why does people say halloween is a de...

WHY DOES PEOPLE SAY HALLOWEEN IS A DEVIL HOLIDAY?

Created by JUST SAYING on Jul 28, 2013

10 votes

Click on an option to vote

BECAUSE THEY ARE DUMB

I LOVE HALLOWEEN

NO, I HATE HALLOWEEN

I LOVE THE FALL/HALLOWEEN SO MUCH , SCREW PEOPLE

HALLOWEEN IS MY TOP FAVORITE

Opposed

Charleston, WV

#1 Jul 29, 2013
Okay, please. I understand the need to add dialect to conversation, but must one show ignorance in noun/verb tense just to make a point? I am not a grammar Nazi, but damn, we do try to have a common language and the basics of this language are taught by the sixth grade.
1 post removed
Bugs Bunny

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jul 29, 2013
Opposed wrote:
Okay, please. I understand the need to add dialect to conversation, but must one show ignorance in noun/verb tense just to make a point? I am not a grammar Nazi, but damn, we do try to have a common language and the basics of this language are taught by the sixth grade.
Opposed! Can you tell me of what accent I am typing this post? Do you think you can actually read a persons dialect? Most people in WV speaks with a southern accent, but you would never know that by reading their post. BB
Bugs Bunny

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jul 29, 2013
And by the way! I, like you also went to the sixth grade.
Opposed

Charleston, WV

#5 Jul 29, 2013
People, although a multiple group, is recognized as singular. It is proper English to use the singular term "do". The dialect comes from the use of verb tenses used by Samuel Clements that is now banned in some schools but commonly used by urban youth.

As I said, I understand the use of common language, but to excuse it to a typing mistake is plain ignorance. A typing mistake is to mistake your's for yours.
2 posts removed
Bugs Bubby

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2013
Opposed wrote:
People, although a multiple group, is recognized as singular. It is proper English to use the singular term "do". The dialect comes from the use of verb tenses used by Samuel Clements that is now banned in some schools but commonly used by urban youth.
As I said, I understand the use of common language, but to excuse it to a typing mistake is plain ignorance. A typing mistake is to mistake your's for yours.
I never mkae typnig mistekses... Wehn I was in the sithh grdae, the studtnets were slef tauhgt, we had no tpye writretrs. But i did gradaute in the top there of my clsas of fuor. I know you read this post with out a problem, so my dialect should score an A+.
XXX

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Jul 29, 2013
Why "does" people?? Learn to write, please!
3 posts removed
Bugs Buddy Bunny

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Jul 29, 2013
XXX wrote:
Why "does" people?? Learn to write, please!
Peeple "does" so other can red it, it's the proper thang to do when you're in the sixth grade wiff a simular dialect. Tehehe
The Truth

Charleston, WV

#14 Jul 29, 2013
Cuz they watched The Crow on Netflix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where did the tatted girl in Walmart go 5 min uh huh 2
Pretty black girl working at Ryans in South Cha... 17 min HUNTINGTON 51
To Many Deer in The Area 1 hr Honestly 75
WVU ranking 1 hr Ben 10
Mexicans 3 hr Honestly 1
campbells creek neighborhood watch 4 hr Howard 29
Bethany schrader/martin (Feb '15) 7 hr Padonk 7
Drama at KC Nautilus 9 hr Wrong 49

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web