Connecticut Primary Election August 1...

Connecticut Primary Election August 10: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Aug 9, 2010

210 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Dottie

AOL

#23 Aug 10, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>so you'll vote for a liar?
I don't think Blumenthal is a "liar"... McMahon manipulated his statements ... did you hear the audio where Linda got his statement about Vietnam... the statement before has him saying he did not serve in Vietnam but served during the Vietnam era, but she conveniently left that out. Blumenthal did serve in the military and he may have mispoken and made statements that some misinterpreted, but in a match up between Blumenthal and McMahon it's a no brainer to pick the most qualified candidate.
What about McMahon's condoning of steroid use in the WWE - that's OK? Let's see her run on her qualifications without all the dirty smear tactics.

She has no qualifications to be a senator and is trying to buy her way into the senate. The Republicans had an excellent candidate in Rob Simmons but instead chose to endorse the candidate that vowed to spend 40 million of her own money to become a senator from Connecticut.
Edmond Dantes

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Aug 10, 2010
Dottie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Blumenthal is a "liar"... McMahon manipulated his statements ... did you hear the audio where Linda got his statement about Vietnam... the statement before has him saying he did not serve in Vietnam but served during the Vietnam era, but she conveniently left that out. Blumenthal did serve in the military and he may have mispoken and made statements that some misinterpreted, but in a match up between Blumenthal and McMahon it's a no brainer to pick the most qualified candidate.
What about McMahon's condoning of steroid use in the WWE - that's OK? Let's see her run on her qualifications without all the dirty smear tactics.
She has no qualifications to be a senator and is trying to buy her way into the senate. The Republicans had an excellent candidate in Rob Simmons but instead chose to endorse the candidate that vowed to spend 40 million of her own money to become a senator from Connecticut.
Actually Blummie had 5 military deferments and repeadedly took steps to avoid entering Vietnam. That is what the record states. Blummie also did say, "....when I was in Vietnam." he didn't mispeak because he has clamed that on several occasions. It was only when he was called on it that he claims to have fumbled on his words. That is also on the record.
BPT

Milford, CT

#25 Aug 10, 2010
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>Hello my friend...How ya doing?
good,hope all is well with you?
Abolish The Fed

Port Jefferson, NY

#26 Aug 10, 2010
<quoted text>Brilliant and so true..PETER SCHIFF FOR SENATE..FOR PRESIDENT!!
I concur.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#27 Aug 10, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>good,hope all is well with you?
SOS...give me a jingle when you get a chance.
BPT

Milford, CT

#28 Aug 10, 2010
Dottie wrote:
<quoted text>
well dottie if you believe him, i have some swamp property in florida for you to buy.

he LIED for years as another poster pointed out.
also
when the papers referred to him as a VIETNAM vet, mr. bluementhal DID NOT call the papers to correct them about his "service". so now he is guilty of the lie of omission also.
MISPOKE!!! that is a lie also. he KNOWS he he was not in vietnam,no more so than i was.
dottie he's a liar, like most of our politicos.
mcmahon she is trying to BUY the seat, she is not qualified either.
The Sam Brothers

United States

#29 Aug 10, 2010
It is too hot to vote, but, will in November for Linda.

Stratford, CT

#30 Aug 10, 2010
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur.
Finally someone with a brain and a reality check...Like most of your comments BTW..like the way you think..Refreshing & rare on theses forums,a person who thinks with logic=You!
The Sam Brothers

United States

#31 Aug 10, 2010
Good Afternoon America. How are you? We are your favorite native sons, and Tippy is your native cat. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
The Sam Brothers

United States

#32 Aug 10, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>good,hope all is well with you?
Everything is fine with us and Tippy and her goldfish. Thanks for asking.
The Sam Brothers

United States

#33 Aug 10, 2010
MRS A wrote:
It is sad these days in just about every state the people who are running for office. You have to choose the lesser of two evils.
Who are you going to vote for in Connecticut elections today?
Kato

New Britain, CT

#34 Aug 10, 2010
The Man 2 wrote:
Today is the day we begin to change America and get rid of the Democrats that are destrying our country, starting with Rosa Delauro, Jim Himes and that walking brylcreem head Dick Blumenthal.
Dude get your facts straight before making uneducated decisions and statements! Ignorance is bliss i guess.
Napoleon Dynamite

Milford, CT

#35 Aug 10, 2010
The Sam Brothers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you going to vote for in Connecticut elections today?
Vote for Pedro

Stratford, CT

#36 Aug 10, 2010
MRS A wrote:
It is sad these days in just about every state the people who are running for office. You have to choose the lesser of two evils.
Who do you suppose allowed this to spiral out of control? We the people..to many voted the same career crooks, I mean polititions over and over..to some degree we have only ourselves to blame.
While all were complacent, unaware, too busy and every other excuse the wolves overtook the henhouse..Dodd is a prime example.
Blummie is no better, part of the same political wheel..The wheel that has to stop!
Time for more people to hold accountable those elected...
Time to vote out the crooked & self serving at our expense!
Time to vote in people..real people who do not forget what it is like to be a hardworking person
Someone who still believes in "WE THE PEOPLE...and what's right for the PEOPLE

Stratford, CT

#37 Aug 10, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>well dottie if you believe him, i have some swamp property in florida for you to buy.
also
when the papers referred to him as a VIETNAM vet, mr. bluementhal DID NOT call the papers to correct them about his "service". so now he is guilty of the lie of omission also.
MISPOKE!!! that is a lie also. he KNOWS he he was not in vietnam,no more so than i was.
So true my smart friend so true!
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#38 Aug 10, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>well dottie if you believe him, i have some swamp property in florida for you to buy.
also
Like I have said many times before most politicians are crooks and if there not when they take office it does not take long for them to reach into the cookie jar so to speak. Neither Dick or Linda are honest and she is worse than he is.,,so BPT we agree as usual hope you are keeping cool.
Keeping Cool

United States

#39 Aug 10, 2010
So, Ava, are are you going to vote for Dick or Linda in the November Connecticut election?
An Independent

Weston, CT

#40 Aug 10, 2010
Blumenthal may have put far too much of a spin on his service record, however what politician these days hasn't, however he also has a record of fighting for the people of Connecticut in his tenure as AG.

But if you want to talk about liars - Linda is part of a team who build an industry around, and her fortune around, lies. The wrestling federations for years and years insisted they were "real" and not entertainment until it became a tax advantage to them to admit it was indeed, all fake. Linda has tried to buy this election with money made from an enormous lie. She has no experience, never has represented the average person and never will, she will simply represent the interests of the wealthy. Her only skills are managing the hype around a bunch of steroid guzzling fools who like to dress up and play make believe.
Dottie

AOL

#41 Aug 10, 2010
An Independent wrote:
Blumenthal may have put far too much of a spin on his service record, however what politician these days hasn't, however he also has a record of fighting for the people of Connecticut in his tenure as AG.
But if you want to talk about liars - Linda is part of a team who build an industry around, and her fortune around, lies. The wrestling federations for years and years insisted they were "real" and not entertainment until it became a tax advantage to them to admit it was indeed, all fake. Linda has tried to buy this election with money made from an enormous lie. She has no experience, never has represented the average person and never will, she will simply represent the interests of the wealthy. Her only skills are managing the hype around a bunch of steroid guzzling fools who like to dress up and play make believe.
You are right, Blumenthal has made his share of mistakes but many men had deferments in the sixties due to their jobs or marital status.

If the choice in November is between Blumenthal or McMahon, Blumenthal has my vote. He has done well for the state of Connecticut in his job as attorney general, she has no mainstream business experience and will do nothing for the average CT citizen if she were to make it to Washington.

I am waiting for his TV ads refuting her smears and exposing her for the groin kicking jerk she is.
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#42 Aug 10, 2010
<quoted text>Who do you suppose allowed this to spiral out of control? We the people..to many voted the same career crooks, I mean polititions over and over..to some degree we have only ourselves to blame.
While all were complacent, unaware, too busy and every other excuse the wolves overtook the henhouse..Dodd is a prime example.
Blummie is no better, part of the same political wheel..The wheel that has to stop!
Time for more people to hold accountable those elected...
Time to vote out the crooked & self serving at our expense!
Time to vote in people..real people who do not forget what it is like to be a hardworking person
Someone who still believes in "WE THE PEOPLE...and what's right for the PEOPLE
You are right I do not vote straight done a party line I try to study and ask questions and vote for the person I feel will do the best job, lately I am disgusted with most of them.They promise you the world and we get Nada

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaplin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
News Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) Apr '16 Kim 9
News UConn housing plan for black men draws fire Apr '16 Spotted Girl 1
News DCF Vs. Parents: Unfair Tactics? -- Courant.com (Jul '07) Apr '16 Sarah C 228
News Gonorrhea treatable in one shot dose (Jul '10) Apr '16 Mavin 7
News Professor analyzes consequences of 'gutted' Vot... Mar '16 Jeremy 2
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Feb '16 Juke Joint Jump 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chaplin Mortgages