cew

Bluefield, WV

#1 Oct 17, 2013

I drew $2.25 less social security in 2013 than in 2012. My social security raise did not cover the cost of my insurance ,Medicare B,D, or my supplement, which mean I didn't get a cost of living for 2013.
Did you ?
What is Washington doing with our money? This has nothing to do with the budget.
Social Security

Bluefield, WV

#2 Oct 17, 2013
cew wrote:
I drew $2.25 a month less social security in 2013 than in 2012. My social security raise did not cover the cost of my insurance ,Medicare B,D, or my supplement, which mean I didn't get a cost of living for 2013.
Did you ?
What is Washington doing with our money? This has nothing to do with the budget.
$2.25 a month less in2013
Lloyd

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 17, 2013
Obama is using it to build himself a museum of his presidency. You should be happy to contribute.
Jobe Iden

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 17, 2013
Michelle bought seeds for the garden with it. I am sure if you ask she will invite you to dinner.
AeIoU

Faber, VA

#5 Oct 17, 2013
They ask a legit question, you bunch of idiots!
Mskamish

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 18, 2013
They are providing YOUR Social Security money to those that are "disabled". To me, there is a difference between being disabled from working and being "enabled" by the government. Drunks, and drug addicts and those that are "too nervous" to work all day, but can sit at a computer and play God on Topix....well they can get a job like the rest of us.
Travis

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 18, 2013
Mskamish wrote:
They are providing YOUR Social Security money to those that are "disabled". To me, there is a difference between being disabled from working and being "enabled" by the government. Drunks, and drug addicts and those that are "too nervous" to work all day, but can sit at a computer and play God on Topix....well they can get a job like the rest of us.
Why would we want to do that when the govt. will just send us a check. You go ahead and work and I will go fishing. You are stupid to work when you can sit back and draw a check. The govt. gives it to you. Thank you democrats for my check. Ride on!!!!!
SAddened

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 18, 2013
Travis wrote:
<quoted text>Why would we want to do that when the govt. will just send us a check. You go ahead and work and I will go fishing. You are stupid to work when you can sit back and draw a check. The govt. gives it to you. Thank you democrats for my check. Ride on!!!!!
Because people who sit out and ride the system...have a very limited quality of life...and I want more for myself. They have limited ability to interact with others, forming a coherent sentence, writing a letter. ect. They can't or won't focus on education or homework with their children, if they are raising them and they aren't in Foster care and forget helping them to prepare for college. Afterall, someone has to help them fill out THEIR paperwork in the FUTRE, including the Administration Office at Social Security! So enjoy your fishing...if that's all you have to do, you are a prime example of what's wrong with the world today.
SAddened

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 18, 2013
"future"
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Oct 18, 2013
cew wrote:
I drew $2.25 less social security in 2013 than in 2012. My social security raise did not cover the cost of my insurance ,Medicare B,D, or my supplement, which mean I didn't get a cost of living for 2013.
Did you ?
Unless there is an expert on the subject, you are not going to get an educated answer on this thread. Sory I could not help you.
Mindyerbusiness

Nitro, WV

#11 Oct 18, 2013
Some people are in need of help. Others are slackers that are taking money which should really be going to someone who deserves it. They are low lifes. it's not up to me to decide who is who. they will deal with their God.
You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. That means, if you're bothered by welfare cheats etc. go after them, but don't shut down a whole system and deprive everyone of everything. Don't shut down a government. don't destroy a president. just fix the damn problem. and move on.
Overall, I think these bums and their drain on society, are small compared to the billions wasted in corporate welfare, subsidies, tax scams and outright fraud and deceit perpetrated by the wealthier segment. People seem clueless about this. Getting paid not to grow food or drill for oil, does not create jobs.
It's not just the poor who exploit the government. Rich or poor, It all needs to stop.
simple question

Nitro, WV

#12 Oct 18, 2013
To answer the original post, your social security raise is based on the cost of living index. If it goes up, you get a raise. if it goes down, you do not. It is automatic. There is nothing political about it.
Wilma

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Oct 18, 2013
Mindyerbusiness wrote:
Some people are in need of help. Others are slackers that are taking money which should really be going to someone who deserves it. They are low lifes. it's not up to me to decide who is who. they will deal with their God.
You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. That means, if you're bothered by welfare cheats etc. go after them, but don't shut down a whole system and deprive everyone of everything. Don't shut down a government. don't destroy a president. just fix the damn problem. and move on.
Overall, I think these bums and their drain on society, are small compared to the billions wasted in corporate welfare, subsidies, tax scams and outright fraud and deceit perpetrated by the wealthier segment. People seem clueless about this. Getting paid not to grow food or drill for oil, does not create jobs.
It's not just the poor who exploit the government. Rich or poor, It all needs to stop.
So sad! You want to borrow my pistol to off yourself. You will have to buy your own shell my welfare check hasn't gotten here yet.
Mary

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Oct 18, 2013
simple question wrote:
To answer the original post, your social security raise is based on the cost of living index. If it goes up, you get a raise. if it goes down, you do not. It is automatic. There is nothing political about it.
I have some crayons. Want to draw them a picture?? They are the ones who voted Obama into office.
Mary

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Oct 18, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Unless there is an expert on the subject, you are not going to get an educated answer on this thread. Sory I could not help you.
You know, if I had a Social Security Question I think I would ask it down at the DMV. DUH???? Where the hell do these people come from???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Prostitute in Charleston 32 min Hardboi86 1
Protesters coming tomorrow 1 hr Trainy Wrek 61
But that's in the Old Testament bla bla bla 1 hr Another Damn Liberal 402
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Missy 4,200
Jalil Myers - Another Dead Thug 3 hr Just sayin 68
Tom Clark doing drag as Paula Dean 3 hr Debbie 4
Noelle tony (fb name) Stephanie is her name 4 hr Bobbybrown 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance