CutieT

Morehead, KY

#1 Jul 8, 2014
Hi we are coming to charleston in a couple weeks. I was hoping I could get some feed back about what to do and what's not worth the time. Where to stay? Also ive heard that market street is a must see and do. thoughts ??? Anything anyone could add would be appreciated thank you
Judicial Watch

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 8, 2014
We enjoyed the view of the harbor from Fort Moultrie, and exploring the old fort. Its on Sullivans Island. The seafood on Shem creek is great, too.
CutieT

Morehead, KY

#3 Jul 9, 2014
Judicial Watch wrote:
We enjoyed the view of the harbor from Fort Moultrie, and exploring the old fort. Its on Sullivans Island. The seafood on Shem creek is great, too.
Thank you
Need Information

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 14, 2015
We are taking a cruise out of Charleston soon. We were told the parking at the Port is $17 a day and up. Is this correct? Are there other safe areas that you can park and not have to pay this high rate?
Summerville

Summerville, SC

#5 Jan 14, 2015
Need Information wrote:
We are taking a cruise out of Charleston soon. We were told the parking at the Port is $17 a day and up. Is this correct? Are there other safe areas that you can park and not have to pay this high rate?
There is a parking garage about a half mile from the port and the daily rates are cheaper, but it's a hike to get to the port over uneven sidewalks. If you're coming into town a day or two before, you might want to see if any hotel offers shuttle service to the port if you stay the night with them. Parking is at a premium downtown so your choices basically boil down to a parking garage.

In regards to safety, downtown around the market is a very safe place. I've been down there at all times of day and never had a problem. Charleston lives on tourism so that area is also patrolled very well.

I've taken several cruises and the parking is outrageous no matter where I go. I wish I had better news for you. If there's anything else I can answer for you about Charleston or it's surrounding areas though, please let me know.
Need Information

Morristown, TN

#6 Jan 15, 2015
Summerville Thank you for your time, I guess we will just have to pay the Port parking fee and enjoy.. Have a great day
John Wilson

Charleston, SC

#7 Feb 5, 2015
CutieT wrote:
Hi we are coming to charleston in a couple weeks. I was hoping I could get some feed back about what to do and what's not worth the time. Where to stay? Also ive heard that market street is a must see and do. thoughts ??? Anything anyone could add would be appreciated thank you
Upper King St is a great place for night life. Historical tours are great (either by Carriage or Bus). Ft. Moultrie on Sullivans Island is part of Ft. Sumter National Monument and even more interesting. It's free. Great restaurants on King & East Bay Streets. The SC Aquarium & Charleston Museum are both good. You really need a week or so to see the sites.
Heavens to Betsy

Columbia, SC

#8 Feb 8, 2015
CutieT wrote:
Don't come to Charleston, hell is breaking loose as we speak. Stay home.

Sweepyface

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#9 Mar 23, 2015
Did everyone survive?
Gobbler47

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 24, 2015
Summerville wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a parking garage about a half mile from the port and the daily rates are cheaper, but it's a hike to get to the port over uneven sidewalks. If you're coming into town a day or two before, you might want to see if any hotel offers shuttle service to the port if you stay the night with them. Parking is at a premium downtown so your choices basically boil down to a parking garage.
In regards to safety, downtown around the market is a very safe place. I've been down there at all times of day and never had a problem. Charleston lives on tourism so that area is also patrolled very well.
I've taken several cruises and the parking is outrageous no matter where I go. I wish I had better news for you. If there's anything else I can answer for you about Charleston or it's surrounding areas though, please let me know.
Transferring to summerville from NY, specifically Summerville Station rental community. ie. Crime, traffic, and over all friendliness. any info of the area would be greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Black Man's Life DOES MATTER!!! 13 hr IsiahJacobb59 8
The city of Charleston is hopelessly evil and w... 13 hr Uh-huh 5
C.S.R.A. Businesses are corrupt & can't keep go... Jul 23 Naump T 1
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Jul 21 Go Blue Forever 337
Why is there a disabled vehicle on a bridge alm... Jul 21 josephbarkley 1
When it rains... Jul 20 chaz2016 1
News In Your Backyard: Stumphouse Tunnel Park a cool... Jul 19 Vincent 5

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages