Trayvon Martin and America's gun laws.

Apr 16, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.newyorker.com

Every American can be his own policeman; the country has nearly as many guns as it has people.

Just after seven-thirty on the morning of February 27th, a seventeen-year-old boy named T. J. Lane walked into the cafeteria at Chardon High School, about thirty miles outside Cleveland. It was a Monday, and the cafeteria was filled with kids, some eating breakfast, some waiting for buses to drive them to programs at other schools, some packing up for gym class. Lane sat down at an empty table, reached into a bag, and pulled out a .22-calibre pistol. He stood up, raised the gun, and fired. He said not a word.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of58
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
As if.
as if what, bill?
Viking 1

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
YES. Unfortunately, the attack on the Constitution was by the Supreme Court, who threw out HALF of the 2nd Amendment.
Explain

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a registered DEMOCRAT and HISPANIC
Oh yeah, a registered Democrat would call Sean Hannity and have a secret meeting after his father went on the show spewing racist right-wing talking points... and Marco Rubio is Hispanic as well, you freaking idiot.

Try again, LOL.
Your Ex

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Gravediggers wrote:
Another biased and slanted article from 'Mr Bill'
He's very prolific today. Must have gotten his check from the re-elect Obama Super Pac.
This one's by
Jill Lepore
Have your helper read you
the whole article

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
When the government implodes because it does not have any money to spend and the economy is trashed people are going to need those guns.
If we didn't have guns, it would be open season on whites by the blacks. It's the only thing that keeps them in check.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, a registered Democrat would call Sean Hannity and have a secret meeting after his father went on the show spewing racist right-wing talking points... and Marco Rubio is Hispanic as well, you freaking idiot.
Try again, LOL.
not one of you phony, racist, scumbag POS care one lick about this dead man and his racist black killer:

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed ...
Apr 4, 2012 ... On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, around 7:30 p.m., 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, who appears to be a white male Hispanic, was killed outside a Laveen ...
http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/2012/04/dani ...- 238k - Cached - Similar pages
Black Male Shoots Unarmed Hispanic, Remains Free, Media Mum ...
Apr 9, 2012 ... Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not Weapon: MyFoxPHOENIX. com Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not ...
http://nation.foxnews.com/daniel-adkins/2012/ ...- 39k - Cached - Similar pages
Petition: Justice for Daniel Adkins started –'white-Hispanic' shot ...
2 days ago ... My cousin Daniel Adkins was shot & killed on April 3,2012 during a heated argument,no physical force was used,my cousin was unarmed!
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/04/13/ ...- 63k - Cached - Similar pages
Justice for Daniel Adkins « Jewamongyou's Blog
4 days ago ... 20 Responses to “Justice for Daniel Adkins”. Zori Says: April 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm. Daniel Adkins death is even worse. The poor man really WAS ...
http://jewamongyou.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/j ...

lol

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Although I am happy that Trayvon’s parents, their legal team – with the help of Al Sharpton and millions of Americans got that right-wing bastard-George Zimmerman arrested for the murder of an unarmed child… there is a larger issue about guns that has to be addressed going forward. Most of these gun huggers don’t care about the tragic effects on society with so many guns available, that is until it is there child laying dead after a classmate goes on a killing rampage.
Trayvon, pos, thug in the making, gangster wanna be in training got what he deserved. More of this needs to happen.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Although I am happy that Trayvon’s parents, their legal team – with the help of Al Sharpton and millions of Americans got that right-wing bastard-George Zimmerman arrested for the murder of an unarmed child… there is a larger issue about guns that has to be addressed going forward. Most of these gun huggers don’t care about the tragic effects on society with so many guns available, that is until it is there child laying dead after a classmate goes on a killing rampage.
Are you going to go out and take them Pat?

I didn't think so.

I don't know who would.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon, pos, thug in the making, gangster wanna be in training got what he deserved. More of this needs to happen.
Of course you would express this kind of racist sentiment; only an immoral right-wing tea-bagging bigot would find pleasure in a child being murdered for walking to get candy and a soda. But you are just a bitter angry fool that is looking to try and offend; but that stupidity doesn’t work here, because that is exactly what I expect for people like you, and besides, Zimmerman is in jail where he belongs for murdering that child, and that’s all we wanted… and thanks to the parents, their lawyers, Al Sharpton and the millions of protesters, that’s what we got.
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

I agree gun laws should be strengthened after this incident. Trayvon Martin tired to murder Zimmerman. We should all be required to carry a gun.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

Screw Travon Martin!
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Curtis Lowe wrote:
I agree gun laws should be strengthened after this incident. Trayvon Martin tired to murder Zimmerman. We should all be required to carry a gun.
I used to live in that city in georgia where it was the law that every home have a gun. We did not have these sorts of incidents, come to think of it we just did not have much crime at all.
August

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
not one of you phony, racist, scumbag POS care one lick about this dead man and his racist black killer:
Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed ...
Apr 4, 2012 ... On Tuesday, April 3, 2012, around 7:30 p.m., 29-year-old Daniel Adkins, who appears to be a white male Hispanic, was killed outside a Laveen ...
http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/2012/04/dani ...- 238k - Cached - Similar pages
Black Male Shoots Unarmed Hispanic, Remains Free, Media Mum ...
Apr 9, 2012 ... Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not Weapon: MyFoxPHOENIX. com Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not ...
http://nation.foxnews.com/daniel-adkins/2012/ ...- 39k - Cached - Similar pages
Petition: Justice for Daniel Adkins started –'white-Hispanic' shot ...
2 days ago ... My cousin Daniel Adkins was shot & killed on April 3,2012 during a heated argument,no physical force was used,my cousin was unarmed!
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/04/13/ ...- 63k - Cached - Similar pages
Justice for Daniel Adkins « Jewamongyou's Blog
4 days ago ... 20 Responses to “Justice for Daniel Adkins”. Zori Says: April 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm. Daniel Adkins death is even worse. The poor man really WAS ...
http://jewamongyou.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/j ...
lol
Exactly!! Where is the justice for poor Daniel?
His story will go the same way as poor Christopher and Channon, swept under the rug because no one can profit from it.
Viking 1

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to live in that city in georgia where it was the law that every home have a gun. We did not have these sorts of incidents, come to think of it we just did not have much crime at all.
A mandate to own a gun is a good idea. However, it is probably a good idea to keep guns away from savages.
Rev Write

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Gun laws are enacted by guilt-ridden white liberals to keep the ghetto dwelling thugs from getting their heads blown off by law abiding citzens with less frequency. That is the only reason the white liberal elitists want to restrict gun ownership.
holtzhog

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

I don't know any guns that can fire or reload themselves
John AteTwelve

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would express this kind of racist sentiment; only an immoral right-wing tea-bagging bigot would find pleasure in a child being murdered for walking to get candy and a soda. But you are just a bitter angry fool that is looking to try and offend; but that stupidity doesn’t work here, because that is exactly what I expect for people like you, and besides, Zimmerman is in jail where he belongs for murdering that child, and that’s all we wanted… and thanks to the parents, their lawyers, Al Sharpton and the millions of protesters, that’s what we got.
do you ever have anything positive to say?
why you need guns

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

FARRAKHAN PRAISES PAT BUCHANAN AS A ‘GREAT REPUBLICAN’ & WARNS WHITES:‘UNLESS YOU CHANGE, YOUR END HAS COME
Viking 1

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

why you need guns wrote:
FARRAKHAN PRAISES PAT BUCHANAN AS A ‘GREAT REPUBLICAN’ & WARNS WHITES:‘UNLESS YOU CHANGE, YOUR END HAS COME
Farrakhan needs to shut his cotton pickin mouth and get back to work
lawful

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

if one of those other students had a gun, this arse may not have had a chance to shoot as many as he did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of58
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chardon Discussions

Search the Chardon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr full frontal nudity 28,479
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
Temple still relevant Jun 22 Former mayor 1
Josh pel Jun 20 Cant fool me 1
Monday's forecast: Stormy day in the North Jun 16 HAARP Chem Trail skies 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chardon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••