First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dawn

Lexington, KY

#1 Jul 22, 2014
does anyone know if we get our money back ?
pissed

Charleston, WV

#2 Jul 23, 2014
Unlikely, but contact the attorney General to at least try.
Dawn

Lexington, KY

#3 Jul 23, 2014
thank u pissed ! I have a feeling they have created a problem for themselves !
Betty

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 23, 2014
They have a strict no refund policy. Also, I think it's a dirty shame that only $2 and some change from each registration is going to the charity for cancer research.
Ridiculous

Charleston, WV

#5 Jul 23, 2014
It is ridiculous that they will not refund our money. This was the first year I was doing it. It seems very fradulent to me. Seems as though the Attorney General could force them to give us back our money. I bet there will be claims file with the Attorney General's office. And yes, only $2 of the registration fee for research. If only I had known before.:(
I bet that company will not be doing anything here in the future.
already

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jul 23, 2014
Ridiculous wrote:
It is ridiculous that they will not refund our money. This was the first year I was doing it. It seems very fradulent to me. Seems as though the Attorney General could force them to give us back our money. I bet there will be claims file with the Attorney General's office. And yes, only $2 of the registration fee for research. If only I had known before.:(
Already a lawsuit liked
already

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jul 23, 2014
already wrote:
<quoted text>Already a lawsuit liked
Filed
ZIPLOC

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 23, 2014
kool
VicSprouse da BrickHouse

Charleston, WV

#9 Jul 23, 2014
Who wanted to see a bunch if old fat muddy ladies waddling around the neighborhood anyways? I for one say the cancelation is a win/win.
Clueless

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 23, 2014
Eventbrite had no idea this was happening.
LowDownDirty

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2014
What a group of crooks! They make $200k, event gets cancelled because they don't want to pay the transportation company and then they refuse to issues refunds. FOR PEOPLE SUPPORTING A BREAST CANCER CHARITY!

Why not go to the children's hospital and kick all the crutches out from underneath the crippled children.

What a SCAM!!!
I stopped giving

Charleston, WV

#12 Jul 24, 2014
@LowDownDirty

I agree with you but I have learned over the years that most charities are a scam. And when I say all I mean all. I stopped contributing to charities at least ten years ago. Used to give to a lo, but if you take the time to read and study you'll see they're all a scam. I now just help individuals and their families personally. Buy food for them or help ith this bill or maybe even buy tires for their automobile, but to just write a check and send to John Doe I can't do.
great

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jul 24, 2014
They will give the money back. Watch and see
truth

Van, WV

#14 Jul 24, 2014
organizations just have to say the words breast cancer and women melt, drool, go stupid and want so bad to jump on the band wagon that they loose common sense. send donations to organizations and stop worrying about whether anyone sees you and thinks your involved. stop being a hanger on. oh, and the class action suit will see the attorneys get their money and you won't get squat.
nope

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jul 24, 2014
truth wrote:
organizations just have to say the words breast cancer and women melt, drool, go stupid and want so bad to jump on the band wagon that they loose common sense. send donations to organizations and stop worrying about whether anyone sees you and thinks your involved. stop being a hanger on. oh, and the class action suit will see the attorneys get their money and you won't get squat.
Your wrong. The attorneys are donating the money. You're wrong
ingtone

Van, WV

#16 Jul 24, 2014
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post the link to where you read that the attorneys are doing this for free. Thanks
law suit

Charleston, WV

#17 Jul 24, 2014
ingtone wrote:
<quoted text>Please post the link to where you read that the attorneys are doing this for free. Thanks
It is on their Twitter account.@wvlawyers
law suit

Charleston, WV

#18 Jul 24, 2014
Ridiculous wrote:
You should read terms and conditions in the future and save yourself the headache.
anywho

Charleston, WV

#19 Jul 24, 2014
law suit wrote:
<quoted text>You should read terms and conditions in the future and save yourself the headache.
U should stuff ur face with some more horse dick so we don't have to hear u talk.
worm

Van, WV

#20 Jul 25, 2014
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why the local newspapers and TV stations haven't covered this? Attorneys working for free is big news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do veterans get enough? 4 min Joe 35
gwhs 30 min ThatDaddy 34
Clay Nease 37 min Wilma 82
Is the Dead Zone for charity this year? 50 min Weeeee 19
Reasons the Haunted Barn changed their name to ... 54 min Googled 20
Jon Paul Clemments is a snitch (Dec '13) 57 min Ya boy 12
Carp Tom Clark 1 hr Michelle St James 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages