UConn Failed To Investigate Sexual Assault Reports And Protect Victims, Complaint Claims

Oct 21, 2013 Full story: The Huffington Post

The University of Connecticut is the subject of two federal complaints over the way school officials and campus police responded to reports of sexual violence and harassment at the Storrs, Conn.

Full Story
kev from Michigan

Rochester, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Sexual harassment has an impact phsychologically on most humans. Consensual is different. Yes it does make sense to have limited partners but not illegal. I am talking from experience. When i was in air force in early 80's it was not tolerated. Verbal let alone physical. I had no problem adhering to these rules. As a youngster i was constantly fondled by my dads pervert brother. He even did it in front of my parents . I was extremely naive. I never remembered until i was 46.
I believe any administration including colleges should have some policy administered to keep People aware. If these girls were preyed upon unwillingly, much severe action should happen. I know if my parents in 70's would have acted responsibly, that uncle would have never had the chance to have done it again.and done some jail or prison even through clothes Alabama felony with no statutes. Michigan misdeameanor. If. People r smart enough to enter a university, they should have discipline to know when things r going too far with opposite sex. Or same sex. It really isn't hard. Eye candy is one thing. But physical or even verbal can start process of unwanted behavior. The persons that violates it should be taken away so as to not tarnish the good people who r there to learn and have responsible fun later.
I am not preaching but damage this uncle did to me was never addressed until it had taken toll. The university should takes complaints more serious like the military should and other places where people gather to avoid liability later as in jerry sandusky scandal.not rocket science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaplin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) Fri William Walker 2
DCF Vs. Parents: Unfair Tactics? -- Courant.com (Jul '07) Dec 17 Matthew 223
3 arrested in Windham High stabbing (May '09) Dec 4 Bob 11
Weird things going on at Dan's? (Feb '09) Nov '14 Jax 32
Windham Hospital (Mar '08) Nov '14 Jason 8
Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Oct '14 shaBOO 143
Police name man found dead in Chaplin (Feb '12) Sep '14 the real truth 12
Chaplin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web