Confused

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I just received a check via FedEx for a car I have for sell on CL. The check is for $3500 and in suppose to western union $2000 to a guy in Texas so he can come pick up the car. Sell price on car was $1500. I called citi bank where the check was issued from but they couldn't tell me if it was good or not. Is there not a agency I can contact to see if this is a scam or not?
shelly

Charleston, WV

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Confused wrote:
I just received a check via FedEx for a car I have for sell on CL. The check is for $3500 and in suppose to western union $2000 to a guy in Texas so he can come pick up the car. Sell price on car was $1500. I called citi bank where the check was issued from but they couldn't tell me if it was good or not. Is there not a agency I can contact to see if this is a scam or not?
Sounds like a scam to me.
Confused

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 11, 2013
shelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a scam to me.
,, yes does to me also. I don't know who to contact about it. I'm sure it's illegal!
Bank

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 11, 2013
take it to your bank. Ask them to check the funds on the account and if it is a legit check. If it is certified, they most likely can look it up. I am sure if they call Citi bank, they will get an answer.
1 post removed
hmmm

Ardsley, NY

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Omg - really ? It's obviously a scam !
1 post removed
scammer

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Jan 12, 2013
they want u to deposit the check, it'll 2days or so for check to clear by then you've already sent the $2000 then you will be stuck with paying back the whole amount. do not do it!!!!!
Confused

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Thank you scammer, not sure you are the one I need to take advice from!! Lol
wrong

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 12, 2013
contact the WV State Attorney General's office and report it
1 post removed
WVchick

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Actually Confused, Scammer is right, that is EXACTLY what they are doing. you deposit the check and then wire them 2000. They have cash and you are waiting for a check to "clear" the bank, which it never does and then you find out you owe them all that money back!! This is a reason a lot of banks will only release a certain amount of money to your account when you deposit a check of any kind any more.
Confused

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Thx chic, I'm not so dumb to sent them money before check cleared but you are right, they txt me and told me to wire the money they promised check was good and I wouldn't lose anything,, lol. I told them I knew I wasn't !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 1 hr The Axe Man 143
Lock Her up 2 hr honest 12
Hate Trumps Hillary 2 hr honest 3
Nautilus in kanawha city? 5 hr tonto 2
Im with HER and it aint NANCY 7 hr Twinky 10
Social Security Checks 9 hr Working Man 1
Trump leads Clinton new poll 9 hr banged ur mommie 39

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance