First Prev
of 3
Next Last
UMWA Widow

United States

#41 Oct 7, 2012
UMWA member said it. I was widowed in January. My husband was a working miner employed by Hobet 21, second shift, a Patriot mine. The pension and the health care is all I have. I am not old enought for Social Security or Medicare. He gave his all and now the company wants to keep what he worked for and paid in. It just wrong.
UMWA member

New York, NY

#42 Oct 7, 2012
UMWA Widow wrote:
UMWA member said it. I was widowed in January. My husband was a working miner employed by Hobet 21, second shift, a Patriot mine. The pension and the health care is all I have. I am not old enought for Social Security or Medicare. He gave his all and now the company wants to keep what he worked for and paid in. It just wrong.
I'm sorry to hear that UMWA Widow. Try not to worry too much we plan on fighting for what we've earned! People need to wake up and see these companies could care less for their employees. I'm proud to be a member of the union so we don't have to fight this on our own.
UMWA Widow

United States

#43 Oct 8, 2012
I am receiving the calls every monday from UMWA with the updates. I also attended all the meetings in Charleston. I was in the Federal Bankruptcy Court Room for both days. I appreciate what the union is doing for all the people effected by this. I urge every one to write The Honorable Shelly C. Chapman in New York and let her know how important it is for Patriot Coal to honor the promise they made to the Union Miners and their families. I, as well as my beloved husband, am proud to be union.
Answer

New York, NY

#44 Oct 17, 2012
Umwa!! Hows the good fight going? Any progress? Stay strong, solidarity!
Uh Oh

Clarksburg, WV

#45 Oct 23, 2012
railman wrote:
<quoted text>
only because you seem to really be in the well, dark.
Agricultural products
Automobiles
BioEnergy Materials
Chemicals
Fertilizers
Consumer goods and products (Wal-Marts whole inventory)
Building materials
Raw metals
Food
Machinery
Military contracted equipment and supplies
Minerals
Paper, pulp and fiber
Waste of all types
and of course, other transportation equipment
There is also a small number of locked cars registered
to the US govt but the inventory is never listed.
So your answer is we haul anything and everything!
But anyway, again i hope you see that coal is just another thing on a long boring list of nothing special. Just like a water turbine plant, coal has its uses but its not anything to write home about. The companies that mine coal are another story tho.
Looks like the railroad may need coal after all...200 furloughs for Norfolk Southern. Is CSX next?
Coal hugger

Bronx, NY

#46 Oct 24, 2012
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the railroad may need coal after all...200 furloughs for Norfolk Southern. Is CSX next?
Uh Oh I think you hit the nail on the head! I think he stated coal is "nothing special"? And yes, I have a friend that works for CSX and he told me things don't look too good right now. Wait! How bout all the biochemical crap? And I've never seen a train in the parking lot at WalMart. Don't worry Mr CSX crow don't taste that bad...I've had to eat it a time or two myself lol
bobby

Charleston, WV

#47 Nov 7, 2012
see all non union mines will close shows they didit line the right pockets;like union mine oh hobet there half union;but learn how to burn it cleaner and all will work
Break

Oakvale, WV

#48 May 29, 2013
Patriot Coal sucks drippy donkey dicks!!!
Someone

Branchland, WV

#49 Sep 23, 2013
Go Green wrote:
yea all coal mining will cease by the end of summer. Solar power wind mills nuclear is the way to go. You all are killing all the tad poles and fish covering up them streams. Blasting them moutons down destroying the earth. You should be put in prison. Your a eco terrorist!!!
Hey tree hugger, what about all the bats windmills are killing. Who cares about tadpoles, bats and fish, theirs plenty to go around. Think about all the People yes I said People that are affected by the COAL industry. If you don't support COAL sit in the dark asshole... Coal mining has more of an affect on the world than you will ever know.
low profile

Ripley, WV

#50 Sep 26, 2013
hey you red neck coal hater's, I hope they put a necular reactor in you're front yard. swallow that. and die. and may you're power bill go up and up. now think about what the hell you are talking about before you speak.
low profile

Ripley, WV

#51 Sep 26, 2013
oh excuse me tree hugger were sorry we are killing you're food. I have never tasted tadpole please send me receipe and excuse my spelling ok.oh and I have not tasted bat either. get a job and you don't have to eat this bad meal's.with money you can get a great burger at mcdonalds .maby not what you are used to but please try one you may enjoy it.
Go Green

Lake Odessa, MI

#52 Oct 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>Hey tree hugger, what about all the bats windmills are killing. Who cares about tadpoles, bats and fish, theirs plenty to go around. Think about all the People yes I said People that are affected by the COAL industry. If you don't support COAL sit in the dark asshole... Coal mining has more of an affect on the world than you will ever know.
Bull Crap ive never heard of a wind mill killing a tad pole or fish. so blast the mountain tops off ( killing the wild life). That cannot be replaced once it's gone. Nuclear or water generated power is the future, not gas it's destroying the water table, wells. My grand mothers water caught on fire.... gas was in the water. I know all the effects of coal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr ricky bobby 1,262
Dial new football coach 1 hr voter 1
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 14,592
Mayor Jerry Price 18 hr Tiger fan 3
One Word Game (Feb '10) Thu Princess Hey 12,401
Jason Conley show in Chapmanville (Jun '09) Thu Amy 21
chad surgoine (Dec '13) Thu Larry 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chapmanville Mortgages