Man Charged In Punching Incident Sent...

Man Charged In Punching Incident Sentenced To Year In Prison

There are 112 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Man Charged In Punching Incident Sentenced To Year In Prison. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Bob Aaron Web Producer: Jeff Morris Reported: Nov. 9, 2012 10:24 AM EST Updated: Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

Kensey Slater

Charleston, WV

#21 Nov 9, 2012
You think you can say what you want about my dad and pretend Robert was a saint? I don't think so. I will defend my dad. Till the day I die. Whether society thinks it's right or wrong. I won't tolerate anyone bashing my dad. Especially not someone with a biased opinion of him. Because you know what? You don't know him. Where was I bashing Robert? No where. I stated facts about him sexually harassing women. Or is that acceptable to you? Seeing as how you are spending your time on here defending Aimee & the like you probably do think it's acceptable.Because that's the kind of man YOU are defending. Sorry, but, grabbing on random women in bars is trashy to me, not standing up for them. So shut up and get your facts together.
MrLittlepage

Charleston, WV

#22 Nov 9, 2012
Ive know KR all my life....always did right, never started crape with anyone, but ALWAYS stood for what was right. I knew Robert for over 20 years....always in the bar/club scene, always thought he was a ladies man. He was ALWAYS pudgy with females.
Journalist3

Charleston, WV

#23 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
Journalist - My dad defended a woman. Plain and simple. He did not kill anyone. Mr Adkins obviously didn't make very good choices by grabbing on women, single or not, when is sexually harassing any woman acceptable?
Misslee - You are nothing more than an ignorant sheep following Aimee. Since you know so much about it, were you there? Probably not. So, I'm going to be rude, why? Because all is said and done and now I can. Shut your pie hole. Babbling moron.
Another thing is ANYONE can say ANYTHING about what happened. That doesn't make it true. There are three scenarios to any situation. The rumor story, the public story, and the truth.
Kensey, you say: My dad defended a woman. Plain and simple. He did not kill anyone.

He did. He indeed KILLED Robert Adkins.
You are jumping the gun and throwing your anger around tonight and directing it towards a dead man and his family, Even to friends of his family!? Placing the blame for this entire incident on everyone except your father. It is understandible that you are upset. However, I think that rather than shouting at the top of the world that your Dad is an innocent victim of a crime that he, himself committed, you should consider grief counseling and seeking help in trying to cope with your Dad's sentence rather than placing blame on the family of the deceased.
me too

Charleston, WV

#24 Nov 9, 2012
My bad wrote:
Let me tell you? Yes Mr Adkins had 12 priors since 2002hoqever, none of this brought out today because his past family 89 years of law enforcement history. I am sorry for the out come but mr Adkins has known to be in this situation before. His ex Aimee also knew about it. Yes, he took a plea deal to keep his son from knowing the real truth. Also, to keep tonne Adkins name out of court and ran through the mud. Mr slater had a witness in his team that he never met to say that this has happened with Mr Adkins in the past. Buy, they have 89 years worth of law enforcement behind them then that made crabbing a woman continuously okay. Mr Kaufman changes his mid after family mbers got up to speak. No one heard our sad of the story because they led imus to a slaying . I was personally told by officer Cook that the family was fully aware of his past behavior, what are we too do? We just wanted to keep the deceased with a good name and keep the trial out of derogatory comments. We made a mistake on our part , the prosecuted even admitted to many holes in the story. It was a set up deal. The system sucks when you can't protect someone from
Grabbing your girlfriend to
The point she was hysterically screaming for help. Hr was let off since 2002 for his behavior . No one sees this side of it. And again, this all should have been taken into consideration .
What in the hell did you even say here? Babbling brook!
Amie

Charleston, WV

#25 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
Concerned - think what you want. You don't know my dad. So you can step off too. You are probably Aimee or one of her personalities.
misslee - good for her , she can take her multiple personalities and move right on. But i doubt she has moved on if she couldn't let her relationship with Robert go after so many years of not being together, she probably did all this because in her mind she felt she had to justify him because she was still in love with him. Maybe you should take your own advice? Obviously YOU arent over it or you wouldn't be commenting. You don't want to come at me sideways with your crap. You don't have the mental capacity to.
As long as I am alive NO ONE is going to bad mouth my dad. No one has their facts straight. Especially you, Misslee, now get to steppin'.
As long as you are alive? Funny, I had hoped that was your fat ass floating in the river on the news tonight. hahahaa!!!!!
Why Kenzie Slater you sound like you are as much as a freaking badass as your Daddy! Plans to follow in his footsteps love?
Crazy Amie is back

Charleston, WV

#26 Nov 9, 2012
I knew it would not take long. what personality are we speaking with this time?
brian

Vinton, VA

#27 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
Journalist - My dad defended a woman. Plain and simple. He did not kill anyone. Mr Adkins obviously didn't make very good choices by grabbing on women, single or not, when is sexually harassing any woman acceptable?
Misslee - You are nothing more than an ignorant sheep following Aimee. Since you know so much about it, were you there? Probably not. So, I'm going to be rude, why? Because all is said and done and now I can. Shut your pie hole. Babbling moron.
Another thing is ANYONE can say ANYTHING about what happened. That doesn't make it true. There are three scenarios to any situation. The rumor story, the public story, and the truth.
was you there? Get over it, your weak a$$ dad is where he belongs. Hopefully when he gets out there will be some street justice.
Kensey Slater

Ardsley, NY

#28 Nov 10, 2012
Say what you want about me, I don't care. But don't call my dad something he is not. Adkins killed himself by not going to the hospital the night it happened, IF that's what caused it. How about the fact that he died 10 days later? ANYTHING could have happened between the time he was at the bar up until TEN DAYS LATER of his death. Someone could have pushed him down some stairs? He could have fallen? For all the work that Aimee did in this, how do we know she didn't cover for herself or someone else? You only hear what was said in the media, you only read what came from Aimee. Why don't some of you act like you have a brain or a mind of your own and think for yourself?

Everyone who wants to say this and that doesn't know everything. So why sit here and talk about something you don't even know the full truth about?
it is the law period

Hurricane, WV

#29 Nov 10, 2012
Involuntary manslaughter
Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought, either express or implied. It is distinguished from voluntary manslaughter by the absence of intention. It is normally divided into two categories; constructive manslaughter and criminally negligent manslaughter, both of which involve criminal liability.

Did Mr. Slater kill Mr.Adkins intentionally No, The fact remains that there was a fight and someone died.

It does not matter what either sides pasts were, It is a bad situation all the way around, for both families, One family is dealing with the loss of a loved one for the rest of their life, and one is dealing with the fact that their loved one is gone for a year, and now has a criminal record.

Neither side wins, and BOTH sides are hurting

Both people in this have good qualities about them to their own families, It is just a shame that either side has to go through this.

SO TO ALL OF YOU-

hmn- yes it was a shock- but kaufman made a decision

Bill- No one deserves to die over that.

Shawshank- Grow up that is just gross

Journalist 3- Nothing to you you did ur homework

Misslee-let it go she is hurting just like Mr.adkins son, the only differance is she has to hurt for just a yr and can see her dad. she doesn't have to feel the hurt for life.

My Bad- Kaufman had a choice it was brought before him 1 yr jail- 1 yr probation The prosecutors office came up with the plea deal and mr Slater knew it was a possibility,

Truth seeker- Grow up it wasn't a trial it was a plea deal and like i told my bad, he knew it was a possibility .

Concerned- like i told misslee let it go

So to Kensey Slater- you are right - the rumor, the public story, and the truth. but you were not there and only know what your father and his friends wanted you to hear, and you are going to believe it because he is your dad, and i am not telling you that you are wrong, but getting on here is not the way. I want you to remember that mr. Adkins had a son and he feels the same way you do. He loved his dad unconditionally just like you do your dad.

Mr littlepage- i have seen mr. slaters back ground to like i said niether past had anything to do with this. But if you want to go there what about mr. slaters violence towards women.

Brian- that is just mean- she is his daughter and is going to defend him just like you would defend your family. Just like Roberts ex-wife has done for her son.

TO ALL OF YOU - Remember their are 2 families involved in this, and they are both hurting. We will never know the full story because one of the parties died.

