Half-baked? Police called on kids' cu...

Half-baked? Police called on kids' cupcake sale | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 18, 2010, titled Half-baked? Police called on kids' cupcake sale | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Some parents in a New York City suburb are upset because a local politician called police on two 13-year-old boys for selling cupcakes and other baked goods without a permit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Bays

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Seriously, this is all he has to worry about? Get a life.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 18, 2010
The law ought not be applied selectively.
Mike

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Nov 18, 2010
What an idiot this guy is, so typical of NY.
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 18, 2010
Can't believe I'm writing this, but that politician had a point. I read elsewhere that these two kids weren't selling cupcakes, etc. for charity but for profit (they want to open a restaurant someday). There's definitely nothing wrong with selling baked goods for a profit, but not in a public area like a park; otherwise the park would soon be overrun by other vendors. better the kids should sell their stuff at a flea market or farmer's market instead.
Pablo

Gap, PA

#5 Nov 18, 2010
hamburger pimp wrote:
Can't believe I'm writing this, but that politician had a point. I read elsewhere that these two kids weren't selling cupcakes, etc. for charity but for profit (they want to open a restaurant someday). There's definitely nothing wrong with selling baked goods for a profit, but not in a public area like a park; otherwise the park would soon be overrun by other vendors. better the kids should sell their stuff at a flea market or farmer's market instead.
What about yard sales?
Lemonade stands?

The governmnet is going too far. Who cares what the boys wanted to do with the profits. Would it change your mind if they were raising money so they could buy cowboy and indian costumes?
dallas

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 18, 2010
New York area has a drug dealer on every other corner, but who do they go after - kids selling cupcakes!! Imagine if they had been selling a full sized cake. They would have shown up at the kids door in full armour.
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 19, 2010
Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
What about yard sales?
Lemonade stands?
The governmnet is going too far. Who cares what the boys wanted to do with the profits. Would it change your mind if they were raising money so they could buy cowboy and indian costumes?
Yard sales and lemonade stands (at least the ones I've seen in my nabe) are on private property. I don't care why the kids were selling cupcakes either- let a thousand baked goods stands thrive, just on private property or a designated retail area like a farmer's market. And I voted for Ron Paul for president 22 years ago, so me heap bigger libertarian than you.
Pablo

Gap, PA

#8 Nov 19, 2010
hamburger pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yard sales and lemonade stands (at least the ones I've seen in my nabe) are on private property. I don't care why the kids were selling cupcakes either- let a thousand baked goods stands thrive, just on private property or a designated retail area like a farmer's market. And I voted for Ron Paul for president 22 years ago, so me heap bigger libertarian than you.
I can agree with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chappaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inaugu... Sat ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 90
News Hillary Clinton for New York mayor? Sat West 11th 92
News Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser:... Jan 16 Wholly Silicon Wafer 31
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Jan 3 Moe 40
Hillary, You Have Loretta Lynch & Bill Clinton ... Dec 25 Old Tranny Micheal 4
to whom it may concern (Dec '11) Dec '16 scumbagliars 56
Garage sale Clinton estate Dec '16 Ellison ISIS Muslim 1

Chappaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chappaqua Mortgages