May 18, 1987 - WV Televangelist Davy Jo Hissom Killed In Plane Crash

Aug 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston

With a rapidly growing church and television ministry, Charleston pastor Davy Jo Hissom seemed poised to become a national figure in televangelism.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2013
Chuckles

Huntington, WV

#1 Aug 18, 2013
Wasn't he in the cocaine cartel?
lmao

Hurricane, WV

#2 Aug 18, 2013
Uh, no.
Lucifers right hand man

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 18, 2013
Hey Chuckles I knew him and I promise you if there's a heaven and a hell Dave is doing a line of cocaine with the Devil right now.
Chuckles

Huntington, WV

#4 Aug 18, 2013
I always heard he was a scandalous mofo. And a coke head. That's how his "performances" aka sermons were so colorful. He liked to molest girls and boys too.
Chuckles

Huntington, WV

#5 Aug 18, 2013
Probably why his plane "went down"
Lucifers right hand man

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 18, 2013
Yea I heard all sorts of rumors about the boys etc, and I do believe them, but my experience was just cocaine. I used to dabble in it on occasions and I got mine through him. He had a source I couldn't touch. It was the best around. I would buy it off him and every now and then we'd do a line together.

He was one weird dude, but he knew his dope, Had all kinds of people fooled, sort of like that Flippo dude from Nitro.
1 post removed
Chuckles

Huntington, WV

#8 Aug 18, 2013
Lucifers right hand man wrote:
Yea I heard all sorts of rumors about the boys etc, and I do believe them, but my experience was just cocaine. I used to dabble in it on occasions and I got mine through him. He had a source I couldn't touch. It was the best around. I would buy it off him and every now and then we'd do a line together.

He was one weird dude, but he knew his dope, Had all kinds of people fooled, sort of like that Flippo dude from Nitro.
It was all rumor for me, used to be involved in the powder myself and my sources were quite reliable. Never saw it, just heard about it. Quite scary that these types of people are running the churches as "men of God" lol
hypocrites

Waynesboro, VA

#9 Aug 18, 2013
The pastor and a lot of the congregation at lighthouse on the west side are just as bad... pill heads!
truth

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 19, 2013
These churches are businesses. No more no less. Look at all the big churches on the corridor now. Why should anyone be surprised to hear of scandals involving them. I think they are even tax exempt?!?! It's crazy that so many drones just sign over money to them...to be a "member", lol what a joke.
yep

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Aug 19, 2013
truth wrote:
These churches are businesses. No more no less. Look at all the big churches on the corridor now. Why should anyone be surprised to hear of scandals involving them. I think they are even tax exempt?!?! It's crazy that so many drones just sign over money to them...to be a "member", lol what a joke.
agreed
Pulpit Man

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 19, 2013
There's so much money to be made in the drug world and church world it boggles the mind. Those two go hand in hand sometimes.

I swear that I know drug dealers who have more scrupples and morals than preachers. it's utterly amazing how naieve some people are.

I actually picked up and gave a preacher a ride to church services one sundy about tghree years ago and we both got high on the way there.

He asked me to ome inside to hear him preach, but I went to shoneys instead and ate.

true story.

We still get high together and he rakes in almost 75,000 or more a year.

A lot of it is cash so who really knows
Pulpit Man

Charleston, WV

#13 Aug 19, 2013
Anybody know who bought his house after he died? I heard it caught on fire not long afterwards and it was tied into Davey the (Snowman..Sniff! Sniff!) and somekind of shady goings on. Even after his death something went on and for the life of me I can't recall.

That was a while ago so my memoery is fuzzy.
ChuckManson

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 19, 2013
I just googled him and came up with articles about his DUI arrest in 1986.
Pulpit Man

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 19, 2013
Can you imagine how many people got up, put on their sunday best, got the kids all cleaned up and looking sharp, then jumped in the Sedan to go listen to him preach a fire and brimstone service on the evils of drugs and premaritial sex. Then they reached deep into their wallets and handed him money so he could go buy some cocaine and other drugs?

Happened every sunday and wednesday. He and I split an eight ball once and he asked me to go ahead and give him the money for it and he would pay me back my part after the sunday service.

Yes he paid me back, but not until the till was full. Unbelievable, but true!

Sad part is this goes on still today, but so many people are blinded by their ego to realize it.
inquiring mind

Charleston, WV

#16 Aug 19, 2013
ChuckManson wrote:
I just googled him and came up with articles about his DUI arrest in 1986.
I can't find anything like that, please post a link those articles...
truth

Alexandria, VA

#17 Aug 19, 2013
Pulpit Man wrote:
Can you imagine how many people got up, put on their sunday best, got the kids all cleaned up and looking sharp, then jumped in the Sedan to go listen to him preach a fire and brimstone service on the evils of drugs and premaritial sex. Then they reached deep into their wallets and handed him money so he could go buy some cocaine and other drugs?

Happened every sunday and wednesday. He and I split an eight ball once and he asked me to go ahead and give him the money for it and he would pay me back my part after the sunday service.

Yes he paid me back, but not until the till was full. Unbelievable, but true!

Sad part is this goes on still today, but so many people are blinded by their ego to realize it.
I look at the church members...how weak and pathetic they all must be to buy into this sham....every Sunday, the lots are full. I'm not saying they are all bad but money is definitely the root of it all. Go to a church a few weeks...then see if they don't start inquiring what you make each year and how much you could contribute...all in the name of "Gauddddd"...it's pathetic, the oldest profession...guilt people into writing checks!!
1 post removed
Bob

Charleston, WV

#19 Aug 22, 2013
You poor pitiful souls. Making false accusations about the dead. Your trying to be cute, Vengeance is mine saith the Lord; Offend one my little ones it would be easier to tie a milestone around your neck and cast yourself in the depths of the sea. For the record, he will not be able to produce a link about Davy getting arrested for DUI, it didn't happen. After Davey's salvation experience, he got high, on the Holy Spirit. Something you need to experience. Where do you stand with God? Elaborate about your false claims of Lighthouse church please.
access1

Charleston, WV

#20 Aug 31, 2013
Bob wrote:
You poor pitiful souls. Making false accusations about the dead. Your trying to be cute, Vengeance is mine saith the Lord; Offend one my little ones it would be easier to tie a milestone around your neck and cast yourself in the depths of the sea. For the record, he will not be able to produce a link about Davy getting arrested for DUI, it didn't happen. After Davey's salvation experience, he got high, on the Holy Spirit. Something you need to experience. Where do you stand with God? Elaborate about your false claims of Lighthouse church please.
Thank You Bob ..Words of Wisdom

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Wilson Davis 13 min get a life 1
Message for all religious hatermongers 25 min Roadhog 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 39 min Dalai Lama 57,064
The Belvedere Apartments_1506 East Virginia Street 3 hr Tenant 4
Mr. Right? Scott Spencer 3 hr Sohot79 1
Chicken wing challenge 3 hr hot 1
Dear Natalie Tennant 3 hr You Lose 2
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••