 2011
MyOhMy why should I have to attend a public meeting and stand up only to be attacked. In fact it is up to the people elected to get the answers to these questions.

I hope that there has been an Ethics Complaint filed as was said in previous posts. This would mean a real investigation would take place.

I just posted a moment ago about thinking before posting remembering that we are all one community but in the face of ignorance like yours that will not be easy.

Location hidden

#42 Sep 9, 2011
Optimus Prime wrote:
<quoted text>
NHS83 et all
One problem Optimus may be your lack of education. You say your planet was destroyed by the same acts of corruption and nepotism that I see happening in your small town.

Just one problem we need to know what corruption you speak of? Please enlighten us mere mortals. And as for nepotism that would mean that there was one individual who gave jobs to their family. But that never happened in our community. We have a police chief. He was appointed by the Mayor. But he wasn't always chief - he was a captain in the Nitro PD. He had no pull or sway. His brother in law was already a firefighter in the Nitro FD. Then his step sons whose grandfather, father and uncle were fighfighters took the civil service test and then passed a physical endurance test to become firefighters for the Nitro FD. No nepotism here so far. Then Jack Jordan was appointed by the Mayor as Chief. Severa years ago mayor casto asked Debbie Jordan to step in an run the pool. She did an excellent job and he asked her to stay on full time. To this point she had been volunteering her time to the city to put on events. This was the point she began being paid. Still no nepotism.

Perhaps optimus you can enlighten us all with the nepotism, because I don't see any. also I see none of this corruption you speak.

some more quotable quotes by you prime:

"In war, there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith, days when our allies turn against us."

"You who are without mercy now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff."

"One shall stand, one shall fall."

"What your leaders say is true. This was all my fault. I told them whom to trust. I was so wrong."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Prostitute in Charleston 32 min Hardboi86 1
Protesters coming tomorrow 1 hr Trainy Wrek 61
But that's in the Old Testament bla bla bla 1 hr Another Damn Liberal 402
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Missy 4,200
Jalil Myers - Another Dead Thug 3 hr Just sayin 68
Tom Clark doing drag as Paula Dean 3 hr Debbie 4
Noelle tony (fb name) Stephanie is her name 4 hr Bobbybrown 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance