Bainbridge Man Died After Being Stabbed

A domestic dispute turns deadly after police say a woman stabs her elderly husband to death. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lakeshia from cleveland

Cleveland, OH

#1 Aug 18, 2009
Divore murder investigation for writing prescription painkillers come on I can solve this case with out the FBI /Homicide Detectives I think the domestiic violence is a cover up She new what to do
mld2009

Maple Heights, OH

#2 Aug 18, 2009
Dr. Franklin was writing illegal painkiller prescriptions to my brother and a number of his friends. He would charge them roughly $300 cash each time they went to see him. Dr. Franklin would never accept insurance. He was writing numerous prescriptions for oxycotin, methadone, etc! The State Pharmacy Board should continue their investigation.

Since: Aug 09

Kent, OH

#3 Aug 18, 2009
I have never met either of these people. When I met and married my now long sinc ex husband, I was wife number 2. I couldn't believe some of the stories she told me and how she wound up in a battered woman's shelter. I found out the hard way, wound up at the same shelter. The last I heard he is on wife number 3. I have long since considered my self the lucky one. Just because the Dr seemed nice to patients, friends, family, or neighbors never heard, or saw anything......doesn't mean he wasn't doing anything.
sad family

Vermilion, OH

#4 Aug 18, 2009
mld2009 wrote:
Dr. Franklin was writing illegal painkiller prescriptions to my brother and a number of his friends. He would charge them roughly $300 cash each time they went to see him. Dr. Franklin would never accept insurance. He was writing numerous prescriptions for oxycotin, methadone, etc! The State Pharmacy Board should continue their investigation.
Your brother & his friends are drug addicts and I'm quite sure they are procuring drugs off the street and any physician they can manipulate! If you knew Dr. Franklin,(not Know of him, knew him personally or as a patient), you wouldn't say that. He was my physician for years and saved my life! He was one of the few Drs. willing to make addiction services part of his practice. I've been off narcotics for 4 years now with Dr. Peter Franklins help. He truly wanted his patients to be healthy in every aspect of their life. He, himself lived a healthy lifestyle and was physically fit for 73 yrs of age. A physician working in the discipline of addicion & rehabilitation can only be as good as their patient is honest and compliant. So, if your brother procured drugs from Dr. Frankilin, I'm quite sure he gave an oscar award winning performance of false agony. No wonder physicians don't want to practice this discipline. They need a lie detector test...ah but then there would be few patients...just the sincere ones that really want to get clean! I'm sure your brother wouldn't go. Dr. Peter Franklin was a exceptional physician, humanitarian and a kind soul. I'm sure he's in heaven now. God bless you Dr. Franklin. We'll miss you. And for your comments...go to the authorities, then maybe your brother & co. will get help. I know Dr. Franklin will be vindicated and his good name and deeds kept in tact.
home127

Akron, OH

#5 Aug 18, 2009
I was a patient of Dr. Franklin for over 20 years and he was always the kindest person. I know that there are people that due to recent publicity that think that he was a quack, but he truly was a terrific doctor and I think most of his patients feel that way.
Amy

Pataskala, OH

#6 Aug 18, 2009
Dr. Peter Franklin has been my physician for over 2 years. I owe him so much - he saved my life when I was drowning in a sea of prescription pain relievers given to me by pain doctors from a large and well known medical center in Cleveland. He worked with me to get off of the opiates that had been prescribed for me for over 3 to 4 years by another pain doctor. He was the kindest and most trusted doctor I have ever had. I always felt safe about telling him my medical and personal history. I cannot believe he is gone, murdered in cold blood. I don't believe his estranged wife's accusations. This was a man who I trusted and admired for his ability to empathize and treat my pain issues without the use of any narcotic. I will miss him so much. His "wife" has created, by her unspeakable action, more pain that is far reaching by taking this humble and trusted doctor away from his patients and myself. I cannot believe he is gone. He will be remembered with admiration and heartbreaking grief over the loss of this wonderful man. He not only saved my life, he gave it back to me after many years of living in a medically induced fog. I loved Dr. Franklin and he made a huge impact on my life.
Amy

Pataskala, OH

#7 Aug 18, 2009
mld2009 wrote:
I have never known of a pain doctor who takes insurance. Especially doctors who prescribe Suboxone. You didn't know him, your brother and buddies were there to score and take advantage. I know of a pain doctor who charges $150 in cash every month for a suboxone prescription. But, hey, you wouldn't know suboxone anyways. There are always going to be people who know how to scam a doctor into writing a script illegally. When I looked at the prescription charges of $150/month to the amounts Dr, Frankllin charged, the other doctor was much more expensive than he was.
He was a great doctor who I trusted completely. He was very much into helping my chronic pain with referrals for acupuncture, exercise, nutrition and other non-traditional medical practices. He saved my life. I hope that the DEA talk to me, because I will tell them all I know. HE WAS AN AMAZING DOCTOR.
concerned

Elyria, OH

#8 Aug 18, 2009
Dr Franklion was my PCP until he dropped all medical plans. He could not justify all the paperwork, reduced his staff to one and kept his practice as a pay as you go plan with reduced rates. Since I was paying for medical coverage I had to go to a Dr that used my insurance and sadly left Dr Franklin. He was alwasy up on the latest technology and was the first Dr that I knew that moved to a digitial office. I find it hard to believe the accusations. He was a good Dr and always concerend about my health issues.
sad family

Vermilion, OH

#9 Aug 18, 2009
I am disturbed and angry that the news coverage on Dr. Peter Franklin seems to be directed to the investigation into his medical practice ,(that has been ongoing for some time now), instead of the act of violence which resulted in his death! I'm also upset that according to the news coverage, the investigation is over with his death. I want to see this investigation finished out, then I believe Sondra Franklin will be found out. I think Ms. Franklin's high profile attorney has influenced the media to take focus off this killing and onto these unappropriate prescriptions,(that she might well have printed out herself).The Dr. & man I knew would never have condoned prescriptions for drug dealing...period! She's not only taken his life...she's also sullied his reputation! He's not here and needs an advocate! This makes me sick!
Sad

United States

#10 Aug 18, 2009
sad family wrote:
I am disturbed and angry that the news coverage on Dr. Peter Franklin seems to be directed to the investigation into his medical practice ,(that has been ongoing for some time now), instead of the act of violence which resulted in his death! I'm also upset that according to the news coverage, the investigation is over with his death. I want to see this investigation finished out, then I believe Sondra Franklin will be found out. I think Ms. Franklin's high profile attorney has influenced the media to take focus off this killing and onto these unappropriate prescriptions,(that she might well have printed out herself).The Dr. & man I knew would never have condoned prescriptions for drug dealing...period! She's not only taken his life...she's also sullied his reputation! He's not here and needs an advocate! This makes me sick!
Sad family, that is precisely what has me so angry right now.

Sandy, you might be able to temporarily distract attention from yourself, but ultimately you will be exposed for the piece of garbage that you are. WE will make certain of it.
sad family

Vermilion, OH

#11 Aug 18, 2009
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad family, that is precisely what has me so angry right now.
Sandy, you might be able to temporarily distract attention from yourself, but ultimately you will be exposed for the piece of garbage that you are. WE will make certain of it.
I am in total agreement. I am compelled to step forward on behalf of Dr. Franklin. I just hope enough people will do so on his behalf...and the truth be known.
BadDrF

Ashtabula, OH

#12 Aug 19, 2009
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never known of a pain doctor who takes insurance. Especially doctors who prescribe Suboxone. You didn't know him, your brother and buddies were there to score and take advantage. I know of a pain doctor who charges $150 in cash every month for a suboxone prescription. But, hey, you wouldn't know suboxone anyways. There are always going to be people who know how to scam a doctor into writing a script illegally. When I looked at the prescription charges of $150/month to the amounts Dr, Frankllin charged, the other doctor was much more expensive than he was.
He was a great doctor who I trusted completely. He was very much into helping my chronic pain with referrals for acupuncture, exercise, nutrition and other non-traditional medical practices. He saved my life. I hope that the DEA talk to me, because I will tell them all I know. HE WAS AN AMAZING DOCTOR.
You are obliviously going to the wrong doctors. If a doctor doesn't take insurance... there is a problem. There are many doctors you can go to to get suboxone that do take insurance. I work in a phamacy and I have seen way to many scripts come from Dr. Franklin that would kill a person if they took everything he wrote for. We obliviously did not fill the perscriptions. I am sure that he had good qualities but no moral doctor would practice in the way that he did. I also don't know his personal life ~ maybe he was cheating maybe he wasn't.... no excuse his wife shouldn't of killed him. He should of been brought down by the DEA a long time ago! There are going to be a whole lot of junkies going through detox now.
Amy

Pataskala, OH

#13 Aug 19, 2009
BadDrF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obliviously going to the wrong doctors. If a doctor doesn't take insurance... there is a problem. There are many doctors you can go to to get suboxone that do take insurance. I work in a phamacy and I have seen way to many scripts come from Dr. Franklin that would kill a person if they took everything he wrote for. We obliviously did not fill the perscriptions. I am sure that he had good qualities but no moral doctor would practice in the way that he did. I also don't know his personal life ~ maybe he was cheating maybe he wasn't.... no excuse his wife shouldn't of killed him. He should of been brought down by the DEA a long time ago! There are going to be a whole lot of junkies going through detox now.
I suggest you gather some CEU's on pain management and the current AMA's thoughts and theories on chronic pain. Purchase some journals, visit an ER and find out their latest thinking on treating pain effectively. They pass out dilaudid (sp?) like water. Many hospitals are now making sure that patients are in the least amount of pain. Some have goals of making sure they treat patient pain to satisfy JCAHO expectations. The man dead. And since you are working in a pharmacy and speak of "a whole lot of junkies going through detox now" - tells me alot about you.
A man is dead. His wife stuck a knife in his chest and you are happy about this...? You sure do redefine health care professionalism.
Tell the truth

Chagrin Falls, OH

#14 Aug 19, 2009
I believe that a lot of these posts we're reading (like BadDrF's) are fake, and are nothing more than part of a strategy to keep the focus and discussion off of the murderess and to sully the reputation of the doctor in the public's eye. Not all of them, but a lot.

I made a remark yesterday, Sad Family, which upset you. I apologize, as it was not my intention to insult you or any other legitimate commenters. My remark was directed at those posters who appear to only be here to "spin" the discussion & influence opinion against Dr. Franklin.
Concerned

Elyria, OH

#15 Aug 19, 2009
Tell the truth wrote:
I believe that a lot of these posts we're reading (like BadDrF's) are fake, and are nothing more than part of a strategy to keep the focus and discussion off of the murderess and to sully the reputation of the doctor in the public's eye. Not all of them, but a lot.
I made a remark yesterday, Sad Family, which upset you. I apologize, as it was not my intention to insult you or any other legitimate commenters. My remark was directed at those posters who appear to only be here to "spin" the discussion & influence opinion against Dr. Franklin.
I like your statement and the next thing that will happen is the defense will ask for a trial out of Geauga County. I believe she murdered the Dr for his money!
Tell the truth

Chagrin Falls, OH

#16 Aug 19, 2009
Yes, Concerned, I was thinking about the change of venue request also!
former patient

Willoughby, OH

#17 Aug 19, 2009
the reason i am a former patient is because of his bitch of a wife. she was very rude to people. i didnt have insurance and she wouldnt take my 10.00 a month payment. she said i had to find another doctor. dr franklin was always very caring and thorough to me. he saved my life a few yrs back. i wouldnt be here now if it wasnt for him. the bitch sandy should get life for what she has done. its just very sad. he will be missed. he's in a better place now.
Sad

United States

#18 Aug 19, 2009
sad family, former patient, amy, and ANYBODY that does not want to see her get away with this: PLEASE LISTEN UP! Contact the Geauga county authorities by letter, phone, and e-mail. Explain your concerns, and FIRMLY REQUEST THAT THE GEAUGA COUNTY CORONER TAKE OVER THE INVESTIGATION FROM BAINBRIDGE. If they want to know of your dealings with Sandy, TELL THEM. No need to exaggerate of hold back. Just give them something to work with. Sorry for the drama, but this is the truth & you need to step up.
Sad

United States

#19 Aug 19, 2009
Make sure you pass the word along to others.
karmageneral

United States

#20 Aug 19, 2009
If he had lived they could have both gone to prison eventually for unscrupulous medical practices. He did not deserve to be stabbed. No one deserves that for the love of god. But these two were bad apples.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chardon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 31,021
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Escaped school shooter TJ Lane had 'Highest lev... Sep 13 car mat 1
TJ Lane with boyfriend? Sep 11 watchman 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mentor, OH (Jul '10) Aug 18 Becky 22
Stove need fixed Aug '14 sue 2
Debate: Marijuana - Mentor, OH (Aug '10) Aug '14 Seven Costanza 43
•••
•••
•••

Chardon Jobs

•••
•••
•••