Horrible companies to work for
Pastor Mike

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jul 11, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would rather work than sponge off the government.
Please introduce them to me.
pastor mike

Moseley, VA

#24 Jul 11, 2013
quite negative, living off unemployment is no picnic..more money working than not..and unemployment runs out
nothing but problems

Charleston, WV

#25 Jul 11, 2013
Children's Home Society- Davis Child Shelter: treat people that aren't part of the in-group like crap.
Limmuel

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Jul 11, 2013
pastor mike wrote:
quite negative, living off unemployment is no picnic..more money working than not..and unemployment runs out
Maybe so but that cuts into my fishing time. I can do with less. Never have had very much.
Anonymous

Baltimore, MD

#27 Jul 11, 2013
I hated working at Friendly's Restaurant, where I live. I say specifically 'where I live" because depending on where you live and the ones you've been to, you have a different experience then I do. But.... I hated it. The people I worked with were rude, the managers did nothing to inforce rules in the workplace, and I made no money because they would never give me sufficient hours.

One day someone came in and asked for a Sundday, and one of the ice cream guys we had that worked behind the counter made it for her, and while he was making it a banana slice fell on the floor. He stared at it for like, over 30 seconds, then had the ordasity to pick it right back up (ignoring the 5 second rule) and put it right back onto the top of the ice cream as if he JUST hadn't picked it up from the floor. And what was worse?

Everyone in the back saw it and started laughing like it was really funny!

Oh no. I had to get outta that place.
Seriously

United States

#28 Jul 11, 2013
The arc of the three rivers is the worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Lazy peeps suck

Charleston, WV

#29 Jul 11, 2013
I agree Walker Machinery is horrible. There are some there that do nothing more than clock in, disappear and then clock back out 8 hrs later. They are the ones who have been there for 20 yrs, make twice as much as the ones who actually work and are protected by the union. Don't even get me started on upper management and supervisors. They are nothing more than a bunch of circle jerkers. Mismanagement has really turned this company into a playground for lazy, worthless, pieces of
sh!t.
all day every day

Hurricane, WV

#30 Jul 11, 2013
Casci. Casci. And more casci.
Response

United States

#31 Jul 11, 2013
Casci!
Portable

United States

#32 Jul 11, 2013
Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority, a/k/a Charleston Housing!
hostage

Charleston, WV

#33 Jul 11, 2013
health smart
Butterfly5

Charleston, WV

#34 Jul 11, 2013
NGK treats their ppl like crap!
Simply miserable

Martinsburg, WV

#35 Jul 12, 2013
Whomever said Rite Aid Distribution Center in Poca was dead on right!!!!

That place is a miserable place to work. Full of drug addicted skanks and lazy asses all over the place. They are protected by the Teamsters so they can get away with it.

If you are one of the few who do work and try and work hard it doesn't matter, because no matter how much you care and try your best you still will only get a raise when the others do.

There is no reward for hard work, just rewards for being laxy

Teamsters 175 promotes laziness. When I worked there I felt like I worked for the Teamsters instead of the Warehouse

It is a miserable place to be

Simply miserable
Pastor Mike

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Jul 12, 2013
Simply miserable wrote:
Whomever said Rite Aid Distribution Center in Poca was dead on right!!!!
That place is a miserable place to work. Full of drug addicted skanks and lazy asses all over the place. They are protected by the Teamsters so they can get away with it.
If you are one of the few who do work and try and work hard it doesn't matter, because no matter how much you care and try your best you still will only get a raise when the others do.
There is no reward for hard work, just rewards for being laxy
Teamsters 175 promotes laziness. When I worked there I felt like I worked for the Teamsters instead of the Warehouse
It is a miserable place to be
Simply miserable
Union Sux!
Simply miserable

Martinsburg, WV

#37 Jul 12, 2013
Thank you Pastor Mike I agree with you. Unions do nothing more, but drive up prices promote laziness and of course line their own pockets. The consumer is the loser in the long run.
Must be true

Chesapeake, OH

#38 Jul 12, 2013
Simply miserable wrote:
Thank you Pastor Mike I agree with you. Unions do nothing more, but drive up prices promote laziness and of course line their own pockets. The consumer is the loser in the long run.
That's the main problem with these union shops like Walker and the likes. You have the ones who walk around all shift with a coffee cup in there hand, refusing to do a damn thing and daring someone to say a word about it. You have the ones that clock in, leave and then clock out 8 hours later. Some stay but sit in the breakroom their whole shift. You have a few who actually try to make a go of it but end up quitting just to be replaced by a few more who will soon follow suit after realizing the place is a joke. The union allows this to happen. The union only benefits the lazy. Always has...always will.
Slinky

Martinsburg, WV

#39 Jul 12, 2013
@Must be true

DITTO!
Parts2 Personnal

Chesapeake, OH

#40 Jul 12, 2013
Walker Machinery use to pay well. Now they want to start you out at $10 bucks an hour. By the timeyou pay your union dues and benefis you are back below min. wage. One guy left the other day to go back to Lowes. They want to get on TV and act like its the best place in the world for a family man to work.
Lambrusco

Charlottesville, VA

#41 Jul 12, 2013
You can thank Obama.
Well

Parkersburg, WV

#42 Jul 13, 2013
State of WV

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy Scout leader charged Charleston WV 32 min duh 1
Flaming Boy Scout leader charged soliciting tee... 34 min boing 1
Narcissistic Relationships and Family (Oct '15) 54 min Nosy 45
To Mis, Unethical sales and Immoral Service (Jan '14) 58 min Nosy 66
What if Mexico refuses to pay for wall? 1 hr FOVR 71
What happened to Chad (Apr '15) 2 hr Pril 7
Healthcare Racketeering and RICO Investigations 4 hr Republican Realist 20
News Ben Hatfield found dead in Mingo County cemetery 6 hr Yup 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance