Watch Your Step Before Signing Up Wit...

Watch Your Step Before Signing Up With Paint Firm -- Courant.com

There are 1 comment on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 2, 2007, titled Watch Your Step Before Signing Up With Paint Firm -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Hoping to earn $10,000 or more this summer, hundreds of college students in Connecticut, around the country and in Canada are lining up painting jobs as franchisees of CollegePro.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

James Davis

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2007
Your analysis of Collegepro's success rate of their entrepreneurial associates seems pretty harsh considering the generally accepted success rate of all small businesses.

Most business experts conform to a theory of "thirds": Of all the new business startups, 1/3 eventually turn a profit, 1/3 break even, and 1/3 never leave a negative earnings scenario. According to a study by the U.S. Small Business Association

Considering this fact it seems like Collegepro is pretty much on par with the rest of small business opportunities. The reality is only 1/3 of the population that tries to run a small business has what it takes to make it profitable. I'd say Collegepro is a good opportunity for students that have the qualities needed to run a business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaplin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Thu Scn7848 160
News Storrs Man Gets 9-Year Prison Term In Video Sto... (Jun '08) Mar 8 Ohplze 2
News Inauguration Day rally shows support of undocum... Jan '17 spytheweb 3
Review: Meehan & Daughters Real Estate (Nov '09) Nov '16 PHD 12
News DCF Vs. Parents: Unfair Tactics? -- Courant.com (Jul '07) Nov '16 randomctperson 233
Storrs Jukebox (Jul '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 27
News Teacher charged with sexual assault (Dec '08) Sep '16 Provider Halves I... 18

Chaplin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chaplin Mortgages