Warrant awaits fatal crash driver

Apr 15, 2008 Full story: The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio 6

“And she will be arrested after she is discharged from the hospital”

A warrant for Angela Ball's arrest sits on Ohio State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jared Sutton's desk, waiting to be signed by a judge. via The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio

Full Story
Richard Scott Turner

Erie, PA

#1 Apr 19, 2008
I'm the son of Richard W. Turner that was killed on 4-08-08 and appalled to see that Judge Stevens of the Western County Court keeps letting criminals such as Angela Ball keep falling though the cracks. He has dimissed countless charges against her and lets someone with a record such as hers go on a personal recognisance bond or 10% of $2000.00 which is a meager $200.00. I can't figure out how she had a license being that she was arrested in Feb, 08 for driving under suspension. Can anyone answer that? I think someone should run against Stevens in the next election,because it doesn't seem to me that he's doing a very good job. Could it be that they are drinking buddies or something to that effect? I would be more than willing to talk to anyone on this subject and welcome people to check out Angelas court dockets online through the Western County Court website. If Stevens would have done his job my Dad wouldn't be six feet under right now! Don't let this case die along with my Dad and let's all fight for some stiffer penalties. Kill someone with a gun and do life, do it with a vehicle your talking 5 to 7 years where's the justice there? First DUI and do a class? What a joke! If you are a person that drives under the influence you have no idea how many lives you can possibly effect. The person you kill doesn't feel the pain anymore it's the people who loves them that does. Does anyone care?
Scott
Green

Jamestown, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2008
Scott-
I wish to express my sincere condolences for the horrible and unnecessasry loss of your father.
Many people do care.
Steven

Cleveland, OH

#3 Apr 21, 2008
I agree wih Scott. Somethine should be done.
ticked off

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 25, 2008
I also think that something should be done. We need to get Judge Stevens replaced. He is very lenient on the people that are charged with alcohol related offenses. Why is that?(hint, hint). I looked into the criminal record of Angela Ball and it is quite extensive. She has had many "failure to appear" in court. But Judge Stevens found it in his heart to give her a personal recognisance bond? Then $2,000, 10% bond when she does show up?
This so called "honorable" Judge should have seen this b*t*h for what she really is and an innocent man would still be alive today.
Scott

Cleveland, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2012
I can not believe Dad has been gone for almost 5 years. How time flys' but there is hardly a second of the day I don't think of you. People are still being claimed by drunk drivers. Our laws suck!!!
Courtney Santiago

Chardon, OH

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Scott wrote:
I can not believe Dad has been gone for almost 5 years. How time flys' but there is hardly a second of the day I don't think of you. People are still being claimed by drunk drivers. Our laws suck!!!
I agree the laws fail to protect the innocent victims. I have been hit by two drunk drivers...in 1995 and in 2004. I remember hearing about your dad...it broke my heart. Knowing that these peoples carelessness damages our families. I still have anxiety to this day from my accidents. I hoped for an apology..something from the drunk drivers that hit me...but nothing..I hope she apologized to your family for what she did...God bless you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chardon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
p's Feb 20 looking 1
Looking for relatives of Bobbie McCrary Feb 16 Beth 1
Geauga sheriff won't ID shooter (Mar '08) Feb 12 INAZ 13
i eat my own poo (Jun '11) Jan '15 tomisito 20
Review: Ray Poyar Auto Sales Inc Jan '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mentor, OH (Jul '10) Jan '15 Niggtard 28
How Many Got Kilt in the School Shootout (Feb '12) Nov '14 Redneck 16
Chardon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web