Do you approve of Jerry Price, Jr as ...

Do you approve of Jerry Price, Jr as Mayor?

Posted in the Chapmanville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Timothy Dalton

Barboursville, WV

#1 Aug 13, 2012
Jerry is a good guy, and a great mayor!
we need a new one

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Quickly as possible.
sure do

Powellton, WV

#3 Aug 14, 2012
we need a new one wrote:
Quickly as possible.
yes i agree need a change
Judge not

Buffalo, WV

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Personally I would'nt have his job. And if you think you can run that town better, then run for office. I am going to write in FROG CONLEY for mayor in the upcoming election.. He seems to know more of what is going on in that town than anyone. OMG.
luckygoose

Lizemores, WV

#5 Aug 16, 2012
What all has he done as mayor? Anyone?
Green Aigs

Buffalo, WV

#6 Aug 16, 2012
luckygoose wrote:
What all has he done as mayor? Anyone?
He has successfully helped cover up the Tracy Vicker's monies that Mr. Vickers left behind for a community center. and,,, oh yeah,, we have had a couple really nice parades. Bummer dude.
Tiger
#7 Aug 16, 2012
From what I understand there are alot of people who trying to talk a young man in his early 40's lifelong resident of c-ville into runnging for mayor. This guy is well educated in dealing with state local ordinances and will have the backing fron the Govornors office all the way down to the county commission. He just says they need to drop two of off the council that are dead weight (all talkers and no do'ers) and things would fall into place.
Carl Tomblin

Buffalo, WV

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Tiger wrote:
From what I understand there are alot of people who trying to talk a young man in his early 40's lifelong resident of c-ville into runnging for mayor. This guy is well educated in dealing with state local ordinances and will have the backing fron the Govornors office all the way down to the county commission. He just says they need to drop two of off the council that are dead weight (all talkers and no do'ers) and things would fall into place.
Yeah, Carl Tomblin would make a nice mayor. Is that what you are saying? Vote for me.
Jabber

Chapmanville, WV

#9 Aug 22, 2012
Good guy.....bad mayor. Just not able to move city forward. No focus. Other interest. City, way down the list.
Y.H.

Charleston, WV

#10 Sep 2, 2014
He is a really good man.
Resident

Beckley, WV

#11 Sep 2, 2014
Chapmanville needs a lot of things. A mayor must have a vision and a desire to accomplish some things while in office. Really wish he would tell the truth about the money Tracey Vickers left the town. What happened to the new city hall for 2014? I live outside of Chapmanville. Please tell me what Mr. Price has done for the town since he has been in office.
WHO CARES

United States

#12 Sep 3, 2014
He's not doing nothing to move the town forward bad for the job
concerned citizen

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Sep 3, 2014
Tiger wrote:
I have a question.... Why did he get rid of the chief of police? Elb was the MAN. miss u Elbert. to many ?s left unanswered.
C. Michaels

Peach Creek, WV

#14 Feb 2, 2015
He's not a genuine mayor, his action is the result in putting the town of Chapmanville more in debt by giving jobs to all his relatives and friends. Where's all the money earned like the town's Apple Butter Festival? Hmm, the state should audit the town. I wonder why Sally Stollings quit after the Mayor was asked to step out as Mayor? This town is so unmanaged, ie, having too many police force but can seem to control traffic during school hours. Where are they?
citizen

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2015
[QUOTE who="C. Michaels"]He's not a genuine mayor, his action is the result in putting the town of Chapmanville more in debt by giving jobs to all his relatives and friends. Where's all the money earned like the town's Apple Butter Festival? Hmm, the state should audit the town. I wonder why Sally Stollings quit after the Mayor was asked to step out as Mayor? This town is so unmanaged, ie, having too many police force but can seem to control traffic during school hours. Where are they?[/QUOTE]
well who is his family or friends that he is giving jobs too, seems like to me that the people that is working now has been working for years and some has left to better themselves with other jobs. as far as the money earned in the apple butter festival goes you need to ask sally stollings she was the person over that venue and she was in charge of the monies collected for that event as well so go ask her. Sally never quit after the mayor was asked to step down she quit on Jan 01, 2015 to go to the courthouse supposedly a better job with better benefits go figure as far as school traffic goes chapmanville isnt the only place with issues with school busses go look at the other places in the county. the Tracy Vickers money is still there, if everyone is so worried about his money why dont they approach council and ask them where is his money at and how much is in there. Sally was the only family that worked for him but then again she QUIT. He has done a lot for this town if you would just open your eyes up and look around
Resident

Charleston, WV

#16 Feb 3, 2015
Well the money was supposed to been used for a Community Center. A place for Chapmanville Youth. A place where kids could have somewhere to go and have something to do. Money wasn't supposed to been hoarded up in a bank where people will forget about it. whether spent or not it's the same: money was misused. Tracy has been dead for a long time. Long enough for a community center to be built.
Resident

Charleston, WV

#17 Feb 3, 2015
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
well who is his family or friends that he is giving jobs too, seems like to me that the people that is working now has been working for years and some has left to better themselves with other jobs. as far as the money earned in the apple butter festival goes you need to ask sally stollings she was the person over that venue and she was in charge of the monies collected for that event as well so go ask her. Sally never quit after the mayor was asked to step down she quit on Jan 01, 2015 to go to the courthouse supposedly a better job with better benefits go figure as far as school traffic goes chapmanville isnt the only place with issues with school busses go look at the other places in the county. the Tracy Vickers money is still there, if everyone is so worried about his money why dont they approach council and ask them where is his money at and how much is in there. Sally was the only family that worked for him but then again she QUIT. He has done a lot for this town if you would just open your eyes up and look around
What happened to Councilman Fairley. Not Shorty.
citizen

Prestonsburg, KY

#18 Feb 4, 2015
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>What happened to Councilman Fairley. Not Shorty.
his name was jeremy farley and he works at the court house where he was working before becoming a council member and he stated he felt he couldnt serve the residents the way they should have so he resigned and subsequently that is where sally stollings went to work for when she left the town of chapmanville on Jan 1 2015 is to work for Jeremy Farley
citizen

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Feb 4, 2015
Resident wrote:
Well the money was supposed to been used for a Community Center. A place for Chapmanville Youth. A place where kids could have somewhere to go and have something to do. Money wasn't supposed to been hoarded up in a bank where people will forget about it. whether spent or not it's the same: money was misused. Tracy has been dead for a long time. Long enough for a community center to be built.
well i couldnt agree with you more but if you look at it this way ask yourself where is there any property to build a community center at? Mike Ferrell has that property behind Speedway but wants well over a million for that property and Tracy didnt leave that much to have a community center built. it was left so the kids would have someplace to go without getting into trouble. and EVERY person that gets voted into the mayors spot gets accused of the same thing, spending the Tracy Vickers money and not using it for what it was left for, there should have been a time limit on the funds saying that if a center wasnt built in a certain time frame that the monies would be then given to a charity that has kids in mind.
Resident

Huntington, WV

#20 Feb 4, 2015
Well they could have used the land where Tracy Vickers had his store, but they tore his store down and put the fire department there. That wasn't right. Maybe Tracy thought his land would be used for the community center. I mean who knows anymore. Mike Ferrell don't give a rats ass for the community. He ought to donate that land. You can't take it with you when you go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr WTF WRONG WITH PPL 3,984
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,721
Chapmanville 7 hr raamie 3
Congratulations to the CRHS Boys Basketball Team 11 hr TigerGrad 11
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 12 hr Princess Hey 14,967
Logan Cheerleaders Sun Basketball junkie 2
Chapmanville Regional High School Sun TigerGrad 34

Chapmanville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance