should "weed" be legal ???

Posted in the Charleston Forum

stoned

Harrisonburg, VA

#1 Oct 4, 2013
saver than beer or tobacco no one ever died from over dose !!!!

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#2 Oct 4, 2013
only if you have a job

weed makes you lazy

or lazier
yes

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Yes. Collect taxes.
eatmyweiner

Brookneal, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
only if you have a job
weed makes you lazy
or lazier
It will turn you Gay.
SERIOUSLY

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 5, 2013
No. Why does some people need it? So they can sell it? It should only be certain people getting it if it was legal or becomes legal.
paskldktryul3e

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 6, 2013
yes it should be legal
not

Montréal, Canada

#7 Oct 6, 2013
stoned wrote:
saver than beer or tobacco no one ever died from over dose !!!!
no way
outlaw it

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 6, 2013
nope

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#9 Oct 6, 2013
SERIOUSLY wrote:
No. Why does some people need it? So they can sell it? It should only be certain people getting it if it was legal or becomes legal.
Which people deserve legal weed and which people do not?

If weed were legal, there would be no demand to buy or sell it illegally - folks would just go to the store and buy it.
gander

Daniels, WV

#10 Oct 6, 2013
if you are so insecure that you need weed to reduce your inhibitions or make you more social then you need to seek psychological counseling instead for your lack of self esteem.
High on life

Brookneal, VA

#11 Oct 6, 2013
gander wrote:
if you are so insecure that you need weed to reduce your inhibitions or make you more social then you need to seek psychological counseling instead for your lack of self esteem.
Kudos to you! Same goes for being gay.

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#12 Oct 6, 2013
High on life wrote:
<quoted text>Kudos to you! Same goes for being gay.
Maybe weed can help you manage your fear of gay people.
1 post removed

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#14 Oct 6, 2013
GetReal wrote:
Yes marijuana should be legal and there ain't no reason why it shouldn't be because it has never caused any deaths, compare that to all the people who dies from tobacco and alcohol every minute in the U.S. There is no reason for it to be illegal.
It seems as if you are making a case to make alcohol and tobacco ILLEGAL. Wouldn't that benefit our citizens more than legalizing ANOTHER drug??

And what about that guy who stood outside his car smoking weed while his 3-month-old child dehydrated and DIED inside the car that the stoner was leaning against.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23294249/20...
2 posts removed

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#17 Oct 6, 2013
GetReal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Really and you can't compare one single report about a "guy who stood outside of his car smoking weed while his 3-month-old child dehydrated and DIED inside of the car" to all the other reports about alcohol making people do crazy stuff like that and more alcoholics have done crazier stuff than stoners. That dude who left his baby in the car probably didn't care much for the child when he was high or sober and if he was drunk then he probably would of done the same thing. If alcohol is legal which it is then marijuana needs to be legal to and there's no reason for it not to be. If marijuana was legalized then the crime rate would probably drop because people would just be smoking and having fun! Btw in post #2 where you said weed makes you lazy, that's not necessarily true. My parents have smoked weed since their teenage years and they always had good jobs and as far as i know they have never been fired from any of their jobs and i know a bunch of people who works good jobs and smokes weed all the time, when they get home and have everything settled. Weed makes you feel happy, calm and it helps with mental and physical pain. There's no reason for it to be illegal!
I mentioned the child dying because you would have us believe that NO death has ever been contributed to marijuana use. That stoner shut his kid in a car, on a 102 degree day, while he stood outside and "lost track of time". Maybe your parents understand how to use marijuana responsibly, but you KNOW that making weed more available will mean that our STUPIDEST citizens will get to smoke even MORE of it. You think that stoner was just a dumb guy - look how much dumber he got when he smoked weed - he let his kid DIE!

Again, by making your case that alcohol and tobacco are worse than weed, you are not supporting the idea that it is good to legalize weed, you are suggesting that we should criminalize alcohol and tobacco use - you've made several good arguments that favors the idea. I know that's not what you mean, so if you really want to argue that weed should be made legal, you should focus on how weed helps people, not how it doesn't hurt them as badly.

You claim that there are no reasons for weed to be illegal. Not true. There are tons of reasons. Illegal weed did not prevent your parents from smoking it up throughout their lives - perhaps the people who want weed to be legal are the ones who don't know how to smoke weed discretely.

Sober up - try embracing reality - figure out why you like smoking weed so much and weigh it against what your life could be like without weed.
whaaat

Daniels, WV

#18 Oct 6, 2013
CRACKwhore
WEED

Franklin, TN

#19 Oct 6, 2013
No one has died from smoking it I believe it was they meant. Lol. What is soooo bad about it people hate? There is no reason for it TO be illegal. I think if alcohol, which is more dangerous, is legal, then weed should definitely be legal. I hate that my dad smokes cigarettes. I'd rather him smoke weed than cigs. Just my opinion.
duh

Daniels, WV

#20 Oct 6, 2013
so the smoke from weed is not harmfull to your lungs like cigarette smoke? Let me think on that for a second!

“It is what it is.”

Since: Oct 13

Tennessee

#21 Oct 6, 2013
duh wrote:
so the smoke from weed is not harmfull to your lungs like cigarette smoke? Let me think on that for a second!
Because I definitely said that in my post. Let me read that again for a second. Nope. But it sure is better than the crap in cigarettes.
1 post removed
Saint Johnny

Charleston, WV

#23 Oct 6, 2013
The good Lord gave us weed to enjoy.
Man made alcohol so man could enjoy the state ABC tax dollars while the poor peoples livers rotted away.
stoney

Daniels, WV

#24 Oct 6, 2013
pass thatshit this way and stop bogartin it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you know adam mcclung? 1 hr thisguy 2
Black Lives Matter 2 hr Spooky Tooth 16
Rough n Rowdy 2 hr 8ball 1
shaun williams just like Mark Plants 3 hr ref 3
tom ronk (Apr '13) 4 hr But DAMN 22
will blacks riot if cpd LT Williams isnt fired 5 hr that guy 7
camc memorial 6 hr lpotter 24
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:51 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:51PM
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks win, move into playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:02 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:34 PM
Steelers grab playoff spot, showdown up next - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports