Wat

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 17, 2013
What happened to that place?? Used to be a good flea market. Now it's filled with people buying/selling pills and dirty old men. It's disgusting!
hardy har har

Charleston, WV

#2 Sep 18, 2013
seen some homeless ppl getting arrested today with stolen goods in unspeakable places. was quite embarassing to see. that is terrible.
Wat

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2013
That's been going on for a while. Lots of people steal stuff then trade it to the "sellers" at the flea markets for pills.

If you think pillheads stole your stuff you can probably buy it back at the Capitol Flea Market!
R U serious

Morgantown, WV

#4 Oct 24, 2013
Uh Oh, we were just going to go to this flea market and set up shop. Is it that bad? I am supposed to go check it out in the morning.
Chris

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2013
Yeah, possibly. Even ten years ago it was like that. Bad, check everything out when you go. The police won't do a thing. Most side with the druggies. I remember back in the day when it was a nice place. Sorry, I would advise for you this much, check everything out in the morning and don't leave the stand! Don't ask for anybody of watching , even if you befriend them. You can't trust nobody down there. Most of the stuff looks stolen. You can tell.
Chris

United States

#6 Oct 24, 2013
Yes I would check it out. People can tell most of that stuff is stolen. Hell old people there take and sell.
Wat

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Haven't been up there in a few months so I can't say.
yuckmaguck

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Oct 25, 2013
hardy har har wrote:
seen some homeless ppl getting arrested today with stolen goods in unspeakable places. was quite embarassing to see. that is terrible.
Did they have pills up their cootchy?
Calvin P

UK

#9 Oct 25, 2013
A bloke can get a lot of nice wares there. Gifts for any holiday available, toys and electronics, bootleg movies and good food in the little kitchen. People seem to have a nice time there.
R U serious

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Oct 25, 2013
Ok, I went today and checked it out. It was nice. I didn't see any homeless people or dirty old men. Thank goodness. You had me worried. I guess whatever problems you saw were handled by management. I had a great time and we are setting up shop there.
creeker

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 26, 2013
I like the Capitol Flea Market - indoors and out. Now it's getting cold, so it will be all indoors and things like mentioned about thieves and druggies can be caught quickly. Always a few bad apples that causes the whole bag to rot.
Proctorville, OH

#12 Oct 26, 2013
Where is it at?
Love it

United States

#13 Oct 26, 2013
I love going!
Lmao

Berkeley Springs, WV

#14 Oct 26, 2013
Love it wrote:
I love going!
Nobody cares
Topix-Troll.
cp

Charleston, WV

#15 Oct 26, 2013
Yeah
cp

Charleston, WV

#16 Oct 26, 2013
It's gone
cp

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 26, 2013
Never been there
cps

Chesapeake, OH

#18 Oct 27, 2013
I dolt think so either
Pro picker

Export, PA

#19 Mar 19, 2014
Best flea market in West Virginia !! Great vendors, inside and out. Have been told that some vendors have never left since opening day in 1989. Don't believe any of the above negative comments. Just not true !!
Baryonyx

Hurricane, WV

#20 Feb 20, 2017
Some good vendors just hate being accosted by the church people who run that one booth. They call you over trying to get you "saved" and when you disagree with their religion in any way they are mean, hateful, and rude then order you to leave. Not sure why the flea market allows them to treat shoppers this way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martha Stewart bought a mobile home on Rt 21 23 min water 3
Eminem Moving to Campbells Creek 38 min creekn 2
All Judges and Attorneys 1 hr Magistrate 1
Aaron Stone 2 hr Old friend 1
campbells creek jenny carte back in jail 2 hr vicky 1
Julie Yeager Corruption 2 hr Whoop whoop 8
Mayor Jones Please Resign 2 hr David 7

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance