Adam

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

I live in Cordelia ca. I'm a husband and father of six plus one dog. I recently purchase a home that was able to house all of us the only problem is there just a mud pit for a backyard. I'm desperate my kids have no where to play. I really need your HELP.
Jacquelyn Snider

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Why is there an age limit? My husband and I are over 50 years but truly need some help with our backyard/pool area.
Beth Newton

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Hi I guess I am pretty hip for a 53 year old,but here is the deal,my husband who drives a semi truck is gone most of the time and I am alone to try to master a backyard that I believe is unmasterable.It is too much for me to handle so I need something easy and pretty.I have a spine disease that limits what I can do.I hope you can help me.

Thank you,
Beth Newton
steve dias

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

My back yard is a mess i need help my wife and kids love to be outside but now its to dangerous theirs holes nothing but dirt i have no time and i would like something for my wife and kids to enjoy. My boys are 2 and 3 years old please can you help
Helena backchat

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

I have a back yard that only a husband could love .my husband starts thing but never finish it. My backyard has no grass. Has a hole for a juscucie but it sitting on the side of the yard then I have a fence thar half done the canyon has over grown weeds no fences in my yard mt stairs has no rails to walk down. He is so cheap and slow this yard has been this way for at least 10 yrs. and if you don't help it will stay this way for another 10 years. Helena bacich
Catherine

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Your criteria makes me very sad. Another example of age descrimination.... I guess middle aged and single is to boring? Sorry, but we baby boomers represent an important section of the population and deserve help like the "young hip couples". Ugh.... I a disgusted....
Catherine

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Too*. Sorry
Karen Schultz

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

1) Names Karen, George, Dolores & Leonard
2) Ages 56, 60, 84, 90
3) Occupations business developer, home manager, writer artist, retired electrician
4) Photo of you and your significant other (and children if you have any)will send, not sure how to attach here
5) Photo of your current will send, not sure how to attach here.
6) Type of “outdoor room” that you’d like. I have an acre lot that is an open pallet. I would like a partially covered pool with sun area as well, creek and pond, art studio and wood shop studio, outdoor kitchen and herb and vegetable garden and outdoor seating area for for building social capital in the neighborhood. Our brand new subdivision of 30 homes is a wonderful mix of neighbors from many different states and has just been completed. I hope the studio and workshop bring about many great conversations and ability to grow innovative thinking and possible entrepreneurial neighborhood opportunities, as well as give my parents the next best 10 years of their lives enjoying neighbors, sharing stories and fun projects.
7) A little bit about you! I moved my husband and parents from Chicagoland area to be near our grandchildren. I did not want to miss out on my life's role as grandma. I wanted to move my parents before they became ill or worse being able to move them on a positive note while very able yet to do so. The goal is to take care of them instead of a spending time worrying, taking care of a second property or spending double travel time to visit and insure their well being. Moving to a warmer more moderate climate with less snow and ice to deal with walking, driving, etc. To enjoy this special time, I knew, would be a challenge of adjustment but felt it was the very best choice. Since every day is precious, now compounded by age and time, I would like to work on providing an oasis my parents and husband only thought of visually. They are all great individuals of support to me in life and believe this would be a dream come true. I am also very interested in continuing what I studied and wrote about in my years of past research in life. I feel art is essential to learning and the new education programs should not be stem but steam which is much more powerful in creating the innovative, creative edge for tomorrow's generations. The hope to touch others, continue my research in building sustainable community models and be a positive ripple in life is my personal vision. Having alternative energy built into this project would be of most importance to teach others how to have this "luxury" living really provide a sustaining lifestyle. The back of the yard is a birdhaven which I would love to enhance. It is important to have a national wildlife habitat worked into a beautiful yard to share with my neighborhood. There is a young architect who is interested in the project and incorporating my wish to bring in students to observe and learn from the experience. I would love to have local highschool or college students be able to learn from the experience. That would be great to have encouraged the exposure to these elements. Yes, I am financially able to discuss the costs. I would love to see this experience open up ideas to many and be a teaching experience. Let me know if you are interested in meeting and discussing this project.
My son Geoff (30)(professional motion graphic artist/photographer)his wife Cheyenne (professional photographer) and their two children Boone (2.5) and Crew's (NB) story can be found at lovetheschultzes.com and they can artistially support this project as well. The design is to take in the shared 4 generational richness of our family that so many people are experiencing more now than ever before.
vicky

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

thanks alot dean and derrick. young and hip huh. I always wondered why there was never older people on those programs. I guess we don't count.
Lee Ladmirault

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

We have two koi ponds in our backyard. The are a complete mess. We have another inside our house that functions with large gold fish. We like the one inside. But the two outside need help. So our house is surounded with ponds. One of the ponds outside, we want filled in with dirt, plants, and grass The other we want completed. I tore down the rotted deck its now ready to be madeover. We live close to downtown in Fort Smith Arkansas. You would not know in passing that our house is really a house. It used to be and old blacksmith shop. Who would ever know that when you enter the door, you would be walking on a bridge thats over a kol pond. Then the two outside. We are in desperate need of a zen inviroment for our backyard. HELP!!!!
Chris

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

I would love to have my backyard made over, but to enter in the sweepstake you have to do a survey in what your family uses and does, I just want to enter without all the extra stuff.
Chris

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Chris wrote:
I would love to have my backyard made over, but to enter in the sweepstake you have to do a survey in what your family uses and does, I just want to enter without all the extra stuff.
Other wise we have a backyard that slopes and full of weeds and blackberry vines, the fence is in bad shape, we would like to have help.
Adrienne Jeffries

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

My back yard is big ; when I first move in my house I dream of a big summing pool a fix up back yard so my kids can enjoy them self's ( I have 5 children's and now they grown up I never got a chance to fix it up ) they have children i have 3 grandkids and 2 on the way and now am dreaming again
Brian and Niki Gregory

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

We would love a backyard. We have 8 kids, 5 adopted with special needs. Two of our children are in wheelchairs. Our home isn't spacious so having a family oriented backyard would be a dream for us all. We spend alot of time at home due to our childrens disabilities. Family and friends come up to our home because it is so hard for us to go our especially without a wheelchair vehicle. We would love a backyard where the kids could cool off, a wheelchair adaptable swing and an outdoor covered kitchen area where we could spend time together as a family. As it stand now our kids are forced to stay inside out of the hot or cold weather. My husband works alot of hours so the 10 grand is there just not the timel
Roger in Horsham PA

Havertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Hello...
I am actually taking a chance to reach out to see if your show would consider doing a makeover of my property in Horsham PA.
I have a unique issue with my yard....BAMBOO!!!!!! Between my neighbors house and mine, there is at least 40 - 60 feet of wild, amazon, bamboo at least 2 stories tall. Separating the bamboo from my yard is a 6 ft privacy fence (with a small black mulch garden running the length of the fence).
Here's my problem: the Bamboo is growing UNDER my property and shooting growths up through the garden, and the LEAVES are falling off the bamboo from above and leaving my black mulch garden covered with DEAD BROWN leaves! On top of this, I have a deteriorating wood shed that the bamboo (from beneath) has grown up through and separated the back plywood from the base/floor of the shed, a very old wood swingset and poor drainage in parts of my "Pizza shaped" back yard.
I am too embarrased to have company over because of how aweful the garden looks covered with DEAD bamboo leaves constantly falling. And the more I try to cut them back, the more the bamboo replaces the cut pieces with additional bambo stalks! Even the roots growing underground have tried to grow OVER and onto a stone patio of mine....it is so aggressive, and I have succombed to the bamboo :(
I can even send you pictures as well if you provide me an email.
Please help!
Roger Hornby
P.S. I am very close to buying a Panda!:) I don't know what else to do and my back yard is a mess because of it.
Farm Girl

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Our nieghbors lost their home to fire last winter.They were LUCKY to get out alive! Thank goodness for insurance, as it helped to replace their home.
This spring they started working on their yard. They put alot of hours and hard work into making it a beautiful show place. It was absolutely gorgeous!
They came home from work on Wednesday to find it completely destroyed, by their neighbors 19 pigs! It has just made the whole community sick for these people. The owners of these pigs don't think
it is their fault!
If any one deserves a makeover these folks do.
Their name is Linda & Dale Chase from Roblin,Manitoba Canada. Please help them!
brenda pellegrino

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

I am the 64yearold mother of the greatest son in the world. In January I had my third open heart surgery . I can no longer work . my son just bougth this house that needed a lot of work. he said just come and stay here with me . his house has a small apartment attached. he worked really hard to get it ready for us . in the meantime he neglected his own house . we have been working hard to get it done . the back yard is a mess . I fear it will never get done . if I had the money I would do it. I love him so much . he works really hard. HELP HELP HELP.
yak

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

I do not meet the age criteria but I will tell you I have the greatest palate you could ever work with. People love it the way it is but I know what it could be. Me and my husband are retired but I would like my backyard dream to come true. We are both creative and would like to see our yard as the resort it could be.I have photos to show the great palate you would be working with.
Diane

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

I am a single mom that is a dwarf in wimberley texas. I work 40 hours a week between dance and MMA practice it is very hard to maintain my yard. Being only four foot tall with back and hip issues it makes it very difficult for me to go out there and work. I would love a very low maintenance yard that would be easy on me and my body. It is full of rocks and grassburs. Please consider me and my daughter to have a yard makeover.

Sincerely
Diane Lewis
Norma Hulse

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

All I want is my husbands outdoor kitchen finished .. He started it a few years ago and has stuff to finish. But is always helping others like my mother and our church and doesn't have time to finish and he deserves it to be finished ... Just need help finishing but I am 50 and he is 53 .... Isn't there a show that can help with just the finish of a kitchen ?? Don't need anything thing else fancy but he deserves this help

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••