Vallejo's own 'Jaws' is top dog at Co...

Vallejo's own 'Jaws' is top dog at Coney Island; rival left howling

There are 8 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Jul 5, 2010, titled Vallejo's own 'Jaws' is top dog at Coney Island; rival left howling. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

A Japanese eating champion who sat out this year's Coney Island Fourth of July hot dog contest apparently couldn't resist the temptation to hotdog afterward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

BART PD

Lafayette, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2010
How is it that every news report on television say he is from San Jose? I know he is from Vallejo, is he the one that does not want the connection or is the media doing this? Once again Vallejo gets short changed.
wyjomo

Vallejo, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2010
He was raised in Vallejo, but lives and goes to school in San Jose. The IFOCE asked him where he lives and he said "San Jose", and they've introduced him that way ever since. He is proud of his connection to Vallejo! If you have a chance to see the CBS Sunday Morning piece on him done by Bill Geist you'll see him wearing his VHS marching band uniform and his Mom interviewed right here on Florida St. Just Google CBS News Sunday Morning and go to Bill Geist- July 4th, 2010. It's actually pretty fun.
Vallejoan 4 Life

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jul 5, 2010
I didn't know he is from Vallejo. Cool, good for him...even if it is an eating contest...a winner is a winner...;-) Go Jaws!!
SeanB

Downey, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2010
Another example of the athletes the "V" produces!! Go "Jaws"
This Reporter Sucks

Rodeo, CA

#6 Jul 5, 2010
this reporter's article title is a joke
wyjomo

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jul 6, 2010
yeah, I think it was supposed to be.
Frank

United States

#8 Jul 6, 2010
I waited two hours behind this guy in line at Sacs hotdogs on Springs Road. The line was out the door and down the street. OTHER PEOPLE WANT HOT DOGS TOO!!! I hope he stays in Coney Island so the rest of us can eat. Damn it!!
wyjomo

Vallejo, CA

#9 Jul 7, 2010
Frank, that was a funny post and you have the perfect name for writing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chappaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Helicopter carrying WWE exec makes emergency oc... 19 hr Pollking 3
Abandoned Warburg Rothschild estates (Oct '16) Jul 13 ecmd 2
best pizza in town of yorktown Jul 11 Van Buren St Guy 4
Looking for Patrick Navas (Jun '15) Jul 6 KnewNavasFromPrison 2
Ossining Attorney involed in shenanigans? (Sep '16) Jul 6 Molly 11
prison for dr. frederick winston (Feb '15) Jun 29 patient 2
Review: Carolyn V Minter Law Offices (Jun '09) Jun 28 Sarita 10

Chappaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance