Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes I too have noticed the WV MYTH that people here are nicer than folks everywhere else. WRONG. I think that at one time you may have had that situation. But poor schools leading to lack of education and the drug addiction has created a sad population indeed. WV people are mainly rude and unfriendly especially if under 50 years of age which goes back to my thought that at one time people in WV may have really been nicer but not today. At least not in the Kanawha Valley or coal fields...
DTWBRC

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Tammi wrote:
Sub Division is in Boone? When? Bull crap! I been through there myself. There is nothing much, living , all you have is trailers and mainly houses down that way.
Subdivision in Kanawha City. Wow lady, please try to learn elementary grammar.
1 post removed
Person

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
Personal property tax laws needs to change for the citizens of West Virginia, the gas tax is the highest in the nation or close to, and politicians who we voted in 25 years ago are still in office. Why do we still vote them in office I cannot understand it. I wish things like having a volunteer or a paid state employee assisting a school bus driver was mandatory, having a nuisance law for people who lets their dogs run loose, having a law that says a person cannot hold a animal in their lap while driving, more bicycle roads for exercising, having a law that would make you clean up around your property when it gets so nasty, and making young students complete high school before dropping out at the age of 16 years old. A GED. Is fine for many, but actually graduating feels a whole lot better. One more thing, take all the deer and sell them to foreign countries because I have hit to many already.
I think people continue to vote them back in for "state recognition." Back when Byrd was still alive, some of my friends were voting for him just to keep his "yearly streak of service" in the Senate going. They were voting for the wrong reasons. Another reason could be that people don't think for themselves. They just vote for who their families vote for.
DTWBRC

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
Stfu and don't worry about others. Boone is an effing dump!
Depends on what part you go to
SouthHills

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Kristie wrote:
I'm just wanting some opinions, I'm thinking of moving there and I would like to know where would be the best place to live. I'm a single mother and I want to be in an area that is a great place to raise a kid and which schools are good around there? I've visited WV before and everyone was nice and polite. It's also a beautiful state and I would love to make it my permanent residence. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You need to locate a place in the South Hills area. There are multiple elementary schools in the area and the High School (GWHS) is the best in the state. Also, there is not nearly as much crime in that area of Charleston. It is within a couple minute drive of the downtown area and the Southridge shopping plaza also.
Jones

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Its a foul, dirty, nasty, backwards, and ugly place. Don't go. I'm biding my time to get out of here. Wished I never accepted that job transfer to W.V.
simon

Alum Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hagatha May wrote:
Possum, I assume by your post you are working class. That said, I would definately bypass Wrong Turn country in search for much greener pastures. The state continually loses population as the economy there is so bad and the opportunities for young pople are virtually nonexistant. Stereotypes do indeed exist for a reason. Hillbillies abound there and are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. We do own a lovely 100 acre estate there for get aways,but we would never consider WV as a place of permanant residency. Many are inbred and simpletons. Most of the "children" ride the "short bus" if you get my drift. Do you and your child a favor and relocate to a modern area of the country where opportunities abound. It surely is not West Virginny. TaTa for Now Lady of Quality ps We have hired many of the locals as domestics and gardners and some have been good. However most are not literate enough for indoor work and serving.
fat ass hag go wolf down a footlong from dq you pig' ppl no you 300 lb porker from gilbert your mom beats the hell out of you and your a shemale and a loser
mark

Alum Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

wv is a nice place to live ive lived in chicago and florida' yes it is stay away from blk areas now other then that its great' theres jobs here most ppl the young ones anyway run to a lawyer to get a lazy ssdi check'but the rest are good ppl here..
simon

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

DTWBRC wrote:
I'm from WV, Boone County to be exact. I now live in Ohio. Kanawha City is a very nice place. If I were to move back to WV, Kanawha City would be my choice. It's very convenient, depending where you go, you can have a very nice home with a decent size yard for a suburban area. Very nice place to live.
hate to tell you but KC is full of darkies now. and we're not talking friendly making ya some chitlins type, I'm talking shiny blue skin ninjas. there's not enough room in South Park and the KC slum lords are eating this up. Making a mint off the state, just like the ninjas.
The Truth

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

WV is full of dorky stinky ass hillbillies except in the cities so yea WV is a terrible place to live at if you don't live in the cities of WV.
blk ken

Alum Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

if your a igger the citys are for you
The Truth

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

I want reparation! I want free stuff. My great great great Grammy was a slave and suffered horribly and want free stuff because of it. Does that get you sweaty? Filthy pigeon headed ninja.
1 post removed
Ursla

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where State did you transfer from???
We bid you farwell as you depart via I-77 or I-64. Your fast departure will make everyone concerned more than happy. You probably came here from Detroit and weren't at all pleased with our Mosque. Tell the Gay Guy Mohammed we say ""Hi"".
someone who knows

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Ursla wrote:
<quoted text> We bid you farwell as you depart via I-77 or I-64. Your fast departure will make everyone concerned more than happy. You probably came here from Detroit and weren't at all pleased with our Mosque. Tell the Gay Guy Mohammed we say ""Hi"".
say goodbye to that ssi check idiot. ur days are numbered
inbred alive and well

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

lived in 3 major sized citys, say goodbye to lots to do, places to eat, and city life. Life here is OK no one in a hurry, it is a Southern State make no mistake, places around coal mines are dirty, and polluted. traffic is ok, Cops have all the latest toys (no expense spared)...lots of piils and meth available. This is a poor state.
Idiots

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Kristie wrote:
Thanks for the input from all of you, I definitely need to do some more research and thinking before I decide what to do. It's seems like I'm hearing more bad than good.
Here is a non biased answer for you. WV is a great place to live as long as you don't live in certain places ie: St. Albans, Sissonville, Alum Creek, Jefferson, Nitro, and Dunbar to name a few. Some great places include, Winfield, Scott Depot, Charleston (downtown and south hills areas) Kanawha City, Hurricane, and basically anywhere in Putnam Co. If you don't have a college degree yes finding work is very difficult, unless you want to work in the mines. The state itself is broke and infrastructure is lacking but there is actually quite a lot of wealthy people around here. Car insurance is high as heck. Cost of living is not. There are NOT inbred people anywhere around Charleston. Maybe deep in the hills where you will never be but not around civilization. If you like outdoors there is an abundance of stuff to do. If you don't like outdoors well, i hope you have NetFlix, TV and Internet. There is plenty of "hillbilles" but i don't know why anyone lets that bother them its no different than having a gay couple next door its just how they want to live life. "Hagatha May" is full of crap she just posts on any topic that she can talk crap about "hillbilles" serious just google her name. She does not have a "100 acre estate" here. Winfield high school in putnam county is the #48 ranked public high school in the country by newsweek magazine but 30 miles away capital high school is one of the worst schools in the nation. All in all WV is not a bad place to live at all if you know where to live in WV.
Luke

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

mark wrote:
wv is a nice place to live ive lived in chicago and florida' yes it is stay away from blk areas now other then that its great' theres jobs here most ppl the young ones anyway run to a lawyer to get a lazy ssdi check'but the rest are good ppl here..
Why should I stay away from black areas and not stay away from people like you? Please answer and tell me why you think you are better than they. Thank you.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
WV is full of dorky stinky ass hillbillies except in the cities so yea WV is a terrible place to live at if you don't live in the cities of WV.
I believe you must be a minority of this 'dorky stinky ass hillbillies' that you speak of. If you were to vacate yourself from WV there would be one less to to polute the State. GOOD BYE STINKY! Not that's the Truth.
Ursla

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
say goodbye to that ssi check idiot. ur days are numbered
As are yours. You justkeep working and I'll do the fishing. Hope you stay in good health. I wouldn't want to miss a check. HAHAHAHAHA!
Ursla

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillys rule!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of93
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did I Spank Him Enough?? 4 min Nate 22
William 5 min lauren 1
Church Lady 5 min Nate 7
Bigotpallooza 8 min WV_Hater 23
Did the Easter Bunny write any gospels? 9 min easter 11
lost dogs in kanawaha city 12 min mista bean 8
Kelly is retiring 12 min team plants 6
I Like Pubic Hair On Women 3 hr TPB 109
•••