Best beer joint in Charleston
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ebc

Saint Albans, WV

#21 May 17, 2012
Charleston Gal wrote:
The Elk River Bar & Grill on Rt. 119 - closer to Mink Shoals (near Knollwood) is a good place to stop and have a beer - the bar overlooks the Elk River - you can sit outside on the deck where they allow you to smoke. Plus, they just opened the "grill" part of the bar and heard the food was OK. Lots of bikers, people all different ages, but no trouble allowed here at all.
Totally agree, this is by far the best bar around. Clean, friendly, good food, and no trouble. Craig and Nola (owners) are 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet! If you're looking for a good bar Elk River Bar and Grill is it!
The whole truth

Charleston, WV

#22 May 17, 2012
You forgot to mention it was a GAY bar!
ebc

Saint Albans, WV

#23 May 17, 2012
I know you're not talking to me...the Elk River Bar and Grill absolutely is not a gay bar, you've obviously never been there...don't listen to ignorant people, if you're looking for a good bar ERB&G is it!
The whole truth

Charleston, WV

#24 May 17, 2012
ebc

excuse me I meant to say Gay and Lesbian. Sorry I wasn't politically correct.

The Elk River Bar and Grill is a Gay and Lesbian bar! I know, I am a gay male and have picked up men in there!
ebc

Saint Albans, WV

#25 May 17, 2012
Just because you say you've picked up a guy there doesn't make it a gay bar....I'm sure all the good ol boys of Elk river and all the bikers that frequent ERB&G would have something to say about that as well...I'm not going to fight with ignorance on topix, I know that ERB&G is the best around and that's all that matters
Charlie

Joplin, MO

#26 Mar 3, 2014
Say is the wagon wheel near cross lanes still open or the old blue moon on the far west side .
Annie Oakley

Dillwyn, VA

#27 Mar 3, 2014
Drinking Beer hinders Gods path.
The Last Warrior Poet

Charleston, WV

#28 Mar 4, 2014
Charlie wrote:
Say is the wagon wheel near cross lanes still open or the old blue moon on the far west side .
. Damn Charlie have. You been in a coma? Both of those places are closed.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30 Mar 5, 2014
Cold brew wrote:
kind of new to area and I like to have a cold one and mingle on occasions so where is the best beer joint around. It can be a dive I don't care I just want a neighborhood type atmosphere with cold beer and maybe a stiff drink.
Beer Joints and Beer Gardens have be relegated to the past. Bars, Clubs, Steakhouses are about all that is left. I have found that a Steakhouse is the safest.
But Jack_ 4Ral

Charleston, WV

#31 Mar 5, 2014
But Jack- 4Ral at a steakhouse you can't shoot pool listen to hank and get into a fight all at the same time. I like that type of atmosphere. When I want a steak I know where to get one, but when I want a cold draft some down home country music and to hit on a dame I go to beer joints.
1 post removed
Warrior is right

Charleston, WV

#33 Mar 6, 2014
Elk River is a gay and lesbain bar not just a guy on guy bar. Chicks look for chicks and men look for Di&#s. Some even dress as bikers to get that macho look going. Sort of nasty if youask me, but hey it's 2014.
One who rides

Dillwyn, VA

#34 Mar 6, 2014
Moose Lodge is the best. What ever happened to the queer boi that turned everyone in for drinking and driving. Did a drunken driver run over him?????Hahahahahaa!
One who rides

Dillwyn, VA

#35 Mar 6, 2014
Warrior is right wrote:
Elk River is a gay and lesbain bar not just a guy on guy bar. Chicks look for chicks and men look for Di&#s. Some even dress as bikers to get that macho look going. Sort of nasty if youask me, but hey it's 2014.
No one ask you. I think I saw you in the back of a car getting pounded in your Kiester. What do we call you????
Thirsty

Export, PA

#36 Mar 6, 2014
Denver's Depot on West Washington St is divey, has pool tables, darts and an awesome jukebox. Great neighborhood vibe there.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#37 Mar 6, 2014
But Jack_ 4Ral wrote:
But Jack- 4Ral at a steakhouse you can't shoot pool listen to hank and get into a fight all at the same time. I like that type of atmosphere. When I want a steak I know where to get one, but when I want a cold draft some down home country music and to hit on a dame I go to beer joints.
Beer Joints or Gardens do not exist in W.Va., you must be from Kentucky. What you are describing is some ones House where you can find that atmosphere and all of it is illegal. Been to some of those in Black Bottom.
TPB

Charleston, WV

#38 Mar 14, 2014
Times past
TPB

Charleston, WV

#39 Mar 14, 2014
Post #38 is not me or anybody who's friends with BlkBarbie and DeeDee. She's a very ugly, broke, lazy, dirty, trashy, jealous, racist, inbred, hillbilly, hillbilly-wigger girl who tries to fit in with everyone and she could never fit in with us or F with us off of topix #Truth :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hooters 1 hr Fran 30
OJ Simpson...Free the Juice... 5 hr Anonymous 28
Old Tom Clark had farm 6 hr Jack Norsworthy 3
CAMC CEO needs to step down 6 hr Float pool nurse 17
But that's in the Old Testament bla bla bla 8 hr Honestly 41
Round mouth Tom Clark 9 hr Ed Reex 19
Tom Clark Halburn Holbert 9 hr Tom Clark 8

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance