Worst is yet to come

Mount Hope, WV

#64 Jan 21, 2014
kc resident wrote:
People haven't become ill? Several people I know have suffered from rashes, skin lesions, stomach upset, welts around their eyes all due to this companies negligence. I haven't because I refuse to use any water until the smell is not present. I don't believe in people sewing over stupid things but I firmly believe this company deserves to loose every dime they have.
In regard to some chemicals, such as Benzene, Arsenic, Glycols, it can take many years before people start getting sick with kidney failure, liver disease, cancer, etc.

I hope and pray that your water wasn't contaminated very long, but the way things go in West Virginia, that leak may have been going on for months or even years. If the WVDEP knew anything about a leak of dangerous chemicals, they certainly wouldn't tell anyone, because the financial benefits for keeping their mouth shut is huge!

LIE AND DENY IS THE NORM FOR WVDEP!!!
Rusty Cooter

Erie, PA

#65 Jan 21, 2014
Sad wrote:
I can't believe how much greed there is out there. Sometimes bad things happen... It sucks, but in the big picture, we went without water. We didn't lose our homes, not a single person died. We were ALL inconvenienced, but wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just come together to help each other out during this time and be thankful for what we do have? Put things in perspective. So many people are just opportunists who see this as an excuse to get a check. So you allegedly had nausea, or a rash, big deal. You went to the ER? Ok, were you kept very long? Didn't think so. People in Charleston have been waiting their whole lives for a "big break" like this, including the desperate lawyers on the commercials. Were you happy when you thought about the water use being banned as a PRECAUTION? No I do not work for Freedom - I work in a totally unrelated field, and I have yet to learn one side effect from this chemical, especially when diluted to such a low concentration. I'm sure it's exciting to think about the ways you could spend the money you might be able to get out of this, but I promise you - it's much more rewarding to spend money you've EARNED.
Keep shilling for Freedom! The BS is getting deep in here
isthepointonyour head

Saint Albans, WV

#66 Jan 21, 2014
Sad wrote:
I can't believe how much greed there is out there. Sometimes bad things happen... It sucks, but in the big picture, we went without water. We didn't lose our homes, not a single person died. We were ALL inconvenienced, but wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just come together to help each other out during this time and be thankful for what we do have? Put things in perspective. So many people are just opportunists who see this as an excuse to get a check. So you allegedly had nausea, or a rash, big deal. You went to the ER? Ok, were you kept very long? Didn't think so. People in Charleston have been waiting their whole lives for a "big break" like this, including the desperate lawyers on the commercials. Were you happy when you thought about the water use being banned as a PRECAUTION? No I do not work for Freedom - I work in a totally unrelated field, and I have yet to learn one side effect from this chemical, especially when diluted to such a low concentration. I'm sure it's exciting to think about the ways you could spend the money you might be able to get out of this, but I promise you - it's much more rewarding to spend money you've EARNED.
I'm seeing you think companies should be allowed to endanger people's water.
Would LOVE to know your brain capacity.
For I don't get it!
Big Money Murder

Mount Hope, WV

#67 Jan 21, 2014
Manchin, Tomblin, the WVDEP and American Water Company are in bed with the Coal and Natural Gas Industry. They have been business buddies for years. Why do you think they refuse to test the water for certain chemicals?, why do they only test for arsenic once a year? What about the other 364 days? Even if they find deadly chemicals in your drinking water, they won't tell you.

Scientists and arsenic experts from other states are actually coming here to try to safe our asses from our own state government. Greedy politicians don't give a damn about us or our kids. They only care about the big campaign contributions and the big fat payoffs for lying and denying any wrong doing. They have been letting the coal and natural gas industry get away with murder for years because we West Virginians don't have the balls to do anything about it.

People should be protesting in the streets about this chemical spill and the lives that will be destroyed because of it, but I don't see anyone doing anything about it. Do you?
Sad

Stafford, VA

#68 Jan 21, 2014
Big Money Murder wrote:
Manchin, Tomblin, the WVDEP and American Water Company are in bed with the Coal and Natural Gas Industry. They have been business buddies for years. Why do you think they refuse to test the water for certain chemicals?, why do they only test for arsenic once a year? What about the other 364 days? Even if they find deadly chemicals in your drinking water, they won't tell you.
Scientists and arsenic experts from other states are actually coming here to try to safe our asses from our own state government. Greedy politicians don't give a damn about us or our kids. They only care about the big campaign contributions and the big fat payoffs for lying and denying any wrong doing. They have been letting the coal and natural gas industry get away with murder for years because we West Virginians don't have the balls to do anything about it.
People should be protesting in the streets about this chemical spill and the lives that will be destroyed because of it, but I don't see anyone doing anything about it. Do you?
What water do you think they use? How was your life destroyed?
thanks