Now both families are having to deal with this

Both these men have children that love them unconditionally, they are both lucky to have that.
eric dorsey beck

Statts Mills, WV

#30 Nov 10, 2012
Y'all can stop dogging kr he's my buddy I would had done the same thing to protect a woman that guy was just a woman beater and kr stopped it I hate that kr went to prison cause he's a really nice guy
Mlsslee

United States

#31 Nov 10, 2012
Your right ... Now Roberts family can start to move on . The Slater family should do the same . All of this is not going to change anything . It's only going to cause more hurt . It's time to move on !! I'm out !
Info

Toledo, OH

#32 Nov 10, 2012
I just want to know why ms slater thinks that cause someone has a record that it makes it ok that they got killed??? And just becuz someone killed someone that has a criminal record doesnt give them a ligthter sentence!!! Call a lawyer and ask why his record wasnt brought up becuz its irrelevant to the case!!!! He was not on trial ! And like i said someones past criminal record doesnt have anything to do with a case where they are the victim!!!
Kensey Slater

Ardsley, NY

#33 Nov 10, 2012
It's the principal of that matter. The guy was known to do what he did, does that make it okay for him to harass women? I never said that it was okay that the guy died. But my dad did NOT kill him.
Edens

Ardsley, NY

#34 Nov 10, 2012
Yea guy died 10 days later an didn't go to the hospital it's called an accidental death ...or his own damn fault lol
impartial

Nitro, WV

#35 Nov 11, 2012
I don't know either party and only got the facts they put in the paper. Yeah, I might have done the same thing in my younger days, but it might not have been the right way to handle things. If Adkins was grabbing in the bar, confronting him right then would be the way to go. If you wait and sucker punch some drunk, and he dies. that's hard to justify. The law needs to hand out tough sentences to discourage that. The good thing about martial arts is, using your knowledge to issue the appropriate punishment to teach someone a lesson, instead of swinging wild and having someone die on you. It's unfortunate, and innocent loved ones suffer the most.
hey

Hurricane, WV

#36 Nov 11, 2012
Mlsslee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao ... My kids aren't small like hers are sweetie . If you must know my kids are with Aimee celebrating !!!! I am a bitch but ignorant I am not . You still came out with the better end of the deal here . Your dad only has to be away from you for a year . Roberts son lost him forever .
hey its not kr's fault that robert had a glass jaw and got knocked out i bet his whole family has glass jaws
hey

Hurricane, WV

#37 Nov 11, 2012
brian wrote:
<quoted text>was you there? Get over it, your weak a$$ dad is where he belongs. Hopefully when he gets out there will be some street justice.
street justice what are you going to do there is alot of people that will fight for kr you just get on here talking shit wont you say your name then me and you can talk
AIMEE FIGGATT

Charleston, WV

#38 Nov 11, 2012
I am Aimee Figgatt, the mother and legal guardian of Robert Matthew Adkins. The minor son of Robert Wayne Adkins, Deceased.

I have been advised by my legal representation to post the following:

Any posts on this thread that have my name or bearing likeness of have not been posted by myself or anyone representing me legally or otherwise. I have not and will not be posting on this thread other than what I am writing at this time and ask that others refrain from doing so on behalf of myself or my son. There are still legal matters to be addressed in this case and by feeding the anger it causes more harrassment to myself and my minor son. If this continues I will take appropriate legal action necessary to put it to an end.Thank you to everyone for your continued support.

Aimee
We cannot control the evil tongues of others; but a good life enables us to disregard them.- Cato the Elder
hey

Hurricane, WV

#39 Nov 11, 2012
AIMEE FIGGATT wrote:
I am Aimee Figgatt, the mother and legal guardian of Robert Matthew Adkins. The minor son of Robert Wayne Adkins, Deceased.
I have been advised by my legal representation to post the following:
Any posts on this thread that have my name or bearing likeness of have not been posted by myself or anyone representing me legally or otherwise. I have not and will not be posting on this thread other than what I am writing at this time and ask that others refrain from doing so on behalf of myself or my son. There are still legal matters to be addressed in this case and by feeding the anger it causes more harrassment to myself and my minor son. If this continues I will take appropriate legal action necessary to put it to an end.Thank you to everyone for your continued support.
Aimee
We cannot control the evil tongues of others; but a good life enables us to disregard them.- Cato the Elder
dont worry aimee i saved the one where you said i was hopeing it was your fat ass floating down the river
concerned

Culloden, WV

#40 Nov 11, 2012
Dear God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

God please grant peace to those who have lost and guidance to those that are lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst commercial on TV 12 min yep 8
Another dead body in the river 14 min bloat 3
Vote NO on road bill !!!!!!!!! FU Jim!!!!!!! 53 min Josh 3
Child support 2 hr which is why 21
Pretty black girl working at Ryans in South Cha... 3 hr which is why 52
Hooters 4 hr Billy 77
A bum on every corner 4 hr Honestly 34
Drama at KC Nautilus 11 hr slappy 52

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages