Mary Beth Pixie Hellyer Hale Grismore...

Mary Beth Pixie Hellyer Hale Grismore 1978 Murder

Posted in the Chariton Forum

Knowledge Seeker

Shepardsville, IN

#1 Jul 7, 2011
I ran across an article about 6 months ago regarding the Mary Beth Grismore murder back in 1978. She was found dead in a car in Ohio according to the story. I would like to know if there is any more research out there or any further investigation into what is apparently still an unsolved case involving Indiana, Ohio and possibly Iowa. The most recent info I discovered indicated her family was from Chariton Iowa and the last name Hellyer. If anyone has any info or verifiable facts please post them in this forum.
Why are you asking

Davenport, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2011
What is your interest in this case?
Radar OReilly

Nashville, IN

#3 Oct 8, 2011

Since: Mar 13

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 3, 2013
Why are you asking wrote:
Why do you ask? are you afraid someone will find out who the murder is?

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 3, 2013
Knowledge Seeker wrote:
I ran across an article about 6 months ago regarding the Mary Beth Grismore murder back in 1978. She was found dead in a car in Ohio according to the story. I would like to know if there is any more research out there or any further investigation into what is apparently still an unsolved case involving Indiana, Ohio and possibly Iowa. The most recent info I discovered indicated her family was from Chariton Iowa and the last name Hellyer. If anyone has any info or verifiable facts please post them in this forum.
Mary Beth's maiden name was Hellyer. She first married a Robert Hale of Marshall, IN - they divorced and she later married a man by the last name of Grismore.(first name??) he was from her home town in Iowa. She had two kids by her First husband Robert, both boys, I dont know their names.
- Her parents are Robert and Barbara Hellyer of Chariton, Iowa
so far some sick animal has gotten away with murder....

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 3, 2013
Why are you asking wrote:
Because dipshit inquiring minds would like to know.
archy

Bicknell, IN

#8 Jul 11, 2016
Hootengobber wrote:
<quoted text>
* she later married a man by the last name of Grismore.(first name??)*
David. He passed away in 1996.
* he was from her home town in Iowa.*
Almost. He was from the nearby town of Chariton, where he was a farmer. Pixie's family was from nearby Corydon, where she's buried.
* She had two kids by her First husband Robert, both boys, I dont know their names.
- Her parents are Robert and Barbara Hellyer of Chariton, Iowa*
Her mom Barb passed away about two years back. She had an adopted brother who died a couple of years before her murder.
so far some sick animal has gotten away with murder....
Or animals, plural.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chariton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Dean Long Jan '17 butterfly10161964 2
News Furbearer season starts Saturday (May '14) Feb '15 Francesco Sinibaldi 4
Bible Holiness Church (Oct '14) Oct '14 Curious 1
News Winter storm: What you need to know now (Sep '14) Sep '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
News John Buttz returns to Corydon to rebuild (Apr '14) Apr '14 tammy bennett 1
News Tasing Trouble: Restrained Woman Tased (May '12) Jul '12 chariton citizen 8
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Chariton, IA (Aug '11) Aug '11 Jenny Hutchison 1

Chariton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chariton Mortgages