Most Notorious Criminals in Southern ...

Most Notorious Criminals in Southern W.V. History

Posted in the Chapmanville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lets See

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Who are some of the most famous criminals/high profile cases in Southern W.V. history? Off the top of my head, I would say that the Megan William's case ranks up there pretty high.
crime

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2010
the ezra butcher murder at godby was at the time high profile. i don't know if they ever found out who did it.
by the way this was a very interesting topic.
rumj11

Clear Spring, MD

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Dana December Smith, he should make the list. Didn't he kill a mother and daughter near Hamlin? He was from Logan County. Pure peice of shit. Or the Santa Claus gang. The motorcycle hoods from this area that murdered Susie Fortuna for informing on them.
blazay

United States

#4 Jun 21, 2010
how bout the gangster school teacher that robbed that drug store? i dont remember his name. happened in around 04?
Once and for all

Chapmanville, WV

#5 Jun 21, 2010
How about Willis Stollings who shot his girl In front of everyone at the bar in Mt Gay. And his new wife got him on parole who works in the Courthouse.
Or Carl Goff getting away with murder. Or Billy Brennan getting manslaughter instead of murder because Sheriff Hunter tainted half the evidence, just to name a few.
1 post removed
buttz

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jun 21, 2010
earl " roundhead " tomblin earl rays daddy. back in the days of major corruption they were called " the logan county 5 "
remember it plain

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Jun 21, 2010
John Yeager,Steve Workman, Eric Freeman Todd Martin killing Mark Fillinger and burring him on top of someone els's grave!
james

United States

#9 Jun 21, 2010
buttz wrote:
earl " roundhead " tomblin earl rays daddy. back in the days of major corruption they were called " the logan county 5 "
There is a big difference between political vote buying and killing someone. I do think the Brennen boy might take the cake here. didnt he shove his wife in the trunk of the car? Where is he now? Is he in jail or out like most of the murderers are. You smoke a joint and they want to lock you away forever but kill someone in cold blood just gets you on home confinment.
homeroom

Ithaca, NY

#10 Jun 21, 2010
blazay wrote:
how bout the gangster school teacher that robbed that drug store? i dont remember his name. happened in around 04?
I think that the name you're looking for is Matt Ooten, just who we wanted teaching our kids.
wth

United States

#11 Jun 22, 2010
Dana December Smith killed a mother and daughter on Cabin Creek. The mother was in a wheelchair, he cut em up pretty bad. A very messy scene!! The son found them a few days later. All this because he needed a ride, he just wrecked a car a few miles down the road and had to get the hell out of dodge! He parked their car at the Dept. of Highways garage and went to his moms house. He is now where he belongs and will be until they carry his worthless body out in a body bag!!!!
yodi

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2010
That fat Brennan guy was pretty rotten also. Killed his and put her body in his trunk. Does anyone know what happened on this? Isn't her Mrs. Greshams cousin or something?
info

United States

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Once and for all wrote:
How about Willis Stollings who shot his girl In front of everyone at the bar in Mt Gay. And his new wife got him on parole who works in the Courthouse.
Or Carl Goff getting away with murder. Or Billy Brennan getting manslaughter instead of murder because Sheriff Hunter tainted half the evidence, just to name a few.
Carl Goff was found not guilty because he was not guilty!
Turner

Van, WV

#14 Feb 28, 2011
remember it plain wrote:
John Yeager,Steve Workman, Eric Freeman Todd Martin killing Mark Fillinger and burring him on top of someone els's grave!
WHO IS THIS?
mountain man

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 28, 2011
Charles Mansion top of list
Remembers

AOL

#16 Feb 28, 2011
Miki Koontz who was murdered in Mingo Co. executions style.(attorney Tim Koontz' sister)

Ruby Newsome from Holden who was shot in the head and took to 22 mountain and seton fire. Who did that?

That Willis Stollings you mentioned, how did he meet this woman he is married to now? How did she know him to get him paroled? Was she that desperate for a man to get a murderer out of jail. I sure wouldn't want to marry a murderer. If he could kill one woman, why not another?
Family

Lubbock, TX

#17 Feb 28, 2011
yodi wrote:
That fat Brennan guy was pretty rotten also. Killed his and put her body in his trunk. Does anyone know what happened on this? Isn't her Mrs. Greshams cousin or something?
Brennan is currently at the Welch Correctional Facility. He was denied parole in January but comes up again next January. If paroled in January of 2012, he will be under DOC supervision, but if he discharges his sentence in December of 2012, he will be released a totally free man. He still denies causing Lisa's death. To add insult to injury, he claims she committed suicide. Too bad the case was mishandled from the beginning and he was only convicted of voluntary manslaughter instead of first degree murder. Unforturnately, neither Lisa nor her family received justice in this matter. I only hope that once released, misfortune visits his doorstep daily and he suffers the way he has caused suffering for so many others.
same crap

Barboursville, WV

#18 Feb 28, 2011
Where is David Bumgarner on this list? I would put him close to the top!! Worthless piece of #$%&!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 28, 2011
same crap wrote:
Where is David Bumgarner on this list? I would put him close to the top!! Worthless piece of #$%&!!
David's a thief,but I don't think that is what was meant by notorious criminal!! LOL! Yeah he is a worthless peice of sh%#!I would say he gave that family a bad name,but he's not much worse than the others!!!
james

Charleston, WV

#20 Feb 28, 2011
yodi wrote:
Billy Brennan has nothing in common with his cousin Marsha. She is a law abiding woman, she can not help who she is related to. I am sure most of us have relatives we are very ashamed of. So please do not bring up her name when it comes to him, he is a murderer.
wildcatfan

Charleston, WV

#21 Feb 28, 2011
mountain man wrote:
Charles Mansion top of list
Very True, he went to Stonewall High School inthe 1960's I would say you can not top that!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chapmanville town council 1 hr jerry priceless 5
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 14,650
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 3 hr Honest Babe 13,275
The Williamson Graveyard Murder 16 hr SPS 2
Alisha Watts Collins Fri Blues clues 2
Colby has has std Fri Michael 4
Tiger Girls Softball Champions Fri Big Fan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chapmanville Mortgages