Man Charged In Punching Incident Sentenced To Year In Prison

Nov 9, 2012 Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston 112

Bob Aaron Web Producer: Jeff Morris Reported: Nov. 9, 2012 10:24 AM EST Updated: Nov.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
hmmm

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Well isnt that a surprise.
Bill

Charleston, WV

#2 Nov 9, 2012
if the guy grabbed his girl friend then he had it coming to him. he should not spend one day in jail.
Shawshank

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Lets see a year is 365 days. If Bubba starts a tapping that stuff on day one and his celly hits is every other day that means he will have had sex 547 times before he gets released. Assuming my arithmatic is correct.
Kensey Slater

Danielson, CT

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Shawshank how about shut up troll? This is his daughter. This site needs shut down, it's nothing but gossip mongers with no lives, who can't even put their actual names. Bill I agree, any man would have done the same. I guess this is our society today, it's perfectly fine to put your hands on a woman and grab her but if she or someone defends her they are the ones who are punished.

My dad had NO criminal history, but this guy had 12 priors since 2002, and a KNOWN history of grabbing on women in bars. Of course, none of this was brought up.
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 9, 2012
You may need to double check that Kensey Slater. Kenneth Slater may have no "convictions" but has had several arrests and every one of them are for violence. They are all public records and can be found on the public computer at the Kanawha County Circuit Clerks Office. Second floor. Everything is listed on your Dad except his domestic violence petitions that were filed by his ex wife. Whom I understand is your Mother? The same for Mr. Adkins. When I checked both records before writing my article over the summer Mr. Adkins had one conviction for DUI and that's it, arrests yes. Convictions no. Just like your Dad has.

You have the right to be angry but you are angry at a wrong man. Your Dad put himself right where he is today. No one else did this to him but himself. You can't blame the dead man.
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Robert was not even close to the girl when he hit him . How would KR have liked it if his girlfriends husband came in and punched him for being with his wife ?
My bad

Charleston, WV

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Let me tell you? Yes Mr Adkins had 12 priors since 2002hoqever, none of this brought out today because his past family 89 years of law enforcement history. I am sorry for the out come but mr Adkins has known to be in this situation before. His ex Aimee also knew about it. Yes, he took a plea deal to keep his son from knowing the real truth. Also, to keep tonne Adkins name out of court and ran through the mud. Mr slater had a witness in his team that he never met to say that this has happened with Mr Adkins in the past. Buy, they have 89 years worth of law enforcement behind them then that made crabbing a woman continuously okay. Mr Kaufman changes his mid after family mbers got up to speak. No one heard our sad of the story because they led imus to a slaying . I was personally told by officer Cook that the family was fully aware of his past behavior, what are we too do? We just wanted to keep the deceased with a good name and keep the trial out of derogatory comments. We made a mistake on our part , the prosecuted even admitted to many holes in the story. It was a set up deal. The system sucks when you can't protect someone from
Grabbing your girlfriend to
The point she was hysterically screaming for help. Hr was let off since 2002 for his behavior . No one sees this side of it. And again, this all should have been taken into consideration .
Truth Seeker

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Kaufman was the judge? That would explain it. Slater probably didn't get a fair trial then. Aimee's kid will get his money then because he is offcially a victim now. Am I right?
Kensey Slater

Charleston, WV

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Journalist - My dad defended a woman. Plain and simple. He did not kill anyone. Mr Adkins obviously didn't make very good choices by grabbing on women, single or not, when is sexually harassing any woman acceptable?

Misslee - You are nothing more than an ignorant sheep following Aimee. Since you know so much about it, were you there? Probably not. So, I'm going to be rude, why? Because all is said and done and now I can. Shut your pie hole. Babbling moron.

Another thing is ANYONE can say ANYTHING about what happened. That doesn't make it true. There are three scenarios to any situation. The rumor story, the public story, and the truth.
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#10 Nov 9, 2012
This was not about money . Aimee's kid does not need money from anyone . He is very well taken care of .
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#11 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
Journalist - My dad defended a woman. Plain and simple. He did not kill anyone. Mr Adkins obviously didn't make very good choices by grabbing on women, single or not, when is sexually harassing any woman acceptable?

Misslee - You are nothing more than an ignorant sheep following Aimee. Since you know so much about it, were you there? Probably not. So, I'm going to be rude, why? Because all is said and done and now I can. Shut your pie hole. Babbling moron.