Stafford, VA

#69 Jan 21, 2014
In response to..(Worst is yet to come) thank you for letting the idiots on this site that think the water (was just fine)!!(Oh it just had a funny smell) lol!!! THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF CHEMICALS.
Cancer Clusters

Mount Hope, WV

#70 Jan 21, 2014
thanks wrote:
In response to..(Worst is yet to come) thank you for letting the idiots on this site that think the water (was just fine)!!(Oh it just had a funny smell) lol!!! THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF CHEMICALS.
Some of the scientists that have been testing the water in our area due to the fracking chemicals leaking from the sediment pits in Lochgelly over that past several years, say that it usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 years til the community starts dying off. It's what they call CANCER CLUSTERS. Unfortunately, in our case, and perhaps yours, it will be a huge one!

Our state politicians don't mind sacrificing a few thousand people if it means millions of dollars for themselves. We live in a murdering state - and nobody has the balls to do anything about it.
Shame on all

Charleston, WV

#71 Jan 21, 2014
Dear Sad

You tell em! Have you noticed how everyone gets into their conspiracy mode and thinks that everyone politician and their brother are in cohoots with Freedom Industries. It's kind of disgusting yet at the same time amusing. These low budget con-artists are the same people who still think our goverment was behind 9/11 and we never really did land on the moon. For a better lack of words they are stupid.

Again, not one single person I know of was injured or harmed in anyway other than missing a shower for a few days and hell some on here probably didn't shower that often to start with.

To you low budget con-artists out there I say get a life a job and stop living off entitlements and I will leave you with these three words...

LET FREEDOM RING!
1 post removed
Vander

Huntington, WV

#73 Jan 22, 2014
Shame on all wrote:
Dear Sad
You tell em! Have you noticed how everyone gets into their conspiracy mode and thinks that everyone politician and their brother are in cohoots with Freedom Industries. It's kind of disgusting yet at the same time amusing. These low budget con-artists are the same people who still think our goverment was behind 9/11 and we never really did land on the moon. For a better lack of words they are stupid.
Again, not one single person I know of was injured or
harmed in anyway other than missing a shower for a few days and hell some on here probably didn't shower that often to start with.
To you low budget con-artists out there I say get a life a job and stop living off entitlements and I will leave you with these three words...
LET FREEDOM RING!
Which one of the bleach blonde ragged out Stover sisters are you? Karen or Kathy?
Shame on all

Charleston, WV

#74 Jan 24, 2014
Well you have all the ambulance chasers and there entitlement free loading con-artists clients, all foaming at the mouth hoping to get something for nothing. All I can say to you sorry ass POS liars is....

LET FREEDOM RING!

I hope and pray not one person or company gats one red cent from freedom Industries. If it were possible and could be structured it would be nice if they just picked up and left this miserable entitlement state. I am officially embarrassed to say I live in West Virginia. I truly am embarrassed.

Shame on all you bastards! Every lawyer and each client are just scum if you ask me. And for those of you that still haven't showered, it's time to clean your nasty ass....DONCHA THINK?

LET FREEDOM RING!
Big Story

Mount Hope, WV

#75 Jan 24, 2014
Shame on all wrote:
Well you have all the ambulance chasers and there entitlement free loading con-artists clients, all foaming at the mouth hoping to get something for nothing. All I can say to you sorry ass POS liars is....
LET FREEDOM RING!
I hope and pray not one person or company gats one red cent from freedom Industries. If it were possible and could be structured it would be nice if they just picked up and left this miserable entitlement state. I am officially embarrassed to say I live in West Virginia. I truly am embarrassed.
Shame on all you bastards! Every lawyer and each client are just scum if you ask me. And for those of you that still haven't showered, it's time to clean your nasty ass....DONCHA THINK?
LET FREEDOM RING!
Read the letters on the page by DC attorneys, and you will understand why so many people think that our Governor and WVDEP is PAID OFF to keep their mouths shut about POISONED water!

Click on the link below:

http://www.dirtysecretwater.com/Evidence-of-A...
PROOF of Radiation Water

Mount Hope, WV

#76 Jan 24, 2014
Why does the Governor and WVDEP turn a blind eye to violators who poison our water supply?

BIG MONEY!!!

Click on the link below:

http://www.dirtysecretwater.com/Letters-of-Co...
go home tea party thread

Charleston, WV

#77 Jan 24, 2014
the frivolous lawsuit crowd is also the privitization and deregulation crowd that brought us the water crisis to start with. Of course they are going to claim the lawsuits are fake for real injuries. My own personal opinion is that West Virginia American water should be taken over, made a public institution and a new water plan constructed. All they do is take over smaller water systems with the government's assistance (corporate welfare) and they have not updated that water plan in 50 years. I mean "activated charcoal" I was using that in my fish tank in 1970.
In Bed Together

Mount Hope, WV

#78 Jan 24, 2014
Manchin, Tomblin, WVDEP and American Water Company are all in bed with the coal and fracking industry in West Virginia - all for big money!

They profit - while we suffer!

Wake up and smell the poison in our state government!!!

We need to vote those greedy self serving politicians out of office!!!
Shame on all

Charleston, WV

#79 Jan 24, 2014
Yea yea yea go go ahead and pretend you're pissed off and not gonna take it anymore and that everyone is out to get us and there's a conspiracy theory and this and that etc. Bet your lying two bit ass doesn't even vote, yet you want to spout off at our elected officials as though they're the enemy.

Why don't you just take a shower make yourself a sandwich and relax dude? Oh yea" make sure you pay that water bill when it arrives, because your elected officials need all they can get...right? You and the rest of the ass holes on here will forget all about this before Valentines day. It's been my experiences over the years that most ignorant people have the attention span of a rock.

Wink! Wink!
anti commie pro coal

Huntington, WV

#80 Jan 24, 2014
Shame on all wrote:
Loss of wages I can see maybe, but no one became ill due to the minor spill. I showered, shaved, washed clothes, did everything other than drink it and I never experienced any discomfort at all.
And as far as loss of wages I saw where United Way was working on some way to compensate the individulas who were inconvenienced in that manner. And there may be other sources to get compensated.
So why get lawyers involved over absolutely nothing? Like I said earlier, most are uneducated redneck hillbilly's looking for a free handout.
And no I do not have any stake in Freedom enterprises, I just happen to believe in being honest and despise low budget con artists who try to get something for nothing by scamming the system.
Shame, shame, shame!
Screw freedom, they use chemicals made in china and are owned by a british company. If we have to deal with the chemicals at least make them here. If you support Freedom industries you support commie chemicals of dubious quality being pumped into our ground which is how they are diqsposed of.
hehehe

Charleston, WV

#81 Jan 24, 2014
Shame on all wrote:
It doesn't matter how many con-artists visited the ER after this minor inconvenience I still maintian they weren't ill or injured in anyway, they are just trying to scam the system. They're just "punk ass' leeches who are trying to get something for nothing.
Just low budget uneducated imbiciles. It's people like them that is at the root of all our nations problems. Liars and thieves!
I guarantee you that your neighbors or co-workers and even family members may act like they believe you, but behind your back they know you are not telling the truth. I shudder at the thought of how low the IQ is of those cretins complaining and bitching.
Shame on all of you....Shame, shame, shame!
tell us ur name u coward or are u just a little bitch sitting in front of a computer jealous that ur lawsuit failed against McDonald's for making u three hundred pounds
Cancer Cluster

Kodak, TN

#82 Jan 24, 2014
I've heard about that to. People's kids and stuff who is 10 pass away right after graduation! Agh Charleston is the place to live I guess. If I lived there I'd be moving South! Warmer weather and cleaner water!
aks

Charleston, WV

#83 Jan 24, 2014
Shame on all wrote:
Yea yea yea go go ahead and pretend you're pissed off and not gonna take it anymore and that everyone is out to get us and there's a conspiracy theory and this and that etc. Bet your lying two bit ass doesn't even vote, yet you want to spout off at our elected officials as though they're the enemy.
Why don't you just take a shower make yourself a sandwich and relax dude? Oh yea" make sure you pay that water bill when it arrives, because your elected officials need all they can get...right? You and the rest of the ass holes on here will forget all about this before Valentines day. It's been my experiences over the years that most ignorant people have the attention span of a rock.
Wink! Wink!
Your increasingly bitter and abusive tone only proves you have been exposed for who and what you are. You are losing the debate. Go away.
Rothschild-Cuomo

Louisa, VA

#84 Jan 24, 2014
It looks like Freedom industry's family is trolling this thread hard! haha These New York Zionists think they won't be arrested and pay huge money! lol They down-play the danger of the poison thinking that they're "smart". They spread lies about West Virginians to try and dehumanize them so that other people will not care what they do to us. Only problem is, there's people like me who is 10 steps ahead of the Zionists and their bigoted lies. Freedom IS responsible for all bottled water fees, water bills, loss of business, injured people, etc., etc.. YOU YOU CITY TRASH ZIONISTS ARE NOT GETTING OUT OF IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Campbells Creek (Mar '11) 1 hr Ruthie BB 186
Duerring is ruining kcs 3 hr common sense 3
Black Animal arrested for Sh-tting in Stairwell. 6 hr Theadore 8
General Divisioin CAMC Kaput 6 hr Yep Do The Math 5
Arrest Warrant Issued For Repeat Felon George H... (Jun '14) 7 hr Hatcher Catcher 25
Transit (Nov '13) 7 hr Hatcher Catcher 4
Nikki Seabolt (Jun '14) 8 hr Bth 7
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]