First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Grapevine

Glenwood, WV

#1 Feb 26, 2012
I WAS TOLD YESTERDAY THAT A LETTER WAS IN THE MIDST OF CLOSING ALL PATRIOT OPERATIONS IN WV NOT SURE IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW ANYTHING. I WORK THE SUCKY ASS THIRD SHIFT AND AM LAST TO GO AND LAST TO KNOW.
Patriot employee

Williamson, WV

#2 Feb 26, 2012
Haven't heard anything like that. I've worked for them for years. If they plan on shutting down they'll send us WARN letters. That's basically a 60 day notice that they COULD have a lay off. The job I work on is buying equipment so it don't make much sense to shut down. Try not to worry too much about it, just work safe and whatever happens happens my friend.
Miner

Inez, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2012
Patriot employee wrote:
Haven't heard anything like that. I've worked for them for years. If they plan on shutting down they'll send us WARN letters. That's basically a 60 day notice that they COULD have a lay off. The job I work on is buying equipment so it don't make much sense to shut down. Try not to worry too much about it, just work safe and whatever happens happens my friend.
That 60 day notice is crap, that would give an employee 60 days to go out on comp.
One day you show up at the Mine, the Super will have a big smile on his @o@k sucking face, he will make a statement like there is no empties to move the coal, go home, we will notify you when to come back to work.
There will be no empties for 60 days, then you will be layed off. In other words, S@rew you.
Patriot employee is probally a @o@k sucking boss.
Desporado

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 26, 2012
Dear Patriot employees...r u in need of a good lookin country girl...I need a man...I'm serious here...I'm not a pill head but I do like to drink some...have some emotional issues but willing to not talk of them...I got a small piece of property if u will buy me a double-wide...a single wide is fine however I am a little more high class...will move in a moments notice...I am serious here so no need for response if you loser your job. Thankx
Patriot employee

New York, NY

#5 Feb 27, 2012
Miner wrote:
<quoted text>That 60 day notice is crap, that would give an employee 60 days to go out on comp.
One day you show up at the Mine, the Super will have a big smile on his @o@k sucking face, he will make a statement like there is no empties to move the coal, go home, we will notify
For your information blow dick I'm a proud member of the UMWA! Have been for over 20 years! If union mines lay off a substantial amount of people they have to give a WARN notice! I don't know about non-union mines they seem to do whatever they want to them. Call me anything you want but I'm not a boss nor am I some $14 an hour cheese dick pointing fingers at people trying to give a man a little peace of mind before he goes out to support his family. Yeah I'm talking to you "miner".......stand up to these companies and sign a union card and you won't have to go around acting like a miner you'll be a real one......cheese dick!
smiley

Norwalk, OH

#6 Feb 27, 2012
Desporado wrote:
Dear Patriot employees...r u in need of a good lookin country girl...I need a man...I'm serious here...I'm not a pill head but I do like to drink some...have some emotional issues but willing to not talk of them...I got a small piece of property if u will buy me a double-wide...a single wide is fine however I am a little more high class...will move in a moments notice...I am serious here so no need for response if you loser your job. Thankx
. You are gold digger. Sounds like you need to take your broke butt back to Cora. You sound really desperate to be on here beggin.:(
Go Green

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 27, 2012
yea all coal mining will cease by the end of summer. Solar power wind mills nuclear is the way to go. You all are killing all the tad poles and fish covering up them streams. Blasting them moutons down destroying the earth. You should be put in prison. Your a eco terrorist!!!
ProCoal

Logan, WV

#8 Feb 27, 2012
Go Green wrote:
yea all coal mining will cease by the end of summer. Solar power wind mills nuclear is the way to go. You all are killing all the tad poles and fish covering up them streams. Blasting them moutons down destroying the earth. You should be put in prison. Your a eco terrorist!!!
If you don't like coal mining, go freeze your ass off in the dark. WV doesn't want you!
Miner

Inez, KY

#9 Feb 27, 2012
ProCoal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like coal mining, go freeze your ass off in the dark. WV doesn't want you!
If you support Mountain Top Removal Mining, go ahead and poison your family and neighbors.
ProCoal

Logan, WV

#10 Feb 27, 2012
Miner wrote:
<quoted text>If you support Mountain Top Removal Mining, go ahead and poison your family and neighbors.
Again, please feel free to leave if you don't like the way thing are here. Turn off your electricity while hugging your tree. See how long you make it without heat, light, television, microwave, and everything else in your house that is run from electricity.
There's nothing poisoning my family or neighbors other that environmentalists like you.
Support Coal

United States

#11 Feb 28, 2012
Well said ProCoal. I, as thousands of others, have been kept by mining for years. I appreciate the things coal has provided for my family. I am thankful each day for the Husband that worked hard so I could have health ins. even after he was gone. Not only did mining support our family, it continues to support me through my survivors pension. I am sure many Husbands would have peace of mind knowing their Loved Ones were taken care of. The question I ask is "Does and other jobs in W.V. offer any more?" Go Coal....UMWA and Patroit Coal, Thank You for what you continue to do for my family.
Hobo

Shreve, OH

#12 Feb 28, 2012
Miner wrote:
<quoted text>If you support Mountain Top Removal Mining, go ahead and poison your family and neighbors.
yes buddy I support MTR!!!
Van

Whitman, WV

#13 Feb 28, 2012
Brody will be the next to shut down...write that down
Hobo

Akron, OH

#14 Feb 28, 2012
Van wrote:
Brody will be the next to shut down...write that down
I heard that body is a scabb hole! lots of violations! MASSEY RULZ
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 29, 2012
ProCoal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, please feel free to leave if you don't like the way thing are here. Turn off your electricity while hugging your tree. See how long you make it without heat, light, television, microwave, and everything else in your house that is run from electricity.
There's nothing poisoning my family or neighbors other that environmentalists like you.
i can't believe how ignorant this post is. I know it's not your fault you're uneducated but wow...sometimes I'm amazed.
Hobo

Delaware, OH

#16 Feb 29, 2012
xgraceslickx wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't believe how ignorant this post is. I know it's not your fault you're uneducated but wow...sometimes I'm amazed.
. Yeah buddy it's amazing how UNDER educated you are!
miner's girlfriend

Logan, WV

#17 Feb 29, 2012
If you don't like the way Massey - now Alpha - conducts business, then I suggest you find other employment. They're not the easiest company to work for. Some miners enjoy their jobs there, others don't. Don't be miserable at a job you hate. Life's too short. Find something - or somewhere - you like and make a change. I'm sure you'll be happier somewhere else if you're not happy with Alpha.
ricket2

Tarboro, NC

#18 Mar 5, 2012
to make it simple i am a patriot employee and patriot is only getting rid of all their contract mines an in mid april will call half of gateway eagle back then by the first of may call all the rest of the gateway employees back also heard at the union hall by the end of may all black oak employees will be recalled for a change a company is protecting it's actual employees with out the contractors we get to work.
mikymike

Elkview, WV

#19 Mar 9, 2012
Miner wrote:
<quoted text>That 60 day notice is crap, that would give an employee 60 days to go out on comp.
One day you show up at the Mine, the Super will have a big smile on his @o@k sucking face, he will make a statement like there is no empties to move the coal, go home, we will notify you when to come back to work.
There will be no empties for 60 days, then you will be layed off. In other words, S@rew you.
Your a fkn clown that sounds like a disgruntled EX emloyee, cuz you probably werent worth a fu#k, if your from williamson your a guaranteed pillhead piece of s@it. I worked for them for years and thier "c%cksu&king" smiling faces only showed when they fired mot!erf&ckers like you. F*gg@t.
Point

Logan, WV

#20 Mar 10, 2012
xgraceslickx wrote:
<quoted text>i can't believe how ignorant this post is. I know it's not your fault you're uneducated but wow...sometimes I'm amazed.
I'm actually quite educated, I have a masters degree. Unless we have the equivalent of the Hoover Dam or some wind power devices hidden somewhere, I think the local electricity comes from coal.
So if you think coal mining is poisoning your family, leave the area for another location powered by nuclear technology. Maybe you'll realize what an idiot you are after the radiation gets to you. So shut your pie hole or move!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 2 hr I KNOW 11,503
Tigers Basketball 2014-15 Season 18 hr jabber 18
misty Montgomery (Mar '14) Tue Bum 44
Looking for petfriendly House/Mobile Home to Rent Tue looking 3
who are the best fighters at crhs 2015 Mar 29 Taylor 3
nose broke Mar 29 broke her nose 1
The Country Club Mar 29 Funny 2
More from around the web

Chapmanville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE