Car Break Ins Reported in Chapin

Car Break Ins Reported in Chapin

There are 31 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Car Break Ins Reported in Chapin. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Richland County deputies are reporting a string of car break-ins near the town of Chapin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Q Public

Columbia, SC

#23 Jan 10, 2008
Recently Chapin PD has extended its patrol borders and hence abilty to operate radar. This questioable border extension that has been endorsed by the LCSD(Metts) through a MOA should allow the CPD to patrol some of the affected neighborhoods. It has been my observation that the only improvement in police services is the increased harrassment of the mostly law abiding mature motoring public.
Concerned Citizen

Andrews, SC

#24 Jan 10, 2008
This was actually closer to the Ballentine area, not Chapin.
vigilante

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#25 Jan 10, 2008
load up your car...stake it out...take the shot...have the perp. mounted...like a trophy buck
Publius II

United States

#26 Jan 10, 2008
To say that Chapin is in Lexington Cty is not quite true, because the county lines change constantly, and saying "Chapin" does not mean you live in Chapin proper. It means you are served by the Chapin post office.
I live in Lexington cty, my license and voter reg. say Chapin, but i do not live in the town of Chapin. Still, I shop there almost every day, and I see the CPD there every day, and I have yet to see an actual law enforcement matter handled by them. Except once in the Bi Lo parking lot someone scrapped a car and left the scene. You would think the Martians landed by their response. And Mayor Shealy has to be the biggest bonehead ever born, or they must have something on him to allow him to keep the job.
junior

United States

#27 Jan 10, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The common factor is IDIOTS who leave $5000 worth of computers, cameras, GPS units, and other valuables in their cars.
TAKE YOUR STUFF OUT OF YOUR CARS YOU IDIOTS!!!! CARS ARE NOT SAFES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
Thank You!!...My thoughts exactly!!
GreenBean

Columbia, SC

#28 Jan 10, 2008
I live in Caedmons Creek Subdivision between Irmo and Ballentine.My vehicle was one of five I know of in the neighorhood that was broken into last night. Luckily, there was nothing of value in my truck. The richland deputy that responded told me they had a very strong lead, let's hope it comes through. I'll be installing a small security camera in the next week to monitor my driveway.
what

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#29 Jan 10, 2008
Publius II wrote:
To say that Chapin is in Lexington Cty is not quite true, because the county lines change constantly, and saying "Chapin" does not mean you live in Chapin proper. It means you are served by the Chapin post office.
I live in Lexington cty, my license and voter reg. say Chapin, but i do not live in the town of Chapin. Still, I shop there almost every day, and I see the CPD there every day, and I have yet to see an actual law enforcement matter handled by them. Except once in the Bi Lo parking lot someone scrapped a car and left the scene. You would think the Martians landed by their response. And Mayor Shealy has to be the biggest bonehead ever born, or they must have something on him to allow him to keep the job.
"county lines change constantly"

are you sure that county lines change constantly?? city lines change but county? i think they are pretty well set.
Publius II

United States

#30 Jan 10, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>
"county lines change constantly"
are you sure that county lines change constantly?? city lines change but county? i think they are pretty well set.
What I mean is that due to tax grabs you could go from Irmo to Chapin on Hwy 76 and go into and out of Richland county three times, and therefore Lexington cty the same. It is a boundary thing, for the same reason the Harbison mall cuts through the line and some stores can open on Sunday before others. I have lived here for over twenty years, so I have some idea wherof I speak.
Buck

Irmo, SC

#32 Jan 11, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The common factor is IDIOTS who leave $5000 worth of computers, cameras, GPS units, and other valuables in their cars.
TAKE YOUR STUFF OUT OF YOUR CARS YOU IDIOTS!!!! CARS ARE NOT SAFES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
I should be able to leave $1 million in my car, flashed on the dashboard. NO ONE has the right to break into MY cars! Granted, these items make a break in more tempting, BUT my husband's truck was victimized by these JERKS, and we had NOTHING for them to take. Watch who you're calling an idiot, idiot!
GreenBean

West Columbia, SC

#33 Jan 11, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizen, your comments are part of the problem and quite frankly show that your are a moron. It's that mentality that makes me sick to my stomach. Buck's right, i'm afraid you are the idiot here. I'm sure your statement would be different if it was your vehicle damaged as mine was, which by the way had nothing of value in it at the time. There is no excuse for criminal activity of this nature. NONE.
diane

Hopkins, SC

#34 Jan 12, 2008
i think that they need andy and barney in chapin they might be able to solve the problem or the chiefs wife might get another bad check
lmfao about chapin i live to close to chapin know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Nathan Ballentine as State Re... (Oct '14) Jun '17 watch man 2
Boating accident May '17 Dwilstm 1
Drunk drivers of Lake Murray (Dec '16) Dec '16 treetop 1
News Lexington County Fire Service, EMS respond to C... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Anna 1
Review: Hugh Vann Sales Inc (Jul '15) Jul '15 Interested consumer 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Chip Huggins as State Represe... (Oct '14) Oct '14 marilyn coy 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Wayne Adams as Administrator? (Oct '14) Oct '14 marilyn coy 1

Chapin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chapin Mortgages