First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hughes Net Hater

West Hamlin, WV

#1 Dec 7, 2010
When I signed up with Hughes Net the rep I talked to did tell me there was a 2 year commitment. Also told me early termination fee was prorated and only $280. Never once mentioned there is a downloading limit and that'd i'd never once get the speed I was paying a ridiculously high price for every month. Hughes Net is a complete rip off. They know that people that have their service installed has no other options for high speed internet so they can basically charge an arm and leg for crap service. When I called the company to cancel service they told me at that time the early termination fee was $400, not prorated and I'd have to pay to return the equiptment (another thing that was disclosed to me). I had nothing from Hughes Net confirming I'd agreed to a contract and they refused to send me anything. Said it was highly confidential information and they could not send me a copy of the contract I "supposedly" signed. First of all no company can say you agreed to a contract and refuse to provide you a copy of the agreement. Also no company can hold you to a contract if they do not have some type of documentation indicating you agreed to a contract. I talked to several managers over the phone who refused to waived the early termination feel. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and The Better Business Bureau. I get a phone call from the Executive Escalations Department with Hughes Net yesterday saying the part of the contract I signed was somehow lost. Yeah, right! Another thing, I also requested for the service be disconnect at the beginning of November. When I spoke the rep yesterday it was still active. By far the worse company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I would not recommend that company to anyone, not even to my worst enemy. Horrible company......Horrible customer service. Just sharing......
Hughes Net Hater

West Hamlin, WV

#2 Dec 7, 2010
A little more info......They are waiving the early termination fee and sending me paid postage to send their equiptment back......Thanks to The Better Business Bureau!
Jessica

West Hamlin, WV

#3 Dec 17, 2010
Hughes Net Hater wrote:
A little more info......They are waiving the early termination fee and sending me paid postage to send their equiptment back......Thanks to The Better Business Bureau!
Honey, you don't have to tell me anything. We had Hughes Net for a couple of months and the service was HORRIBLE! They first hooked our equipment up wrong and then was going to charge us AGAIN for hooking it up right. Soo, we no longer have Hughes Net. Thank goodness for Armstrong!
complaint

United States

#4 Dec 17, 2010
omg i've had hughes net for years and it is absolute crap. aside from the download limits...which are ridiculous...my service goes out ALL the time. at least a couple of times per day regardless of weather. it's an absolute rip off. where i live i will never have high speed so i'm stuck with it...it's better than dial up but not by much! the better business bureau should really investigate their practices because there is never a discounted rate given for the countless times i have no service.
Hughes Hater

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 19, 2010
Same thing here Had them to pull there crap off my property.Never use hughes
saved me

Hansford, WV

#6 Dec 20, 2010
Thank all of you so much. I was getting ready to sign up with them and looked on here and seen all of these comments. I have enough problems now ans I don't need it to get worse. So again I thank you all very much and if you could point to a good provider I would appreciate it.
lefty

Cairo, WV

#7 Dec 28, 2010
thanks
mason

Cairo, WV

#8 Feb 21, 2011
how much is it
yup

Logan, WV

#9 Feb 21, 2011
You cant trust any small net service in my opinion.Its better to go with a quality well known service to begin with.Ive had suddenlink for years,and quite satisfied with em.
Plus you can talk with them,and find the right plan for you.,with no contract crap.
unh

Kimberly, WV

#10 Mar 7, 2011
I had hughs net for less than 30 days. After 2 days it kicked me down to what they referred to as dial up speed. My dial up speed was just barley slower than their fastest speed. I got rid of it during the trial period with no termination fee. But i did pay 75 dollars instalation. I took the damn thing down myself and sent it back gladly. Now I have frontier and couldn't be happier.
yup

Logan, WV

#11 Mar 7, 2011
It seems to me that they should be turned in to Darrel Mcgraws office,they shouldnt be keeping your installation fee,or any fee,unless you are satisfied with their service.
DUSTY

Powellton, WV

#12 Mar 8, 2011
TRY CONTACTING FRONTIER THEY OFFRER A PRETTY RESONABLE OFFER ON THEIR HIGH SPEED NET WITH UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND NO PROBLEMS YET
local

United States

#13 Mar 25, 2011
This is sooooooooo true.....they are the worst company to deal with! a car ran over my dish because they put in 2 feet from the road on a poll and for them to come out and fix it...it was $525...... 300 for poll and labor...and 225 for the new radio part. frontier finally got up my area with dsl and to pay out hughes net contract was cheaper to get repairs. i did the math......for two years of hughes net...it is $2160.00 DONT DO IT!!!!
Jen

United States

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Hughes Net Hater wrote:
When I signed up with Hughes Net the rep I talked to did tell me there was a 2 year commitment. Also told me early termination fee was prorated and only $280. Never once mentioned there is a downloading limit and that'd i'd never once get the speed I was paying a ridiculously high price for every month. Hughes Net is a complete rip off. They know that people that have their service installed has no other options for high speed internet so they can basically charge an arm and leg for crap service. When I called the company to cancel service they told me at that time the early termination fee was $400, not prorated and I'd have to pay to return the equiptment (another thing that was disclosed to me). I had nothing from Hughes Net confirming I'd agreed to a contract and they refused to send me anything. Said it was highly confidential information and they could not send me a copy of the contract I "supposedly" signed. First of all no company can say you agreed to a contract and refuse to provide you a copy of the agreement. Also no company can hold you to a contract if they do not have some type of documentation indicating you agreed to a contract. I talked to several managers over the phone who refused to waived the early termination feel. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and The Better Business Bureau. I get a phone call from the Executive Escalations Department with Hughes Net yesterday saying the part of the contract I signed was somehow lost. Yeah, right! Another thing, I also requested for the service be disconnect at the beginning of November. When I spoke the rep yesterday it was still active. By far the worse company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I would not recommend that company to anyone, not even to my worst enemy. Horrible company......Horrible customer service. Just sharing......
Do you have the escalations department address? And did you go to the Maryland BBB?
Jen

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2012
What I'm reading here and in other sites is horrifying and unfortunately exactly what I'm experiencing myself. One of the "customer service" reps actually laughed when I was stating my case and forgot to press his mute button. I am furious and frustrated. This is without question the worst Internet service I've ever experienced. Does anyone have the contact info for their executive escalations dept ?
User

Athens, OH

#16 Dec 18, 2012
We have swtiched internet providers I don't know how many times! Our first upgrade from dial up was Hughes net and I HATE IT!!!! It is constantly slow. We have several people that live here and about 2-3 computers running. After we ditched hughes net the first time to go with Armstrong it was running smoothly at times and at times things would get deleted and such and they gave us the run around and when we would call they would hang up. We switched back to hughes net (worst decision ever)we have had several problems. We can no longer use 2 computers at the same time weve had the bos replaced twice within a month, we actually got the second one replaced last night and they said our router was the problem. Our router is not the problem. It is the provider that is the problem!
sad

Charleston, WV

#17 Dec 19, 2012
huh
Janna

Haslet, TX

#18 Jan 14, 2014
Hughes Net aka SkyTerra who bought them in 2003 was sold to CEO Charlie ErGEN in 2011 who is no longer CEO but remains COB of DISH network. Unfortunately Charlie and his minions are working more diligently on things like The Hopper rather than Gen 4 Internet.
A Billion Dollar industry without Dish revenue included doesnt seem to be enough incentive to provide service to its customers. The way I figure it -if they simply follow the old business technique of ignoring requests then we give up. Another technique is simply to ignore them because there are millions of desperate people wanting Internet that were too busy to seriously check out reviews and comments from real customers in forums like these.
Unfortunately I was one of those people who just wanted Internet so bad that I convinced myself all of the reviews like this one were Competitors trying to get business for themselves. Forgive Me -Customers of Hughes Net for doubting the truth in all of your stories. I now know without question -you are all telling the truth. Now why cant a million customers sue this company? Surely there is a hidden Pelican Brief amongst their files that a former employee can produce? Im thinking unless we stand up and fight these greedy corporations they will multiply and continue to take our hard earned money for incompetent services. If we do nothing eventually they will have gone through everyone I suppose but by that time it wont matter if they shut the company down because Ergens current worth is 12 billion-seriously why should he be concerned whether we get our contracted service or not?
tater

Langsville, OH

#19 Jan 15, 2014
Hughesnet is the worst internet I've ever had! Their "daily allowence" is a bunch of shit! DO NOT GET HUGHES NET.
LJP

Cleveland, OH

#20 Jan 24, 2014
DO NOT sign up for HughesNET! Scam. It is a data plan. Did not know these even existed any more. I had it for 2 months and could not access internet service most of that time and was finally told I should never use NETFLIX AS IT EATS UP THE DATA USAGE TIME. Now after 2 months, I cancelled and am being charged $400 cancellation.
BEWARE. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it true 5 hr Bobby 2
Pukes buying beer 10 hr Oh my god 24
Arrested 20 hr The X 8
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 22 hr Princess Hey 15,102
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 22 hr Princess Hey 13,860
Girls Softball Thu Big Dog 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Matt Kelly 4,219

Chapmanville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance