Judge Robert Montgomery
yep

Portage, MI

#23 Apr 17, 2014
MAD wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me it would not help. Judges and lawyers get a slap on the wrist if anything happens to them at all.
I have had three lawyers tell me to get away from Judge Montgomery (one was my lawyer who got to see that he was biased against me firsthand).
. Just maybe it all shouldn't be in your favor since the kids have a Father also?
yep

Portage, MI

#24 Apr 17, 2014
I agree wrote:
I have judge Montgomery and he told me my sons father only had to pay 50 dollars a month because I made more than him. He also did not care that my son then five was scared to go to his house because he was being beat and abused. I told the judge this and he still made my son go with this low life. He also let him file a false dvp on me and it caused me to have to quit school also but I went and proved this man was lying and my court appointed lawyer from legal aid got this straight. Judge Montgomery hates women and is all for the fathers no matter what. He needs to be removed asap. who keeps putting this pinhead in as a family court judge. I love judge Kelly he will tell the dad you cant afford that payment get two or three jobs. I hate Montgomery and Karma is a bitch his day is coming or it may already be here.
oh I see since he believes fathers also have rights unlike judge Kelly then he should be removed? You woman need to grow up and realize your children have 2 parents not just you.
1 post removed
MAD

Huntington, WV

#26 Apr 19, 2014
Disgusted wrote:
I wish both men and women learned what birth control was. Quit making babies cause your too lazy to take care of yourselves. No one wants to hear how bad the other parent was. Wasn't too bad for you to have sex with and make children together. Learn to work things out and stop embarrassing yourselves and the poor children.
Have you ever heard of a SOCIOPATH? They manipulate and trick people. Do you think I would have married my ex if I would have known what he was capable of? The bottom line is, Judge Montgomery has a track record of being biased against women. I'm certain that he is aware of the content of the parenting classes, and the statistics of domestic abuse, and men are the most likely offenders. However, he is obviously ignoring everything because of a personal issue that he has against women.
yep

United States

#27 Apr 19, 2014
MAD wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the other complaints??? Judge Montgomery HATES women, and that is NOT fair. Fathers should have rights, but so should mothers and children. My ex was allowed to continue abusing me in the courtroom and that is wrong. I told Montgomery that it was a smear campaign, and litigation abuse, but it did not matter. My children were ripped out of my arms, and I could not see or speak to them for years because he was allowed to relocate them to another state without my permission. My children did not want to be taken away from me, and I couldn't sleep or eat because I was so distressed. I could not complete nursing school because I was so upset, and it went on for years because Montgomery consistently ruled in favor of my ex-husband. How is that fair?
well I don't know what he has against you but I know for a fact for many woman he is to good too when he shouldn't be. So its not that he hates women ,many could tell you otherwise.
yep

United States

#28 Apr 19, 2014
Judge Kelly is retiring yayyyy but the woman who wants his job is the same prosecutior that's suing Topix because somebody wrote something about her and hurt her feelings....
yep

United States

#29 Apr 19, 2014
Been there

Charleston, WV

#30 Apr 21, 2014
I have had Judge Mongomery for years much to my dismay. I have always felt he didn't like women. My ex went years without paying child support to the tune of owing $65,000 in arrears when my last child turned 18 years old. I could never ever get Child Support Enforcement Office to work with me and get me a hearing. Finally I got nasty and basically told Montgomery that I was going to file a complaint with the Supreme Court against him. That got him kicking and he finally made my ex start paying. He will continue hearings and not inform you. Which is so rude because you take off work and go to the trouble to attend a hearing. I would love to vote him out of his postion. But noone else ever runs against him. Money owed to me is arrears so I figure if and when my kids stops paying and since my kids are grown I am out of the system so to speak. And that secretary in his office NASTY. She doesn't realize her pay check is paid by taxpayers.
good parents

Acme, PA

#31 Apr 24, 2014
wow really wrote:
people need to go to the complaint board and if he gets enough complaints maybe he can get put out of there.
he took our child when all fake charges were dropped by state and gave child to the dirty old woman that filed them our child. we have
spent more money than we had and still don't have our child back he is no better than judge Kelly. It has been over a year now and we go to court every other month to listen to bull from this dirty low down drug dealer old woman and I. A man and have never done drugs in my life so u tell me and my Childs mother is a good mother unlike hers the dirty old woman who I can't wait until she gets caught selling her pain pills then I will wear them all out in the media and in court
MAD

Milton, WV

#32 May 1, 2014
Been there wrote:
I have had Judge Mongomery for years much to my dismay. I have always felt he didn't like women. My ex went years without paying child support to the tune of owing $65,000 in arrears when my last child turned 18 years old. I could never ever get Child Support Enforcement Office to work with me and get me a hearing. Finally I got nasty and basically told Montgomery that I was going to file a complaint with the Supreme Court against him. That got him kicking and he finally made my ex start paying. He will continue hearings and not inform you. Which is so rude because you take off work and go to the trouble to attend a hearing. I would love to vote him out of his postion. But noone else ever runs against him. Money owed to me is arrears so I figure if and when my kids stops paying and since my kids are grown I am out of the system so to speak. And that secretary in his office NASTY. She doesn't realize her pay check is paid by taxpayers.
That is great that you were able to light a fire under Montgomery! My children did not receive arrears payments from their father because of Judge Montgomery.
After my vindictive ex husband dragged me and the children through the mud in court, and proclaimed that I was abusive, he abandoned them. For two years I was AFRAID to go back before Judge Montgomery for child support. I was AFRAID he would send my children back with the evil ex husband. Plus, I was advised by three lawyers to stay away from Judge Montgomery.
When I did go back to court for child support, since I did not have money because my chance at nursing school was ruined, Judge Montgomery continued to rule in favor of "him". Judge Montgomery did not say anything to him about abandoning the children for two years or paying arrears - even though the facts were obvious- no case could be less ambiguous. Judge Montgomery began questioning ME about whether I had " SERVED HIM CORRECTLY". The ex abandoned the children, and did not pay child support even though he said that had been working, and Judge Montgomery turned everything around to make ME appear to be in the wrong!( I had served him correctly, and I had a certificate of service to prove it. Besides, the ex was in the courtroom...duh.)
That is just one example of how Judge Montgomery has handled my case. He always flips things around to make me appear to be the "bad parent" or flat out believes whatever rubbish my ex husband tells him.
He would not allow me to change venue (again) either because the (scumbag) ex said, "I like it here".
Anyone who thinks that Judge Montgomery is fair, explain how this is justice. It is the truth and on the record in THE FAMILY COURT OF KANAWHA COUNTY. I cannot believe what my children and I have gone through just because Judge Montgomery hates women. Something needs to be done about Judge Montgomery!
citizen

Rainham, UK

#33 May 1, 2014
Robert Montgomery was my judge in my divorce (I am a woman) & I found him extremely fair. My ex husband was furious walking out of there with his child support order. But I also presented a reasonable case (I represented myself). I wasn't asking for anything beyond court determined child support. I had documentation for child care expenses, insurance coverage, etc. I told him I did not feel my ex owed me a living, I could take care of myself...I only wanted what was fair to my children. My ex was visibly pissed when he gave the amount, said he didn't agree to that at all ($400 a month for 2 kids...it was to the formula as I made more than he did). Montgomery completely ignored him & politely asked if I felt it was fair or if I felt I needed more. Noting about him gave me any indication he hates women at all.
MAD

Milton, WV

#34 May 1, 2014
citizen wrote:
Robert Montgomery was my judge in my divorce (I am a woman) & I found him extremely fair. My ex husband was furious walking out of there with his child support order. But I also presented a reasonable case (I represented myself). I wasn't asking for anything beyond court determined child support. I had documentation for child care expenses, insurance coverage, etc. I told him I did not feel my ex owed me a living, I could take care of myself...I only wanted what was fair to my children. My ex was visibly pissed when he gave the amount, said he didn't agree to that at all ($400 a month for 2 kids...it was to the formula as I made more than he did). Montgomery completely ignored him & politely asked if I felt it was fair or if I felt I needed more. Noting about him gave me any indication he hates women at all.
Did Judge Montgomery have his secretary write this? Many women have not had such a "lovely" experience with him.
citizen

Rainham, UK

#35 May 1, 2014
No, not at all. Although she was polite as well, but honestly I can't even remember her name. I've known severa people who've had him & felt he was fair. I can't recall anyone complaining about him, actually. I don't personally know him & can't vouch for his character, I can only say what my experience has been & what I've been told by others.
I do know that family courts were once heavily weighted towards the mother, but that is no longer the case. The law considers both parents have equal footing, financially & with decisions. I do know some women (not saying it applies to any of these cases) were pretty surprised when judges didn't just do as they asked & when the father has been given equal authority--by judges who previously ruled heavily for mothers. Times are changing. Dads aren't just providers & moms aren't the sole caregiver for the children. I know women who've been told they'll need to get a job for the first time in years, if she wants the house & the car, she'll have to pay for them & they didn't think that was fair. Again, don't know if that's the case in any discussed on here, but it is in many.
citizen

Rainham, UK

#36 May 1, 2014
Been there wrote:
I'm confused by the post. BCSE & a judge are completely separate. Contempt charges must be filed to get a hearing, either by you or BCSE. The judge can't just schedule a hearing. If BCSE drug their feet on filing, that's not under his control. One thing to note that I think many don't realize, although it's clearly stated on all documents: the BCSE does NOT represent you, they represent the state of WV. They do provide a free service to help parents correct child support, but obviously they'll devote the bulk of their time to cases where the state has paid benefits on behalf of a child. The BCSE will work to get reimbursement for the state (much of arrears will go to the state, not the mother) & hopefully obtain regular child support payments to hopefully get that child off their benefits.

Btw...statute of limitations on child support is 10 years. You don't need the "system" to file.
MAD

Milton, WV

#37 May 1, 2014
citizen wrote:
No, not at all. Although she was polite as well, but honestly I can't even remember her name. I've known severa people who've had him & felt he was fair. I can't recall anyone complaining about him, actually. I don't personally know him & can't vouch for his character, I can only say what my experience has been & what I've been told by others.
I do know that family courts were once heavily weighted towards the mother, but that is no longer the case. The law considers both parents have equal footing, financially & with decisions. I do know some women (not saying it applies to any of these cases) were pretty surprised when judges didn't just do as they asked & when the father has been given equal authority--by judges who previously ruled heavily for mothers. Times are changing. Dads aren't just providers & moms aren't the sole caregiver for the children. I know women who've been told they'll need to get a job for the first time in years, if she wants the house & the car, she'll have to pay for them & they didn't think that was fair. Again, don't know if that's the case in any discussed on here, but it is in many.
No, that is not the case that being discussed here. It is Judge Montgomery's blatant disregard for mother's and their children's rights. And how he purposely manipulates matters in the courtroom to be in favor of men. Most of whom are extremely abusive. Women who are already mangled by years of abuse do not deserve to be re-victimized by a judge who hates women.
MAD

Milton, WV

#38 May 1, 2014
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused by the post. BCSE & a judge are completely separate. Contempt charges must be filed to get a hearing, either by you or BCSE. The judge can't just schedule a hearing. If BCSE drug their feet on filing, that's not under his control. One thing to note that I think many don't realize, although it's clearly stated on all documents: the BCSE does NOT represent you, they represent the state of WV. They do provide a free service to help parents correct child support, but obviously they'll devote the bulk of their time to cases where the state has paid benefits on behalf of a child. The BCSE will work to get reimbursement for the state (much of arrears will go to the state, not the mother) & hopefully obtain regular child support payments to hopefully get that child off their benefits.
Btw...statute of limitations on child support is 10 years. You don't need the "system" to file.
It is clear that you're familiar with the law. It is not right that you would enter into this discussion to undermine these women's complaints. Many women believe, like me, that our cases would be handled fairly and without prejudice. However, that is not the case in Judge Montgomery's courtroom. My children and I did not have a chance because he made sure that my ex husband had dominion over us.
citizen

Rainham, UK

#39 May 2, 2014
I'm a secretary by profession. I have no degree, only a high school diploma. I'm only "familiar" with the process because I edUcated myself on it, as everyone should do. It's really available online. What's NOT helpful to women is encouraging them to "expect" any government to care about their problems or expect it to adapt to their definition of fair. Judges go by the law, not fairness. The law is black & white, cold & indifferent, not emotional or compassionate. Women need to understand the process, understand what is realistic & be prepared for reality so they are not left vulnerable. If you don't understand how things work, then you don't know where and when it's the right time to complain. You waste energy & you're just dismissed as not knowing what you're talking about. Ignorance undermines women in the court system, NOT realistic information. We women must take care of ourselves and not expect a man, a court or a government agency to fix our problems. We need to empower women & prepare them for the harsh reality, not pity and coddle them. That's what makes the difference between a good outcome or being trapped in an unfortunate fate complaining on Topix. Knowledge is power, not hugs.
MAD

Milton, WV

#40 May 2, 2014
citizen wrote:
I'm a secretary by profession. I have no degree, only a high school diploma. I'm only "familiar" with the process because I edUcated myself on it, as everyone should do. It's really available online. What's NOT helpful to women is encouraging them to "expect" any government to care about their problems or expect it to adapt to their definition of fair. Judges go by the law, not fairness. The law is black & white, cold & indifferent, not emotional or compassionate. Women need to understand the process, understand what is realistic & be prepared for reality so they are not left vulnerable. If you don't understand how things work, then you don't know where and when it's the right time to complain. You waste energy & you're just dismissed as not knowing what you're talking about. Ignorance undermines women in the court system, NOT realistic information. We women must take care of ourselves and not expect a man, a court or a government agency to fix our problems. We need to empower women & prepare them for the harsh reality, not pity and coddle them. That's what makes the difference between a good outcome or being trapped in an unfortunate fate complaining on Topix. Knowledge is power, not hugs.
I have educated myself about legal matters, and Judge Montgomery doesn't follow the law. He did not give consideration to my testimony, only the ex husband's. That is wrong. That is not how the law works.That is why there are so many women on here expressing their dissatisfaction because they have experienced his bias as well.

If other women read the posts on here they may be able to do something before it is too late. Before Montgomery allows a high-conflict ex ruin their lives, and consequently their children's lives. THEY NEED TO GET AWAY FROM MONTGOMERY OR FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE JUDICIAL INVESTIGATION COMMISSION OF WEST VIRGINIA. They should NOT accept his biased judgments as the norm like you suggest. It doesn't matter how knowledgeable a woman is if a judge ignores her!

I wish that the posts about Montgomery would have been here years ago. I would have DEMANDED to be appointed another judge. I would have known that my children and I did not have a chance in his courtroom. I am not encouraging women to "expect" a judge to be compassionate or care about their plight. But, there is a real problem when a judge refuses to consider the possible merits of an alternative point of view solely because it is a woman's opinion. The only reason that I am trapped in my unfortunate fate is because Judge Robert Montgomery let a man, with a history of violence and a vindictive agenda, run the show.
hmmmm

Greensburg, PA

#41 May 3, 2014
MAD wrote:
<quoted text>
I have educated myself about legal matters, and Judge Montgomery doesn't follow the law. He did not give consideration to my testimony, only the ex husband's. That is wrong. That is not how the law works.That is why there are so many women on here expressing their dissatisfaction because they have experienced his bias as well.
If other women read the posts on here they may be able to do something before it is too late. Before Montgomery allows a high-conflict ex ruin their lives, and consequently their children's lives. THEY NEED TO GET AWAY FROM MONTGOMERY OR FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE JUDICIAL INVESTIGATION COMMISSION OF WEST VIRGINIA. They should NOT accept his biased judgments as the norm like you suggest. It doesn't matter how knowledgeable a woman is if a judge ignores her!
I wish that the posts about Montgomery would have been here years ago. I would have DEMANDED to be appointed another judge. I would have known that my children and I did not have a chance in his courtroom. I am not encouraging women to "expect" a judge to be compassionate or care about their plight. But, there is a real problem when a judge refuses to consider the possible merits of an alternative point of view solely because it is a woman's opinion. The only reason that I am trapped in my unfortunate fate is because Judge Robert Montgomery let a man, with a history of violence and a vindictive agenda, run the show.
Or perhaps you compromised your credibility. I have found Judge Montgomery to be fair and open to both sides
hes a joke

Charleston, WV

#42 May 3, 2014
Hates women an black men.....only people who have a chance are white men.....good luck
MAD

Milton, WV

#43 May 3, 2014
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps you compromised your credibility. I have found Judge Montgomery to be fair and open to both sides
Hmmmm....I'm not the only woman who thinks he is biased. Maybe you should go back and read all of the posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Is A Russian Informant 9 min southern at heart 19
Ric Flair dead in single car accident (Jun '13) 28 min Tom 96
Richard Leach 3 hr Danielle 2
Poll Do racist people go to heaven? (Jul '13) 3 hr Supporter 79
Matt Harkins 3 hr Will 31
Dont you just love it 4 hr Brenda 13
Knights Inn Shooting 6 hr Tom Clark 18

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance