put together the best starting team for tiger baseball history!

Posted in the Chapmanville Forum

ear T

Williamson, WV

#1 Apr 17, 2012
Centerfield - Keith Abbott, Leftfield - Johnny Hensley, Rightfield Casey Bowling, Shortstop - JJ Abbott, First Base - Larry "Daffer" Coffindaffer, Second Base -????, Catcher - Dwight Dingess, Third Base -???, Starting Pitcher - Steve Pritchard
old tiger

Williamson, WV

#2 Apr 17, 2012
Catcher - Greg Dalton, 1st base - Timmy Toler, 2nd base -????, short stop - micheal abbott, 3rd base - steve steel, left field - John Hensley, Centerfield - Danny Godby, Rightfield - Darren Godby, Starting Pitcher - Sam Mullins
tigerlove

Williamson, WV

#3 Apr 17, 2012
1st Base - Larry Coffindaffer, 2nd Base -???, Shortshop, Steve Pritchard, 3rd Base - Timmy Casey, Leftfield - John Hensley, Centerfield - Danny Godby, Rightfield - Rick Bowling, Catcher - Shane Stowers, Starting Pitcher - Mark Chapman!!!
tommyGun

New York, NY

#4 Apr 17, 2012
old tiger wrote:
Catcher - Greg Dalton, 1st base - Timmy Toler, 2nd base -????, short stop - micheal abbott, 3rd base - steve steel, left field - John Hensley, Centerfield - Danny Godby, Rightfield - Darren Godby, Starting Pitcher - Sam Mullins
right field Ben white
tigerblood

Williamson, WV

#5 Apr 17, 2012
IMPOSSIBLE...very interesting, but way to many great players at chapmanville to have to narrow it down to the top nine. i have to agree with all of these decisions though. all the players listed above were great tigers. i'm gettin' up there in age and i've probably forgotten a few, so i don't want to offend anyone by leaving them out, but this should be very interesting to see what the rest of you long time tiger fan think. the only thing that i can say for certain, no matter who the team would be made up by and no matter where their games were played, there's only one man that announce them. and that man was Mr. James "Shorty" Farley.........TIGER,TIGER,TIG ER.
You are loved and miss Shorty....THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!
cvilleknowledge

Williamson, WV

#6 Apr 18, 2012
1st base-Larry Coffendaffer, 2nd base-Timmy Casey, Shortstop-JJ Abbott, 3rd base-Steve Pritchard, Catcher-Rick Bowling, Leftfield-Johnny Hensley, Centerfield-Danny Godby, Rightfield-Keith Abbott, Starting Pitcher-Joey Zigmond.....I too am getting up there in years Tigerblood, but even i know that this team right here could not be beat. And yes, Shorty would absolutely be the only one to announce this line-up!
dickory dock

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 18, 2012
cvilleknowledge wrote:
1st base-Larry Coffendaffer, 2nd base-Timmy Casey, Shortstop-JJ Abbott, 3rd base-Steve Pritchard, Catcher-Rick Bowling, Leftfield-Johnny Hensley, Centerfield-Danny Godby, Rightfield-Keith Abbott, Starting Pitcher-Joey Zigmond.....I too am getting up there in years Tigerblood, but even i know that this team right here could not be beat. And yes, Shorty would absolutely be the only one to announce this line-up!
Zigmond couldnt wear Mark Chapmans Jock, Keith Abbot wouldnt even start on some teams in the past, Bowling would be a backup to Dwight Dingess, Paula Chapman and several others at Catcher position. Eric Campbell was best hitting first baseman in that schools history. You did get Godby right of course, but that is an easy one.
cvilleknowledge

Williamson, WV

#8 Apr 18, 2012
Look i don't think was meant to talk trash about anyone. it's a simple opinion of who you think would make the best team. i don't know when it was that you last heard anything about cville baseball, but Larry Coffendaffer broke every record for a first baseman at cville. batting average, on base percentage, walks, rbi's and he played the entire 1997 season without making a single error! this is not putting eric campbell down at all, you're correct eric was awesome, but the stats speak for them selfs. out of all the greats to ever play at cville, you could probably make up at least 5 or 6 teams and have the best baseball tournment that you've ever seen. that's how fortunate we are here in cville. like i said, not arguing with you at all and i mean no disrespect towards any of the former standouts. it's simple opinion
my 2 cents

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 18, 2012
nobody mentioned steve disco - also an all state
cvilleknowledge

Williamson, WV

#10 Apr 18, 2012
Absolutely, he would definately be on one of teams!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 23 min _FLATLINE-------- 13,018
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,614
Song Title Game! (Jan '10) 5 hr texas pete 10,158
Chapmanville Pharmacy 6 hr bear 1
Cody Hager and Buckteeth Mendez 12 hr InTowner 1
One Word Game (Feb '10) 15 hr Wolverine33 12,047
Mark Mendez 17 hr KNOWHIMFROMLONGAGO87 5
More from around the web

Chapmanville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE