Playground for Hugh Dingess

Saint Albans, WV

#145 Aug 16, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
You people must be blind....they playground equipment is there....and Sammy never tried to stop it from being there... Now that you have a playground, I'm sure you'll find something new to complain about. Probably trying to find a place to park during school functions.
He never tried to stop it??? Ha Ha. You're not very bright. It's okay folks!! Sammy never tried to stop it!! Thats why the school is JUST NOW getting a playground. What a load of BS.
You political suck ups make me sick.

Logan, WV

#146 Aug 16, 2011
I bought candles for years for his playground equipment. The board is paying for the equipment, wonder what other pieces of equipment he is going to purchase with all that candle money from years past?

Hurricane, WV

#147 Aug 16, 2011
The playground is being worked on so now maybe you all will shut up about it!! And again the candle money was NEVER said to be for a playground!!

Saint Albans, WV

#148 Aug 17, 2011
im glad that they are finally getting this! this is my daughter's last year before she goes to middle school and im glad that she will get to play and do all that before next year! we won't have to drive to west grade to play on the swing's anymore!

Logan, WV

#149 Aug 17, 2011
I still have several school memo's that say that it was for a new playground, ugh!
1 post removed

Staunton, VA

#151 Aug 18, 2011
Will it be ready before the kids come Monday?

Logan, WV

#152 Aug 19, 2011
Has the playground been installed yet?

Hurricane, WV

#153 Aug 22, 2011
Well you've got your playground now you bitch about not having anywhere to park. Duh, where'd you think we'd park?

Logan, WV

#154 Aug 22, 2011
Parking can be worked out. A playground is something that has been long needed at the school.
im 4 it

Spencer, WV

#155 Aug 23, 2011
yes it is being put up! Almost finished right on top of the black top. they said they will put down that rubber coating over the black top. Mr. Dalton told me himself that as long as he is principal he wouldn't allow playground equipment because kids would get hurt but as I understand it, he didn't have much choice. In order to keep their preschool program up and running they had to provide a place for these children to have a playground per new federal guidelines. Parents and teachers alike have been trying to get playground equipment installed at Hugh Dingess without success for many years. They went so far as to have playground equipment donated from one of the closed schools and he refused to accept it and the board said it was his choice. And yes there was many bake sales etc to go toward purchasing new playground equip. I baked for years! After my child left Hugh Dingess I ask Mr. Dalton about all the bake sales that I baked for and that is when he told me what he did. Im just glad to see that future kids at Hugh Dingess will get the joy of a playground and the many memories that go along with it.

Logan, WV

#156 Aug 24, 2011
I am so glad that his reign of terror has ended!

Oceana, WV

#157 Sep 11, 2011
all kids should have a safe and a enjoyable playground. old sammy dalton has always been aganist having a playground for the hugh dingess kids. for what reasons i do not know. everyone involved in the central office at logan knows old sammy only listens to himself. sammys kingdom is little hugh dingess.the playground should have been built 30-40 years ago.

Jersey City, NJ

#158 Sep 11, 2011
I hope the kids are getting to use it. I saw it from the road and it looks nice.

Hackensack, NJ

#159 Sep 11, 2011
I hope the kids are using the playground.
did you

Seth, WV

#160 Aug 30, 2012
did they get the playground comleted
why so late

Elizabeth, WV

#161 Sep 2, 2012
having a nice playground for the kids is nice, but getting enough time to use it will be another question. as long as sammy dalton is the principal at hugh dingess it will be sammys call on the playground time and i very much doubt it will be available on weekends and holidays. no wonder people like sammy dont win political races anymore. you have to be good to community and sammy seems to have a hard time doing this.

Seth, WV

#162 Sep 2, 2012
just needed to know the out come

Charleston, WV

#163 Sep 3, 2012
I honestly believe Sammy and some of his sisters have swindled mpney, food, and other things from Hugh Dingess Grade School for the last 25 years or longer.I would love to see an investigation on this because I honestly believe they have stolen from the students that have went there. Sammy has really made a bad name for himself and the teachers who have worked there. Even the Logan Board of Education knew about those wild Christmas parties in the past.I truly wonder who paid for the booze, the food, the decorations, and the cost of the band. Sammy paid for the bill from the money that was raised by the students, the families, and those who use to donate their time for the betterment of Hugh Dingess Grade School. Shame on Sammy Dalton.

Glen Rogers, WV

#164 Sep 4, 2012
No wonder Sammy did not win any political seats lately.I did not know that so many people disliked him, but here on topix everyone is showing their true colors. I have heard of wild Christmas parties in the past at Hugh Dingess, but do they still have them? I wonder if Wilma Zigmond cares about what is going on at Hugh Dingess or does she turn the other way when she looks at Sammy. I always thought Sammy acted like a little Hitler when I use to visit his school.Good luck on the new playground.
Proffesionally Speaking

Glen Rogers, WV

#165 Sep 4, 2012
If the parents believes Mr. Dalton is not a sane Principal and is totally aganist his students and the many teachers then start a petition. After you get a few hundreds signatures then you need to go to the Logan BOE. meeting and present your case. Apparently there is a lot of hostility towards Mr. Dalton from a lot of Logan County people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 50 min Jen 3,694
Ojeda and Clinton 1 hr Voter 8
Tabitha Spears 12 hr Yep 15
Matt harvey 16 hr DESPERADO 6
Hiring the next Superintendent Thu Citizen 1
Does anyone have free puppies to give away? (Jul '12) Oct 20 John 63
Hot cashier at Piggly wiggly Oct 19 Curious 1

Chapmanville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance