Bill Payer

Madison, WV

#83 May 13, 2011
Tigers Den or Cat house
Keili

Huntington, WV

#84 May 26, 2011
I love Barb and Ronnie to death, but in all honesty, the past 4 championships that have been won, are due to the fact that we all grew up living and breathing softball...league ball, travel ball, you name it..once we got to high school, we already had most of our talent, thanks to brian burgess, dave carey, david evans, heather freeman, any of those people that started us all out when we were 5 and 6...as far as the name of the field goes, i dont really care, but just saying as far as where our talent came from, barb and ronnie already had it when we got there..they built on the statistics that they were given...
steve

Prestonsburg, KY

#85 May 27, 2011
Keili wrote:
I love Barb and Ronnie to death, but in all honesty, the past 4 championships that have been won, are due to the fact that we all grew up living and breathing softball...league ball, travel ball, you name it..once we got to high school, we already had most of our talent, thanks to brian burgess, dave carey, david evans, heather freeman, any of those people that started us all out when we were 5 and 6...as far as the name of the field goes, i dont really care, but just saying as far as where our talent came from, barb and ronnie already had it when we got there..they built on the statistics that they were given...
Well said, I can remember when Ooten and Barb would get mad if we talked about travel ball, but every girl that started played travel ball, which was a good thing, because it keeps you in shape and more ready for the game, I remember my dad trying to explain this to ooten, because he did not like it, the dads and Tommy kirk from middle school ball is what shapes High School ball.
Meg

Inez, KY

#86 May 27, 2011
Keili wrote:
I love Barb and Ronnie to death, but in all honesty, the past 4 championships that have been won, are due to the fact that we all grew up living and breathing softball...league ball, travel ball, you name it..once we got to high school, we already had most of our talent, thanks to brian burgess, dave carey, david evans, heather freeman, any of those people that started us all out when we were 5 and 6...as far as the name of the field goes, i dont really care, but just saying as far as where our talent came from, barb and ronnie
already had it when we got there..they built on
the statistics that they were given...
Thats right keili, we use to have a awesome league Brian burgess was one of the awesome coaches I'd like to also put bill McNely, steve mazon, mike Dingess, Tommy Kirk, Sam Garrett, Dave evans! All these men was why my class one state championship! I loved asa softball because of these ppl! Prolly my best childhood memories I'll never forget these ppl! The sad thing is the league has changed to Somthing else and in my opinion it's went down hill bad!! I have a feeling Chapmanville softball won't be as good because of this! Makes me sad!
truth

Washington, DC

#87 May 27, 2011
Meg wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right keili, we use to have a awesome league Brian burgess was one of the awesome coaches I'd like to also put bill McNely, steve mazon, mike Dingess, Tommy Kirk, Sam Garrett, Dave evans! All these men was why my class one state championship! I loved asa softball because of these ppl! Prolly my best childhood memories I'll never forget these ppl! The sad thing is the league has changed to Somthing else and in my opinion it's went down hill bad!! I have a feeling Chapmanville softball won't be as good because of this! Makes me sad!
as bad as some ppl would hate to admit it tommy kirk has been the backbone behind chapmanville softball for years... he has help mold several pitchers and players through chapmanville.. to prove a point pull his rosters from his travel ball teams.. thats all i have to say.. these girls won championships upon championships before even gettin to high school.. now im not knockin barb and ronnie but hes has a golden road of athletes comin right to them..
truth as finally spoken

Charleston, WV

#88 May 29, 2011
you now have spoken the truth thses girls have been playing for tommy,heather,andy paul,delmas,and all the others you have mentioned since they were old enough to play they helped mold some of the best ronnie and barb will ever coach,and yes they have won alot of championships before they ever entered high school.you will see in a few years the program is going to start to crash at high school level for the tigers, very few feeders programs left
Tiger

Crown Point, IN

#89 May 30, 2011
I agree with the sentiments expressed above. The league is not what it was and it's slowly catching up with the program a little at a time. I hope that is just a temporary trend and also think that while former coaches are being mentioned it also needs to include Daniel Pritchard, Denny Ballard, Raymond Booth, Lee Hall, Mike Dingess, Duke Toler, and a ton of others who have dedicated so much time to making Chapmanville softball what it is today.