Another thing is ANYONE can say ANYTHING about what happened. That doesn't make it true. There are three scenarios to any situation. The rumor story, the public story, and the truth.
Your right I wasn't there I was home with my children where KR's "girlfriend" should have been . We're you there ? Maybe you should shut the hell up and deal with it . Your dad is in jail ! Get over it . It's done . Get on with your life .
Kensey Slater

Danielson, CT

#12 Nov 9, 2012
When Aimee can't speak for herself she sends her flunkie Misslee to her topix rescue.
concerned

Lake Charles, LA

#13 Nov 9, 2012
Slater had an opportunity to speak and did not. He showed no remorse. He is an uneducated thug. I hope he rests well in prison tonight. The look of shock on his face after the Judge said "one year in prison" was priceless. He thought he was getting probation and would be sleeping in his own bed tonight. NOT!
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Why can't you understand Aimee has better things to do . She is not worried about what you have to say. She is getting on with her life . Maybe you should try it ??
English

New York, NY

#15 Nov 9, 2012
My bad wrote:
Let me tell you? Yes Mr Adkins had 12 priors since 2002hoqever, none of this brought out today because his past family 89 years of law enforcement history. I am sorry for the out come but mr Adkins has known to be in this situation before. His ex Aimee also knew about it. Yes, he took a plea deal to keep his son from knowing the real truth. Also, to keep tonne Adkins name out of court and ran through the mud. Mr slater had a witness in his team that he never met to say that this has happened with Mr Adkins in the past. Buy, they have 89 years worth of law enforcement behind them then that made crabbing a woman continuously okay. Mr Kaufman changes his mid after family mbers got up to speak. No one heard our sad of the story because they led imus to a slaying . I was personally told by officer Cook that the family was fully aware of his past behavior, what are we too do? We just wanted to keep the deceased with a good name and keep the trial out of derogatory comments. We made a mistake on our part , the prosecuted even admitted to many holes in the story. It was a set up deal. The system sucks when you can't protect someone from
Grabbing your girlfriend to
The point she was hysterically screaming for help. Hr was let off since 2002 for his behavior . No one sees this side of it. And again, this all should have been taken into consideration .
Uhm... What?
Kensey Slater

Danielson, CT

#16 Nov 9, 2012
I bet you are the doting mom. Topix sure does take up alot your time, who's watching the kids while you are on here being an ignorant bitch? Im a firm believer in karma. Karma will bite her. It always does. Fate always has a place and time. I feel sorry for your kids too, mom has her face buried in topix all the time butting her nose in where it doesn't belong. Why don't YOU get over yourself, it doesn't affect you personally so WHY are you commenting? Oh, right, you have to defend your friend, funny, that's all my dad was doing.
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
I bet you are the doting mom. Topix sure does take up alot your time, who's watching the kids while you are on here being an ignorant bitch? Im a firm believer in karma. Karma will bite her. It always does. Fate always has a place and time. I feel sorry for your kids too, mom has her face buried in topix all the time butting her nose in where it doesn't belong. Why don't YOU get over yourself, it doesn't affect you personally so WHY are you commenting? Oh, right, you have to defend your friend, funny, that's all my dad was doing.
Lmao ... My kids aren't small like hers are sweetie . If you must know my kids are with Aimee celebrating !!!! I am a bitch but ignorant I am not . You still came out with the better end of the deal here . Your dad only has to be away from you for a year . Roberts son lost him forever .
Kensey Slater

Danielson, CT

#18 Nov 9, 2012
Concerned - think what you want. You don't know my dad. So you can step off too. You are probably Aimee or one of her personalities.

misslee - good for her , she can take her multiple personalities and move right on. But i doubt she has moved on if she couldn't let her relationship with Robert go after so many years of not being together, she probably did all this because in her mind she felt she had to justify him because she was still in love with him. Maybe you should take your own advice? Obviously YOU arent over it or you wouldn't be commenting. You don't want to come at me sideways with your crap. You don't have the mental capacity to.

As long as I am alive NO ONE is going to bad mouth my dad. No one has their facts straight. Especially you, Misslee, now get to steppin'.
Kensey Slater

Charleston, WV

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Aww. Aimee's celebrating? Good for the bitch. Because she's nothing but a bitch. And for you, you are ignorant. Stupid is, as stupid does. As I said though, karma, it does and will happen. And when it does I'll be the one celebrating :)
Mlsslee

Barnesville, OH

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Kensey Slater wrote:
Concerned - think what you want. You don't know my dad. So you can step off too. You are probably Aimee or one of her personalities.

misslee - good for her , she can take her multiple personalities and move right on. But i doubt she has moved on if she couldn't let her relationship with Robert go after so many years of not being together, she probably did all this because in her mind she felt she had to justify him because she was still in love with him. Maybe you should take your own advice? Obviously YOU arent over it or you wouldn't be commenting. You don't want to come at me sideways with your crap. You don't have the mental capacity to.

As long as I am alive NO ONE is going to bad mouth my dad. No one has their facts straight. Especially you, Misslee, now get to steppin'.
You can say what you want about Robert but no one can talk about your dad ? I'm sorry but that's not how it works .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kanawha City to become the new 'West Side" 21 min carhop 10
Infant left at Logan Regional Medical Center 36 min Baby Jane 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Dalai Lama 58,305
How did Sarah's dad really die bang bang 1 hr Big bone sarah 4
Sarah Plants the original dirty girl 2 hr chandler bing 5
Booms? (Feb '14) 2 hr Doc 8
Boom's First Impression 2 hr chandler bing 9
Look out drunk drives the snitch is here 3 hr Professional Drun... 88
rev watts arrested for selling heroin. 20 hr carol 22
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
•••
•••