WATER WARNING: Wayne County driver ig...

WATER WARNING: Wayne County driver ignores warning and learns lesso...

There are 4 comments on the WHOtv story from Jul 22, 2010, titled WATER WARNING: Wayne County driver ignores warning and learns lesso.... In it, WHOtv reports that:

All the rain is flooding roads across the state. A woman in southern Iowa learned the dangers of ignoring the warning signs and driving through the water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Proofer

Davenport, IA

#1 Jul 22, 2010
"If you can't see the road or the lines on the road, drivers should go through the water."

Um. Perhaps you meant: "should NOT go through the water."

That's a fairly crucial oversight in proofing, WHO.
Masterbating Navigator

Ankeny, IA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
My pickup will go through 8 feet of water.
Really

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jul 23, 2010
No wonder people like to try and make it?
"If you can't see the road or the lines on the road, drivers should go through the water." Good luck :)
Um Yeah

Fort Dodge, IA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
Good Call 'Proofer' and 'Really'. The spell check won't catch everything.

You'd think people would have learned by now NOT to drive through standing water - you never know what has been washed away or what's under the surface of that water. There's a reason they put those warnings up; glad she didn't learn the hard way with a bad injury or her life.

I hope other people's insurance rates don't go up because of people like this woman who think their cars have superpowers or something. I'm no mechanic but water in an engine is not good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chariton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Dean Long (Jan '17) Jan '17 butterfly10161964 2
Mary Beth Pixie Hellyer Hale Grismore 1978 Murder (Jul '11) Jul '16 archy 7
News Furbearer season starts Saturday (May '14) Feb '15 Francesco Sinibaldi 4
Bible Holiness Church (Oct '14) Oct '14 Curious 1
News Winter storm: What you need to know now (Sep '14) Sep '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
News John Buttz returns to Corydon to rebuild (Apr '14) Apr '14 tammy bennett 1
News Tasing Trouble: Restrained Woman Tased (May '12) Jul '12 chariton citizen 8

Chariton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chariton Mortgages