Lady in Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

I am only waiting for the day that I can eat something from the bakery. The rest of my family all say the donuts are wonderful. I only get flavored water from there now but must say that it is good and chilled.

Benton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

They can't count change, they shorted me a dollar and when I told him, he acted like I was cheating him. He got all pissy (older guy) and gave me the dollar. Didn't have much a selection the day I was there anyway, what bakery only has donuts, donut holes and long johns? and yes I smelled like sweet grease all day long, everywhere I went people said "You went to the bakery this morning" I do not want to smell like grease all day. They got alot of work to do if they are gonna make it. They should consider a delivery service -$1.00 if it's uptown (walking distance) and $2.00 if they have to drive and print out menu's and price list and take to local business's or put in the paper or on facebook. Marketing sells stuff. I guarantee you post pictures of fresh warm donuts in the morning and people would buy. The flashing sign outside of Krispy Kreme is like a beacon calling people in. Dang, now I want a warm Krispy Kreme donut.

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

guest wrote:
They can't count change, they shorted me a dollar and when I told him, he acted like I was cheating him. He got all pissy (older guy) and gave me the dollar. Didn't have much a selection the day I was there anyway, what bakery only has donuts, donut holes and long johns? and yes I smelled like sweet grease all day long, everywhere I went people said "You went to the bakery this morning" I do not want to smell like grease all day. They got alot of work to do if they are gonna make it. They should consider a delivery service -$1.00 if it's uptown (walking distance) and $2.00 if they have to drive and print out menu's and price list and take to local business's or put in the paper or on facebook. Marketing sells stuff. I guarantee you post pictures of fresh warm donuts in the morning and people would buy. The flashing sign outside of Krispy Kreme is like a beacon calling people in. Dang, now I want a warm Krispy Kreme donut.
What kind of bakery delivers donuts? I've never heard if one.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

One that will do anything to stay in business. Small towns are tough for new businesses. I see there are cake pictures posted today, but no prices, I am afraid to ask how much. Must be high or they would have posted prices.

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Guest wrote:
One that will do anything to stay in business. Small towns are tough for new businesses. I see there are cake pictures posted today, but no prices, I am afraid to ask how much. Must be high or they would have posted prices.
You are on crack. Give me names of small town bakeries that deliver. I've lived in several towns and NONE of them delivered!! If you think their prices are so high, don't go there! I for one am excited to have a bakery in town and so must a lot of other people since it is always busy in the mornings!!!!

Escalon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

support local business wrote:
Expensive you got to be kidding me, Matt Jackson said he got a dozen doughnut holes, 6 or 7 bigger donuts, and a thing of milk for like a $1.47. This is the best place in Charleston to eat!!! I'm going as soon as they open!!! It's about time Charleston gets a decent place. Support this business. We all can afford a couple of bucks! Keep this one here, show up everyday!!!!
He only got 1/2 dozen doughnut holes and a thing of milk for $1.47 or so. The other doughnuts were on another day.

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

Judged:

wow... you ppl are ridiculous talking about other ppl.. ive known both matt and bobby for a good while and bobby isnt gonna just "give" free crap away.. you all are adults and yall are talking like little children..

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

support local business wrote:
Expensive you got to be kidding me, Matt Jackson said he got a dozen doughnut holes, 6 or 7 bigger donuts, and a thing of milk for like a $1.47. This is the best place in Charleston to eat!!! I'm going as soon as they open!!! It's about time Charleston gets a decent place. Support this business. We all can afford a couple of bucks! Keep this one here, show up everyday!!!!
Guess he needs a few more holes,

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, now I understand. Matt Jackson needs to keep his mouth shut about any business in town if he wants the business to stay in business. The owner needs to run him off now if he wants to succeed. Apparently Matt is just a free loader that wants to play big shot and will only hurt this guys chance of being successful in Charleston. Believe me you have sonmeone that goes around saying things like "I got this or I did that" in Charleston everyone expects at least what they heard or better. Good Luck Main Street Sweets!! Run off the dead beats now and before it's too late!! Hope you make sweet memories for 50 years or so in Charleston!!
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

guest wrote:
wow... you ppl are ridiculous talking about other ppl.. ive known both matt and bobby for a good while and bobby isnt gonna just "give" free crap away.. you all are adults and yall are talking like little children..
No one was acting childish, as far as I read. They were just stating that it was possible that the owner and Matt Jackson were close and he could have been given free stuff... But Matt does talk a lot, so it is possible that he's going around bragging like a big shot.

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was acting childish, as far as I read. They were just stating that it was possible that the owner and Matt Jackson were close and he could have been given free stuff... But Matt does talk a lot, so it is possible that he's going around bragging like a big shot.
Well, Matt's not going around bragging. Nothing was given to him free so I think that's the point that the person you commented on was trying to make. And saying someone needs to be run off from businesses so they can stay open is a little childish, don't you think?

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

This site could be great to give constructive criticism or promote business for great new businesses such as main street sweets if there wasn't so much garbage added into the forums. It's a little frustrating when you try to read people's comments on a business and most of the topic has been pointed towards someone that apparently isn't even on this site to defend themselves.

I think main street sweets is great, and I hope they keep having an abundance of great customers who will visit them regularly!!!
SouthernGal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

I had a cake from there and it was amazing!! Its nice to have a real bakery in this area.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

SouthernGal wrote:
I had a cake from there and it was amazing!! Its nice to have a real bakery in this area.
How much is a cake there? I saw pictures on fb but no prices.
Loxcal

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

Judged:

Maybe the owners of the bakery should practice what they preach and shop locally if they want local business.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Matt's not going around bragging. Nothing was given to him free so I think that's the point that the person you commented on was trying to make. And saying someone needs to be run off from businesses so they can stay open is a little childish, don't you think?
Yes mommy & daddy. We hear you, lol. Why do you defend a grown man? Oh that's right - he isn't. And for such important citizens, why hide on topix?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes mommy & daddy. We hear you, lol. Why do you defend a grown man? Oh that's right - he isn't. And for such important citizens, why hide on topix?
I'm not his mom or his dad. gee don't you feel smart now!
Citizen

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

Hope this place stays for awhile
yeayeah

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, heaven forbid someone have to pay 50 cents for a fresh donut! Geez, some people always want something for nothing.
they are .65 each
what

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

buy local

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston