Comments
41 - 60 of 153 Comments Last updated Jun 5, 2014
PHD TO BE

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Doug from the creek wrote:
Only if I can watch.
Seriously I am just kidding above.
Glad I didnt have to make that decision Probably right not as bad as a tattoo. YOu can remove the ring and it's not seen.
Then how many people are going to see it anyway.
But it does make me wonder if she is a little more premuscative Sp and maybe wanting to show it.
But at 12 hope not. But some kids seem to grow up fast that way.
Maybe getting to prolong it saying she can make the decision if she waits another four years if she still wants to do it. She might change her mind. I guess if not you lose out on the decision.
I did not like the way you started your comment. You sound more than a little wierd if not perverted, "if I can watch". I bet you have a record or most certainly bad thoughts about young young women. Someone needs to check out your IPO to see what is on your hard drive.
PHD 2 BE

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jul 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Doug from the creek wrote:
Only if I can watch.
Seriously I am just kidding above.
Glad I didnt have to make that decision Probably right not as bad as a tattoo. YOu can remove the ring and it's not seen.
Then how many people are going to see it anyway.
But it does make me wonder if she is a little more premuscative Sp and maybe wanting to show it.
But at 12 hope not. But some kids seem to grow up fast that way.
Maybe getting to prolong it saying she can make the decision if she waits another four years if she still wants to do it. She might change her mind. I guess if not you lose out on the decision.
ONLY IF I CAN WATCH, you are a sick f___k. Probobly a certified pervert. Go back in your hole.
rhino1974

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jul 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

when I was younger (not long ago) a woman with nipple piercing and tattoos was considered a slut and whore. A child with those things was considered either molested or abused. Time to stand up and be a parent Mom......or she will give you multiple grand-kids from a never ending string of ne'er do-wells.
stena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jul 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Who would want to perform the piercing on a 12 year old anyway?? That would be very nasty of you to allow anyone to put their hands on you little girl's breast!! Shame on YOU!!
jessicaa

Jacksonville Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Sep 13, 2009
 
I'm 15 and the daughter of a single mom. My dad drinks smokes the whole shabang. so being a single mom is a totally rediculous excuse. My mom would kill me. like honestly lock me in my room and only let me out for school. If she could afford it, she'd send me to a boarding school. and throwing a temper tantrum at 12? are you freaking kidding me? all i have to say is i hope your daught will be a better mother than you, cuz at this rate she'll be a mommy realll soon.
fyi

Jacksonville Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 13, 2009
 
suzb wrote:
OMG I cannot even believe the insanity of our culture today. Stop this world I want to get off. I am 50 and quite liberal in my thinking. I am also a therapist and i see what a world running to fast is doing to people.
A 12 year old who wants to get her nipples pierced is a young woman seeking an identity or trying to fill a self esteem void that will not be solidified , or healthy through the brandishing of piercing, tattoos etc. I would be watching for cutting or dysfunctional eating behaviors. To test if she is ready for this procedure Give her a binder clamp (purchased at any office supply store) and let her put these on her nipples, if she enjoys the pain, be concerned. This would be similar to running a needle through a developing 12 year old nipple.
I have to ask who is in control in your house? How about teaching her about life, coping with the word no and about what really matters, which at 12 should not be entertaining nipple piercing.
Don't try to be her friend or her cool parent. Children have enough friends what they need are adults to mentor them about taking life slow, acting your age, learning to make good , rational, decisions. Twelve year olds are not ready to make any decision at this level. When she can pay her own health insurance, take herself to the hospital and can independently support herself and can afford to be out of work for possibly "months" with a MRSA infection, then I say that's a good time to get her nipples pierced.
Come on, what are we doing to our children OMG
just because someone likes pain does NOT fall in the same catagory as getting nipple piercings at 12. That's a completely rediculous thing to say!
suzb

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Sep 13, 2009
 
to defend my concerns of the desire for nipple piercing at age 12.I am a licensed clinician who have seen many a young teen tattooed and pierced socially accepted trend of body art. However the younger body art youth that I have seen have sometimes multi levels of dysfunction in their emotional and psychological history i.e.sexual abuse history, inability to cope with the emotional response of childhood traumas- sometimes the pain that relieves emotional pain is channeled through piercings and tattoos. Sorry but I,ve seen it. as an adult I have no judgement about the personal pleasure of feeling pain or adesire to pierce their nipples. But it is not natural for a child (12 years old) to seek out physically painful procedures. Any female who recalls their own budding breasts knows very well how painful the development of breasts can be, not to mention learning the quick response of covering yourself from flailing arms or anything else that may hit u in the chest.Explain to me that a 12 year old's desire for nipple piercing is anything short of a symptom of something that is not healthy in her life. Sorry my clinical work experience leads me to see this as big red flag.
Mother of 6

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Nov 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Are you stupid? Seriously? Grow some backbone & tell her she can't get anyhting but her earlobes pierced (& no, she cannot stretch them either-that's permanent). No tattoos or body piercings until she is of LEGAL AGE (18) AND moved out of your house supporting herself through life(ie: not until you are done paying her way through college, etc.) If she's 45 and you are still supporting her, then you still call the shots. Good God, why are people so afraid of their kids these days?? I have 6 kids (6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 15) & their friends have piercings, they dye their hair, they have acrylic nails, they wear skimpy clothes, I don't care that "everyone else is doing it", I care about what I'm teaching my kids. And I don't let them walk all over me. They respect me, they love me, but they also know their boundaries & that I don't bend AT ALL on certain serious issues. Grow a set & put that little girl in her place. I also suggest you get her on birth control ASAP if you haven't already. Why else would a 12 year old CHILD want her nipples pierced? Her breasts aren't even fully developed. And seek family counseling because you are like an ostrich burying your head in the sand & it's going to bite you & her in the hind quarters. Be her PARENT first, her friend second. Not the other way around you moron! No, they don't come with a manual, but use some common sense for God's sake. You're doing your daugter a huge injustice. If you would have made it clear to her from a very young age that certain things are not up for compromise then the idea of tattoos & piercings never would have crossed her mind.
Crystal

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 21, 2010
 
Ok...Im Not A Parent Yet And Im Only 18 But Im Very Mature For My Age...And My Input On This Is When I Was That Young I Wanted Piercings Too But I Never Got Them Because I Wanted To Make Sure That Was Truely What I Wanted...Tell Her To Wait It Out For A Couple Years Like Atleast 15 Or 16 And If She Still Wants It Then I See No Problem In Letting Her Get It. But Shes Still So Young And Her Breast Are Still Developing She Doesnt Need To Do It That Young!!! And Also Why Would She Want It Done Because I Kno At That Age Its Something To Go Around Bragging About And Showing Off And Also To See How Far She Can Push Your Buttons. Like Telling Her Friends My Mom Let Me Get This Done I Wonder What Else I Can Get Her To Let Me Do! I Mean Like I Done Said Im Only 18 But My Mom Raised Me And My Brother By Herself Wit Nobodys Help And Shes Pretty Much Like You And Lets My Brother Get Away With Almost Everything Jus To Keep Peace In The House But Thats Why I Step In And Tell My Brother What Hes Doing Right And Wrong And I Help Make Alot Of The Decisions That Goes On. But Anyways To Make The Long Story Short: I Dont Believe Necassarily What Kind Of Tattoo Or Piercing You Get Determines What Kind Of Person They Are Or Who They Hang Out Wit Or Does It Determine What Kind Of Parent You Are As To What Your Kids Want!!! Every Teenager Thinks Of Getting A Tattoo Or Piercing No Matter If They Tell You Or Not They Atleast Think About It And Consider It But Some Kids At There Age Want Something Like This To Be Considered Cool, Etc. What Ever Their Reason Is Because Alot Of Kids Think There Cool Or Look Cool...My Best Advice To You Is If Your Trying To Be Firm They Stay Firm And Dont Never Come Down From What You Say No To Because Once You Do That Kids Will Think Well She Said No But I Begged Etc. And They Let Me!!! Also She Might Be Acting Like This Because Her Father Did Leave It Probally Does Have Some Impact On Her!!! But To Me I Dont Believe A 12Year Old Should Have Her Nipples Pierced! She Might Want Them Really Bad But Jus Tell Her To Wait Till Shes Atleast 15 Or 16 And If Shes Good And Treats You Better Then You'll Consider Letting Her Get Them Because Why Pay The Money For Somthing That They Might Want For A Month Or Two Then Decide They Dont Want Them Anymore And Better Yet When That Happens Make Her Earn The Money From You To Get Them Done. That Will Show Her Alittle Bit Of Responsibility As To If You Want Something You Gotta Work For It Like In The Real Word. But Anyways I Hope This Advice Helps Good Luck!!!!
Nick

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 23, 2010
 
HELL NO
look

Manila, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 23, 2010
 
if you got to ask, that don't say mush about you mothering skills now do it
Jerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

allowing a 12 y.o. to pierce her nipples = child abuse

“Mess with me.”

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jan 27, 2010
 
Absolutely NOT! I was a single mom during this time in my child's life, first it was smoking cigarettes,(NO) then pot (NO) then can I get a tattoo?(NO) I told her when she was 18 if she still wanted one, I couldn't stop her, but pot and cigarettes were illegal. If she wanted to ruin her health after 18 and smoke, I couldn't stop her. But I could stop the pot smoking. I would call the police if she didn't listen to me. And I would NOT bail her out of jail. She knew me well enough that I was not going to waffle on that. The day she turned 18 she got a tattoo, and started smoking. She's 30 now and still smoking and sorry she started. She smoked pot for a while, but when she got pregnant she quit and never picked it up again. There's a time when they grow up. Twelve isn't it. She needs you to lay down the law and stand strong. If you don't, you will be soooooo sorry later. She will run completely wild. Then what will you do? You'll be taking care of her babies while she's out doing her thing.
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Jan 27, 2010
 
Just so you know nipples are considered genital piercings, and most places will not pierce minors even with parental consent. Why does a 12 year old want her nipples pierced in the first place? Even if they did pierce minors Im sure shed have to be at least 16. you cant get anything under the age 14 pierced other then ears. Even with parental consent. Also a tattoo at 12 would loook terrible. Shes still growing, and anything she gets now shell more than likely regret it. Your her mom, tell her No to both, and that youll talk about it again in a few years. If she still wants it a few years later, sit down have a seriously talk about it.

And if she screams and throws a fit, tell her thats part of why your saying no. Shes to immature, she needs to prove to you that she is mature and responisble enough for it. You could also tell her she needs to do well in school and stuff to motivate her.

12 Is much to young for anything besides ears. 14 (since its the youngest you can be) you can gradute to stuff like cartlidge, or nose, and so on.

By the way, I know she wouldnt be happy, but thats life, she needs to earn it. I am 16 years old, and I have plenty piercings ect. But I didnt just get them. I had to prove myself and work for them.

Best of luck tho.

“Mess with me.”

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jan 27, 2010
 
Ashley wrote:
Just so you know nipples are considered genital piercings, and most places will not pierce minors even with parental consent. Why does a 12 year old want her nipples pierced in the first place? Even if they did pierce minors Im sure shed have to be at least 16. you cant get anything under the age 14 pierced other then ears. Even with parental consent. Also a tattoo at 12 would loook terrible. Shes still growing, and anything she gets now shell more than likely regret it. Your her mom, tell her No to both, and that youll talk about it again in a few years. If she still wants it a few years later, sit down have a seriously talk about it.
And if she screams and throws a fit, tell her thats part of why your saying no. Shes to immature, she needs to prove to you that she is mature and responisble enough for it. You could also tell her she needs to do well in school and stuff to motivate her.
12 Is much to young for anything besides ears. 14 (since its the youngest you can be) you can gradute to stuff like cartlidge, or nose, and so on.
By the way, I know she wouldnt be happy, but thats life, she needs to earn it. I am 16 years old, and I have plenty piercings ect. But I didnt just get them. I had to prove myself and work for them.
Best of luck tho.
Very good input, Ashley. Nice to have a younger person's opinion.
sooner or later

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Jan 27, 2010
 
no don't do it.
Bill Smith

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Jan 28, 2010
 
Crystal wrote:
Ok...Im Not A Parent Yet And Im Only 18 But Im Very Mature For My Age...And My Input On This Is When I Was That Young I Wanted Piercings Too But I Never Got Them Because I Wanted To Make Sure That Was Truely What I Wanted...Tell Her To Wait It Out For A Couple Years Like Atleast 15 Or 16 And If She Still Wants It Then I See No Problem In Letting Her Get It. But Shes Still So Young And Her Breast Are Still Developing She Doesnt Need To Do It That Young!!! And Also Why Would She Want It Done Because I Kno At That Age Its Something To Go Around Bragging About And Showing Off And Also To See How Far She Can Push Your Buttons. Like Telling Her Friends My Mom Let Me Get This Done I Wonder What Else I Can Get Her To Let Me Do! I Mean Like I Done Said Im Only 18 But My Mom Raised Me And My Brother By Herself Wit Nobodys Help And Shes Pretty Much Like You And Lets My Brother Get Away With Almost Everything Jus To Keep Peace In The House But Thats Why I Step In And Tell My Brother What Hes Doing Right And Wrong And I Help Make Alot Of The Decisions That Goes On. But Anyways To Make The Long Story Short: I Dont Believe Necassarily What Kind Of Tattoo Or Piercing You Get Determines What Kind Of Person They Are Or Who They Hang Out Wit Or Does It Determine What Kind Of Parent You Are As To What Your Kids Want!!! Every Teenager Thinks Of Getting A Tattoo Or Piercing No Matter If They Tell You Or Not They Atleast Think About It And Consider It But Some Kids At There Age Want Something Like This To Be Considered Cool, Etc. What Ever Their Reason Is Because Alot Of Kids Think There Cool Or Look Cool...My Best Advice To You Is If Your Trying To Be Firm They Stay Firm And Dont Never Come Down From What You Say No To Because Once You Do That Kids Will Think Well She Said No But I Begged Etc. And They Let Me!!! Also She Might Be Acting Like This Because Her Father Did Leave It Probally Does Have Some Impact On Her!!! But To Me I Dont Believe A 12Year Old Should Have Her Nipples Pierced! She Might Want Them Really Bad But Jus Tell Her To Wait Till Shes Atleast 15 Or 16 And If Shes Good And Treats You Better Then You'll Consider Letting Her Get Them Because Why Pay The Money For Somthing That They Might Want For A Month Or Two Then Decide They Dont Want Them Anymore And Better Yet When That Happens Make Her Earn The Money From You To Get Them Done. That Will Show Her Alittle Bit Of Responsibility As To If You Want Something You Gotta Work For It Like In The Real Word. But Anyways I Hope This Advice Helps Good Luck!!!!
Here is another fine example of a government school "education".
Danielle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Mar 28, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Im a 12 yr old girl like your daughter as well and I think that it would be totally inappropriate for her to get pierced there. Maybe when she is an adult and her breasts are fully grown maybe you can give in, but right now she needs to learn to respect you. To stop her from bothering you, maybe allow her to get a cartilage piercing which is more for her age. I'm sure she'd love it because I really love mine. By the way, why does she need her nipples pierced if no one is going to see it(unless she's been sleeping with other guys) Good luck!!!:D
Michael

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hi,
I think my opinion will contrast those of other posters here. I can understand what you are going through, and think you should give in. As you said, she previously wanted a tattoo, but compromised with the nipple piercings. While I do think 12 is a bit young, this is a fair compromise. You should let her get the piercing, allowing the child who has gone through so much to finally express herself. It is a much different world than before, and piercings are becoming more commonplace. You should respect your daughters wishes, go over the health issues with her, then take her to get the piercing. Be a loving parent!
Lillian

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I agree. Let the kid live a little!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••