Segars-Andrews Mental Health Now In Question

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2014
Naughty Lawyers

United States

#1 Dec 22, 2009
Family Court Judge Segars-Andrews is quite clearly suffering from a great amount of stress over the JMSC findings of fact; that she is not a real judge and must be replaced with someone who is actually qualified.

It further appears that Segars-Andrews' mental health is now in question. It doesn't seem wise letting her preside over any more court hearings until this matter laid to rest.

Additionally, I suggest that Segars-Andrews immediately seek out mental health treatment by a qualified team of psychiatrist. Perhaps a telephone call over to MUSC's Institute of Psychiatry will bring good news that they have available bed space in their locked unit for the Charlie?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bug Spray

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2009
SC judge sues to overturn ruling she's unqualified

The Associated Press
Published Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Comments (0)| Recommend (0)Email Article | Print Article | Feeds || Search the Archive
Related Content
http://www.postandcourier.com CHARLESTON, S.C. A Family Court judge in Charleston has sued in the South Carolina Supreme Court, hoping to overturn a panel's finding that she is unqualified.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reported Wednesday that Family Court Judge F.P. "Charlie" Segars-Andrews is asking the state Supreme Court to void a selection commission's decision. Unless the decision is overturned, lawmakers could not consider re-electing her for another six year term next year.

The commission voted 7-3 to find Segars-Andrews unqualified because of her work in a Clarendon County divorce case in which the ex-husband asked her to remove herself from the case because of her husband's ties to the attorney representing the man's ex-wife. She denies any wrongdoing.

The Supreme Court first must decide whether to hear the case.
lillycollette

Mount Pleasant, SC

#3 Dec 24, 2009
See, http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/disp...

I believe the Supreme's may have already addressed this issue.
lillycollette

Mount Pleasant, SC

#4 Dec 24, 2009
http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/disp...

CHIEF JUSTICE TOAL: The trial court found that the issue of whether the Judicial Merit Selection Commission (Commission) properly evaluated a candidate seeking election to a circuit court seat was a nonjusticiable political question. We affirm.

[...] As the above cited statute indicates, the State Constitution, in unequivocal terms, vests the power to determine the qualifications for judicial candidates in the General Assembly. Were we to review this case, this Court would be delving into the decision making process of the very body that determines whether the members of this Court are qualified to seek election to the bench. We decline to put the judiciary in a position that would interfere with the selection of its very own members. Accordingly, we hold that the issue of whether Mullen was properly qualified is a nonjusticiable political question.
Itsaboutx

United States

#5 Dec 24, 2009
Lilly: very interesting. Thank you for the link. I'm curious to see how Toal rules on the suit filed by Mrs. Andrews.
lillycollette

Mount Pleasant, SC

#6 Dec 25, 2009
Itsaboutx wrote:
Lilly: very interesting. Thank you for the link. I'm curious to see how Toal rules on the suit filed by Mrs. Andrews.
They all know that proceeding under law and equity as Segars-Andrews stated in her petition REQUIRES clean hands. And everybody knows that a haz-mat team couldn't clean that creature up.
Batman

Sumter, SC

#7 Dec 26, 2009
For just and righteous citizens of Gotham City (Charleston), Batman has come to town and is in the process of taking names and kicking the crooked mafia villans butt. Batman as we know are Senator McConnell and the Judicary Merit Selection Committee members who found Judge Segars-Andrews unqualified to sit on the bench. It looks like our modern day Gotham City (Charleston) villains are actually contained of judges and lawyers, who have their crooked network set up very similar to the mafia in the Godfather. I would like to let everyone from Gotham City (Charleston) know that the Post and Courier Newspaper may not stand behind its citizens rather be bought by the mafia and publish biased news stories on the mafia's terms. The State Newspaper is not a bunch of yellow belly villains journalists and will stand behind the citizens of the state of South Carolina. They have chosen to publish the Post and Courier articles also, so we may leave comments concerning F.P. Charlie Segars-Andrews being Deflocked (Unseated and Unrobed). So you better watch out or Batman will UNMASK YOU NEXT!
itsaboutx

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2009

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hot News

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2009
Segars-Andrews is not alone! you could fill a barge with others from charleston county. the commission removed Segars for unethical conduct... what about probate judge irv condon who is responsible of his underlings that violated judge youngs orders, limitations and restrictions place on them in october 2005... the victims are still suffering.. the Supreme Court removed the authority of Condon and one attorney.. judge Dennis remanded the case the appeal and all motions back to Condon and then they sent the case to judge mary blunt in summerville... who used the orders from the rotten history and get this .. until I exposed the relationship.. Blunt's attorney was Ben Mack while I was paying Mack to rep my mother... Among themselves... these lawyers see no problems and have not objections.... they clients however have another opinion.. of which we were not even allowed to express... Soon I hope Judge Irv Condon (and his Associates), and Judge Blunt join the fait of Judge Segars-Andrews...They all violated sc code 62-1-308(c) and 15-75-20 and 15-75-60 to boot... I think i will try to turn Segars-Andrews case into a class action of court victims versus corrupt lawyers who impersonate the duties of judgeship in SC.. Join me anyone. Find us at Charleston County Probate Appeal REMANDED by Judge Dennis April 18 2008 case No. 2007-CP-10-4141 and make sure to read the way they hide my indictment of their behavior as the clerk listed the evidence as MISC documents... you can contact the Knight Family Class Action Committee at mildred.knight@comcast.net or constgrp@comcast.net
BadJudgesSuck

United States

#13 Feb 2, 2010
Naughty Lawyers wrote:
Family Court Judge Segars-Andrews is quite clearly suffering from a great amount of stress over the JMSC findings of fact; that she is not a real judge and must be replaced with someone who is actually qualified.
It further appears that Segars-Andrews' mental health is now in question. It doesn't seem wise letting her preside over any more court hearings until this matter laid to rest.
Additionally, I suggest that Segars-Andrews immediately seek out mental health treatment by a qualified team of psychiatrist. Perhaps a telephone call over to MUSC's Institute of Psychiatry will bring good news that they have available bed space in their locked unit for the Charlie?
She is a very sick puppy..... a dr jekyll and mr hyde type personality.
djslkt

Columbia, SC

#15 Mar 4, 2010
Segars Andrews ignored the fact that my son 9 years old got molested by someone while in his mother's care. She threatened to ruin my attorney's career and caused him not to be able to effectively represent me. She would not let us rebut any testimony that was given by unethical attorney Joseph P Cerato. Whom she colluded with just hours after an ex parte meeting with Cerato, she reversed a previous order granting me custody of my kids until this hearing. It wasn't until she found out who the lawyer was (Cerato) that she reversed her original decision. She allowed Cerato to present libelous and fraudulent testimony. She needs to be gone one way or another.
Lilly Collette

Mount Pleasant, SC

#16 Mar 4, 2010
"CHUCKIE" Segars-Andrews is COMPETENT enough to stand trial for her crimes.
Joe The Burger Man

Stuart, FL

#17 Mar 4, 2010
She sucks
This Is Shocking

Providence, UT

#18 Jul 11, 2014
djslkt wrote:
Segars Andrews ignored the fact that my son 9 years old got molested by someone while in his mother's care. She threatened to ruin my attorney's career and caused him not to be able to effectively represent me. She would not let us rebut any testimony that was given by unethical attorney Joseph P Cerato. Whom she colluded with just hours after an ex parte meeting with Cerato, she reversed a previous order granting me custody of my kids until this hearing. It wasn't until she found out who the lawyer was (Cerato) that she reversed her original decision. She allowed Cerato to present libelous and fraudulent testimony. She needs to be gone one way or another.
There needs to be a movie made about this corrupt judge!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Southeastern Property And Equity Manage... 21 hr Criminal Slumlords 2
Debate: Ferguson - Charleston, SC Wed anonymous does good 8
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Wed NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Justin Chambers Wed MommaT 2
Special Report part 4: The violence at home Aug 23 concerned 1
S.C. education department out of the loop in wr... Aug 22 MikeF 4
HistoryMakers oral history archive more than ha... Aug 22 paddyomalley 1
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••