Also want to say I think the Tiger Den idea is a great one!
truth as finally spoken

Huntington, WV

#90 May 30, 2011
i agree there are some many great coaches from back in the day , sorry i missed these men,honestly dont know how i missed daniel and lee i played for both.I too hope the league picks back up.
CAL

Williamson, WV

#91 May 30, 2011
::::::::::: CALVIN GREENE FIELD::::::
duh

Lubbock, TX

#92 Jul 28, 2011
dawn wrote:
You may have a point, anna. The amburgey's have always been politically controlled. Neither father or son can go left or right without someone in power telling them. You should have seen them at the health care building dedication. They were like little ants at a picnic.
maybe because it was their land before the health center got it
2008wlidcat

Milton, WV

#93 Jul 29, 2011
LADY TIGER SOFTBALL FIELD!!!!!

The girls are the ones who have done it all. Let the field represent the ones who were there and the ones to come.
Im a girl that went to logan that now lives in c-ville.

Lady Tiger Softball Field. Way to go girls!
someonesomewhere

Ripley, WV

#94 Jul 30, 2011
yeah, the girls did the work, but so did the boys, and they got ted ellis field...why shouldn't ootens name be on the girls'? hypocrites....
true

Branchland, WV

#95 Jul 31, 2011
someonesomewhere wrote:
yeah, the girls did the work, but so did the boys, and they got ted ellis field...why shouldn't ootens name be on the girls'? hypocrites....
ooten's name deserves to be on the name of the field. You have Ellis and Barker on the fields so do not make any difference in the coaches and the fields. What does it take for someone to pass on before they are credited with something. Whats the point in doing it than cause they are not here to see it or enjoy it. Coach ooten all the way.
someonesomewhere

Charleston, WV

#96 Aug 1, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
ooten's name deserves to be on the name of the field. You have Ellis and Barker on the fields so do not make any difference in the coaches and the fields. What does it take for someone to pass on before they are credited with something. Whats the point in doing it than cause they are not here to see it or enjoy it. Coach ooten all the way.
I'm glad to see finally that someone has some sense around here.
RONNIE OOTEN SOFTBALL FIELD!!!!!
Nope

Logan, WV

#97 Aug 3, 2011
It shud be dedicated to Dave Evans he has put tons of time into the softball teams and players in cville. He will truly be missed
someonesomewhere

Charleston, WV

#98 Aug 4, 2011
maybe so...but, ooten has been the high school coach all these years. sorry bout mr. evans, but he was never the lady tigers' coach. alot of men have also worked with the boys' teams and players, and have put lots of time into them too, but that field was still named after ellis.
JustSayin

Saint Albans, WV

#99 Aug 5, 2011
Oh my how childish all of this is. Just name the dam field already!!!!! Sick of looking at this topic everytime I log on. I say name it after ole Mule himself and get it over with, lol.

I will say I liked the "mule" nickname. It does stick.
forgetit

Stollings, WV

#100 Aug 16, 2011
Why wrote:
Why would they not name the filed Ernest Amburgey Jr. field it is he who got the new school, baseball field, softball field and tennis courts built in Chapmanville. And who could deny the fact he has kept all the sport alive in the county? They then could name the athletic complex which would have the individual fields in it since Ronnie was a football and softball coach at the middle school after Ronnie. That would be more appropriate would you not think.
You must be an Amburgey, or a Mendez, always wanting to be honored. Real givers ask nothing in return and are honored by others.
samestuff

Stollings, WV

#101 Aug 22, 2011
carl wrote:
Call it, Waste of Tax Payer's Money Field. That is, what it is!
Who are you kidding. You gotta have a job before you pay taxes!
samestuff

Stollings, WV

#102 Aug 22, 2011
Its affectionately known as "The Mule"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapmanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd Martin 5 hr nobody 2
Contessa Murphy 6 hr BIG JOHN23 3
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 18 hr PieceMaker 12,441
vivital shot Wed Info 8
Where is the asphalt Wed yep 5
Chapmanville Buddy League Basketball Oct 28 Lmfao 2
wendy's in chapmanville (Apr '09) Oct 27 strong willed 20
Chapmanville Dating
Find my Match

Chapmanville People Search