Secret Santa/Angel Tree
Please Please

Charleston, WV

#22 Dec 3, 2012
My family was in need of help this year and I signed up for Secret santa . So on the day of sign ups. I watch many people getting out of brand new, mustangs, camaros, one young girl got out of mercedes. I know things happen to people, just like myself. There are times when people just need help, but that is appalling, I have no idea why someone driving a new mustang would be approved for secret santa. It must be a boyfriends car I guess. There are strict rules for these programs. You do have to provide proof of need. Food stamps, and or medicaid for children. My husband is disabled after 18 years of working in this valley. We made well over 100,000.00 dollars a year. I never had to work. We made to much money. We worked for a living and I deserve food stamps, medicaid and all the treats that all these DEAD BEAT MOTHERS THAT KEEP HAVING CHILdren by five different men, Deserve. YEs Lacresha, Dwanda, moesha, Lysterine, Gonorhea I am talking to you......!!!!
stop and think

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Oct 25, 2013
Giver wrote:
Can anyone tell me what kind of screening, if any, do the families of these "NEEDY CHILDREN" have to go through to prove that they are indeed in need? I am curious because when I have looked at The Salvation Army's Angel Tree, I've noticed that a lot were asking for video games for their EXPENSIVE game boxes.(Where did the game box come from?). You know, I would like to provide Christmas gifts for a child who is TRULY IN NEED. But I have issues when I look over @ The Salvation Army on the day that the Angel Tree gifts are distributed and see parents dressed to the nines, with big-dangling-shiny gold jewelry, smoking cigarettes, jerking their kids around, all the while loading the bags into their Escalades and other nice new cars!!(these are people who USE & ABUSE the system). I believe that instead of choosing an Angel or doing Secret Santa, I will choose a child on my own or an elderly person who is doing without!!
i have signed my kids up for this every year i an a working mother who needs a little help you have to show all your pay stubs expenses bills rent receipts everything i dont know if you are aware of the questions that they ask you but i know they ask me what one gift they really want and if its a game they arent really expensive anymore like they used to be and how do you know its there car they are driving i really dont go it for the toys anyway i use it for the clothes coats hats gloves cause thats what they really need more then toys anyway
Sheena

Charleston, WV

#24 Oct 26, 2013
stop and think wrote:
<quoted text>i have signed my kids up for this every year i an a working mother who needs a little help you have to show all your pay stubs expenses bills rent receipts everything i dont know if you are aware of the questions that they ask you but i know they ask me what one gift they really want and if its a game they arent really expensive anymore like they used to be and how do you know its there car they are driving i really dont go it for the toys anyway i use it for the clothes coats hats gloves cause thats what they really need more then toys anyway
You sound & type a lot like JLynn 421,
Jenn, Beautiful Disaster or one of the many other names used.
Great

United States

#25 Oct 26, 2013
Great organization
Lmao

Berkeley Springs, WV

#26 Oct 26, 2013
Great wrote:
Great organization
What you know about it? Nothing.
cp

Charleston, WV

#27 Oct 26, 2013
Everyone deserves a good xmas
love4kids

Chesapeake, OH

#28 Oct 26, 2013
Great ideas.
Local

Charleston, WV

#29 Oct 27, 2013
Call local churches and food shelters. They often know of local children whom need help. God bless you
1 post removed
Virginia

Charleston, WV

#31 Nov 3, 2013
I tried to send my post but I don't see it up there on the conversation
Virginia

Charleston, WV

#32 Nov 3, 2013
Well I'm still trying to find a origination that could possibly help me with my baby's Christmas so if any one knows of a place please let me know thanks
sadmama

Ivel, KY

#33 Dec 11, 2013
I am a mother of a child on the angel tree this year I hate that I had to ask for help so my child would have something I don't have a car no game systems live in an old house but I'm a good person this will be my child's first real Christmas since last year she was under a month old and still in the hospital due to being premature hope everyone has a merry Christmas thanks for making me feel bad
anita

Saint Albans, WV

#34 Jun 28, 2014
I totally agree with this i have two girls 10yrs and 15 months old i cant even figure out where to sign them up. I work a low paying job dont have money to even make it ftom pay day to pay day which is every two weeks after paying my bills and could truley use the help with christmas. Expensive vehichle no this gal my car is pd for only 600 dollars and its broke down in the drive way now for at least 6 months lol. Thats all i csn do is laugh at the situation cause if not i would probably lose my mind. I love my girls they are my whole world and if the only thing i can afford is sn outfit or two a peice and lil candy and a small toy
mommy2rylie

Charleston, WV

#35 Nov 14, 2014
[QUOTE who="You're Disgusting"]<quoted text>
That is a gross exaggeration and anyone who believes you is an utter fool.[/QUOTE]
I had to do Secret Santa last year because my husband lost his job and could not get unemployment. So, while he was working my daughter got lots of awesome toys and a Wii. Not everyone who signs up abuses it. I don't know what we would have done last year if not for Secret Santa so this year we are sponsoring. Thank God my husband is working now. When I picked up last year No One was in fancy vehicles and dressed to the nines Lol! Think about the kids who REALLY need it. Not the parents who abuse the system. We had No Income so I am not sure of the limits.
Santa

Washington, PA

#36 Dec 1, 2014
it's just that type of child who needs it the most. yes I agree the system has been taken for granted but those kids need our love the most. no child should suffer despite the actions of there parents...especially not on Christmas.kids technology is expanding they will want things such as video games tis the season to dream and wish big. you never know what these kids are going through. who's to tell them they can't make a wish list for Santa just like every other child.
jons family

Charleston, WV

#37 Dec 2, 2014
Giver wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement is FAR FROM BEING A GROSS EXAGGERATION!! I have seen it with my own eyes!! How about being there on distribution day and see for yourself!
And by the way I am not the only person who feel this way!
I have seen this as well. Some people hide their heads in the sand. Just stand and watch, esp. the Salvation Army. That is why I don't give to them anymore. I pick out and elderly person or a child that I know who won't get much for Christmas and I give to them. It is not tax deductible, I don't believe. But I know I feel better when I make my own selections.
Mskamish

Charleston, WV

#38 Dec 2, 2014
I am sure you will find many. MANY volunteers that take people to the lcations to pick up gifts. Should those volunteers, usng their own resources, hide behind a broken down older car so that those they are helping aren't harshly judged? Gee Whiz folks, maybe the receivers should have to sign in blood somewhere to make you ALL feel better?
2 posts removed
Erica Roehr

Atlanta, GA

#41 Dec 8, 2014
Giver wrote:
Can anyone tell me what kind of screening, if any, do the families of these "NEEDY CHILDREN" have to go through to prove that they are indeed in need? I am curious because when I have looked at The Salvation Army's Angel Tree, I've noticed that a lot were asking for video games for their EXPENSIVE game boxes.(Where did the game box come from?). You know, I would like to provide Christmas gifts for a child who is TRULY IN NEED. But I have issues when I look over @ The Salvation Army on the day that the Angel Tree gifts are distributed and see parents dressed to the nines, with big-dangling-shiny gold jewelry, smoking cigarettes, jerking their kids around, all the while loading the bags into their Escalades and other nice new cars!!(these are people who USE & ABUSE the system). I believe that instead of choosing an Angel or doing Secret Santa, I will choose a child on my own or an elderly person who is doing without!!
How can I sign up to receive gifts for my 2 boys, I'm a single mother an I do not hav enough to get Christmas gifts..
Giver

Charleston, WV

#42 Dec 9, 2014
Erica Roehr wrote:
<quoted text>How can I sign up to receive gifts for my 2 boys, I'm a single mother an I do not hav enough to get Christmas gifts..
I'm sorry but I don't know.
merry christmas

Charleston, WV

#43 Dec 9, 2014
Erica Roehr wrote:
<quoted text>How can I sign up to receive gifts for my 2 boys, I'm a single mother an I do not hav enough to get Christmas gifts..
It may be to late to sign up but you can message the "WV Holiday Elves" on facebook to see if they can help.
Lisa Nelson

Saint Albans, WV

#44 Dec 13, 2014
Would like to know how to go about getting help to get toys for my grandchidren for Christmas. I live on a fixed income and can't get them anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. I also have a nephew that I would like to get help for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sears leaving Charleston 2 min Honestly 30
Get use to it---------- 9 min correction 6
Truth 1 hr wow 2
3 hrs until Inaguration 1 hr John Longendorfer 1
News Chick-fil-A supporters take stand on gay marriage (Aug '12) 1 hr Donnelly 139
Alisha Peachy Buddy Scott??? (Nov '12) 2 hr Benji 143
Judge D Mark Snyder (Feb '12) 5 hr Babygurl 62

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages